Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Choices, Amen. Winter tires help, but up here, doing 1500-2000 miles per month for the winter 5 or 6 months, they only last a couple years then it's a grand for another for a new set (mounted and balanced). Might be worth it? My experience is mud tires are a worse answer for ice and snow. Chains are a PITA, but the good answer for ice. When I lived on the Oregon coast and did a lot of winter steel head fishing, black ice was common when heading up into the coastal range. Rain in town at sea level and ice in the hills and mountains. Most of the steel headers put chains on around 500 - 1000ft elv. There was an ongoing debate about 4WD vs 2WD. Seemed to be some consensus about 4WD going up, 2WD coming down. The additional drag of the engaged front wheels can cause them to skid on rapid deceleration. Often leading to an adrenalin blast and a tighter grip on the steering wheel. Ah choices, life is full of them and sometimes we make the right ones, sometimes not.

See you run a Tundra. I had a 2009. Loved it, not so much the gas mileage and it was tight in my garage. Traded it for a Colorado. Bad choice - the gas pedal and the transmission couldn't seem to get on the same page. Dealer software flashes didn't help. Driving a 4runner now and it's a great vehicle but this Broncho is winking and nodding at me!
Yoopers! Spent a lot of time in crivitz and parts north since Marinette was our close town. Have all my yoopers cd's!

Your complaint about the avalanche is what I had in my 01 taco. Always Hunting gears....
Tundra is a great truck.... But fun? Time for fun.

Can't decide on 4A.
Sponsored

Yooperwheels

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yoopers! Spent a lot of time in crivitz and parts north since Marinette was our close town. Have all my yoopers cd's!

Your complaint about the avalanche is what I had in my 01 taco. Always Hunting gears....
Tundra is a great truck.... But fun? Time for fun.

Can't decide on 4A.
Fun is good! As are Yooper CD's.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For my Black Diamond fam ( ? cred: jc.groves Instagram):

4F1530E8-E658-4BB4-980C-E0E25DBC9A39.jpeg

3020B90B-6AEE-4852-93E9-92BD7D5A4376.jpeg
I am not a red color guy when it comes to cars but man, Rapid Red really makes me want to convert. That is hot for sure.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd planned on BD....but I kinda think Area 51 is weak....and I doubt Velocity will look good with the greyish/silvery/bronzish MIC top....so I think Ford is convincing me to downgrade to Base or Big Bend

Whoever decided interior blue/orange trim (and approved...and approved at higher levels) doesn't have a clue

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would give anything if Ford would give us some side shots of BD or even all models for that matter facing each other nose to nose with their Sasquatch counterpart. It very hard To guage the difference in overall looks otherwise.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry I can't follow all these versions and options; is the largest nav screen available on the BD? Thanks for an answer.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry I can't follow all these versions and options; is the largest nav screen available on the BD? Thanks for an answer.
No. It requires High or Lux packages, which BD doesn’t get.

Sponsored

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are the BD upgrades wheels just the Sasquatch wheels minus the bead locks?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heavily leaning towards the BD now. I wish it had plain black vinyl seats but I can live with the two tone. Don't care for the orange accents in the BL. Mid package is a must and Squatch.

Deleted member 14617

I would like a race red BD, Squatch, mid package, 2 door. tow package, 2.7L engine, and roof rails.

I went ahead and priced a similarly capable Jeep Wrangler. As a rough estimate, the pricing seems comparable. But the Bronco seems so much nicer. This will be the nicest vehicle I've ever had, and probably ever will.

I just need the money fairies to drop $47K in my lap. :)
Sponsored