First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im not sure about the sway bar disconnect, but nobody knows if front lockers or upgraded suspension will be options so premature to say that they aren’t options.
They list rear lockers as optional on some trims but fronts as only "included w/sasquatch" on any trim where they are not standard. Ergo, no optional front lockers.

You can take solace in the idea that there will likely be dealer installed lifts available from the jump if you want to have a win on this one.

Look, I understand and respect the desire to piecemeal the best parts of higher trims or backdoor into a manual with sasquatch, but it's just wishful thinking. Ford laid out the trims and option packages in a logical way and allowing you to just pick and choose every single option you want flies in the face of that.

Luckily we have a short wait until build and price is up and these kinds of discussions can end.
Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look, I understand and respect the desire to piecemeal the best parts of higher trims or backdoor into a manual with sasquatch, but it's just wishful thinking. Ford laid out the trims and option packages in a logical way and allowing you to just pick and choose every single option you want flies in the face of that.
Exactly this.

All these questions about "will I be able to get this on my BD" or "that on an Outer Banks"?

I think the answer to about 95% of all these questions is going to be "NO".

Thats why Ford offered 7 DIFFERENT TRIM LEVELS.

For example, I really do not think a front locker will be a stand alone option to add on to the Black Diamond.

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are the rubber floor mats in the BD removable? Nice to wash them out in place but if it is
really dirty better to remove and clean. Surely they are??

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think the BD comes with ANY floor mats.

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think the BD comes with ANY floor mats.
So it is a rubberized floor that is bonded to the floor pans and you can't remove? So when you got a big glob of mud inside you have to run enough water through it to turn it into liquid to rinse all out - vs just take out the rubber floor mat, spray off and reinstall. The more I think about this, the more of a PITA those floors would be. It's not like you can hit
them at the car wash with pressure (which will splatter mud everywhere)...you will have to rinse at home with low pressure and rubbing and make sure it all drains out then wipe down inside. Sounds terrible...am I wrong?

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
So it is a rubberized floor that is bonded to the floor pans and you can't remove? So when you got a big glob of mud inside you have to run enough water through it to turn it into liquid to rinse all out - vs just take out the rubber floor mat, spray off and reinstall. The more I think about this, the more of a PITA those floors would be. It's not like you can hit
them at the car wash with pressure (which will splatter mud everywhere)...you will have to rinse at home with low pressure and rubbing and make sure it all drains out then wipe down inside. Sounds terrible...am I wrong?
I wouldn't think its bonded, most likely form fit like the factory carpet. It may be a pita to remove but I doubt its glued down. They probably use clips.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So when you got a big glob of mud inside you have to run enough water through it to turn it into liquid to rinse all out
Yes that's correct.

I really don't understand where people's obsession with floor mats came from. Somewhere, at some point, EVERYONE started thinking they have to have super tough all weather floor mats covering every square inch of the interior of their car. Whether its a Camry, or a Prius or a Benz that lives in southwestern Texas and never rains or snows, or anywhere.

Maybe it was the 10 page WeatherTech ads in Road and Track.

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wouldn't think its bonded, most likely form fit like the factory carpet. It may be a pita to remove but I doubt its glued down. They probably use clips.
If it isn't bonded (to eliminate water trapping between rubber and metal) then isn't this a recipe for floor to rust out prematurely? I thought I wanted a rubber floor. The more I consider, it seems less attractive. Be nice to see in person to understand how difficult to remove when needed. I think the notion of easy to rinse out will be a disappointment for many when the floor has residue left on it after it's rinsed and the only way to really clean becomes scrubbing in place. Not trying to make argument here...just I think not for me. I sure like the other std features on BD.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

wash out interior with standard carpet floor mats LOL... Either way I will get some weather techs only because they do a good job of retaining dirt. I do hiking so makes it easier on cleanup.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it isn't bonded (to eliminate water trapping between rubber and metal) then isn't this a recipe for floor to rust out prematurely? I thought I wanted a rubber floor. The more I consider, it seems less attractive. Be nice to see in person to understand how difficult to remove when needed. I think the notion of easy to rinse out will be a disappointment for many when the floor has residue left on it after it's rinsed and the only way to really clean becomes scrubbing in place. Not trying to make argument here...just I think not for me. I sure like the other std features on BD.
I see your point, i presume the floor is painted. I dont think it would be more prone to rust than a carpet that holds onto the water. The carpet may come out easier though.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont think it would be more prone to rust
Hopefully, the floor drain plug has sufficient water integrity to prevent road water from seeping in

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1597074438952

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully, the floor drain plug has sufficient water integrity to prevent road water from seeping in

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1597074438952

I have literal holes rusted into my floors in my truck. Very little water, if any, gets in. I wouldn't be too concerned about water ingress through the plugs.

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have literal holes rusted into my floors in my truck. Very little water, if any, gets in. I wouldn't be too concerned about water ingress through the plugs.
Same I have a massive 3"x1" hole where the guy who welded my rock rails on my Jeep WJ blew through the floor and set the carpet on fire...the floor is barely ever wet inside and I've lived through a New England winter like that!
Sponsored