Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A couple folks posted some a few pages back.
Here's a decent picture of a non squatch Area 51 BD that was part of the interiors video BN put up.
Side pic BD.jpg

[/QUOTE]

That Area 51 looks so good on that. My build will have the steelies though.
Sponsored

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many were disappointed after B&P landed but I was very happy with my 2dr BD build. Here were my pleasant surprises.

1. Clicking Advanced 4x4 got me A/T
2. A bikini top for 2dr was a surprise. (I can have that on at least six months of the year.)
3. The A/T savings (if it is accurate) bought me the rock rails back (if accurate), hitch bike rack and roof rails.
4. I like that 2dr shows a little of the exterior color on the doors. A little 2dr love.
5. BD MGV IMO is the nicest interior.
6. I’m in the minority but I kinda like the blue interior accents with my Race Red. Kinda patriotic!

Us in camp BD weren’t getting painted hard top anyways so might as well use the MIC top and buy white or black in 3 or 4 years if I want to.

Now for just a nice production profile shot with stock steelies and I’m all set. (Until Ford starts changing things again).
I have only considered the 2 door also. I took a few days the first week to research what to reserve with my Ben Franklin. I knew it was 2 door BD or keep my JK! So BD it was on 7/19and BD it still is now.
The grey to is a nice change from Jeep. I am coming to terms with the poor rear seat arrangement and will deal with it. Never kept the rear seat in any of the 4 Jeeps longer than the first few minutes home for purchasing it.

I went down and clicked mid package first. Then I went up and added advanced 4X4. That netted no charge for AT and advanced 4X4.
I really don't want all the texting assist crap bundled in mid package, BUT if BnP holds true, all that is cheaper than AT alone! I hope it is not a bug in BnP.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So weighing in on optioned out BB vs BD optioned
Do you think the vinyl washout interior is worth losing fog lights and signature headlights? I plan to go to Moab twice a year, and trails a few more times. Plus we occasionally get moderate snow.
Fog lights are worthless. Never did a thing since you must turn on main lamps to use them.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's a decent picture of a non squatch Area 51 BD that was part of the interiors video BN put up.
Side pic BD.jpg
That Area 51 looks so good on that. My build will have the steelies though.
[/QUOTE]
Are those the actual tires in there, they look pretty small. 33"'s should easily fit.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Side pic BD.jpg

[/QUOTE]
I love A51 but everytime I say to myself I can skip the squatch I see this. Don’t get me wrong it looks good but man those are small tires and a lot of space for bigger tires..

Sponsored

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Side pic BD.jpg
I love A51 but everytime I say to myself I can skip the squatch I see this. Don’t get me wrong it looks good but man those are small tires and a lot of space for bigger tires..
[/QUOTE]
I agree, I just keep telling myself that I can always add bigger tires if needed in the future.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Carpeted mats come with, which is nice, to me. I don't need a wash out floor, so the carpet will help it feel right. You could always toss in some Weathertechs so you don't have to hose it out all the time!
If you get the $160 floor liner option do you still get the carpet liners?
Would be nice to have both.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m fine with the stock BD tires until I wear them out. At that point I’ll sniff around a little. This photo after all is my inspiration. Wait!!! White walls!

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread BA417006-05E8-40BF-8CF7-B48F93AFD61D

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you get the $160 floor liner option do you still get the carpet liners?
Would be nice to have both.
wait so BD comes with carpeted mats? Is the floor liner similar to Weathertech mats?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Side pic BD.jpg

[/QUOTE]
That's the setup I want but in a 2-dr.

Edit: With steelies.

Last edited:

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ugh, I so badly wanted to go BD... but after messing with the BB... I feel like I get more of what I want. Like the LED Headlamps. The vinyl seats aren't that important to me. And sure a steel bumper and rock rails would be great... if I were rock climbing, but I'm not, and won't... Idk, maybe it's just my particular build, but I feel I get more from the BB, and it comes in like $500 cheaper. :)
Im there with you. I was set on BD before B&P. I thought BB was never an option. Two factors have turned me off of BD. I can build a BB closer to what I actually want and a recent post with a close-up shot of the vinyl seats was a real eye-opener. They look horrible to sit on at any temp.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a little tidbit that might make you feel a whole lot better about the stock tire/wheel size on the Black Diamond trim.

First the dilemma, as it pertains to me and some others that have expressed the concern:
  • The stock wheels/tires look too small on the Black Diamond
    • especially when considering the amount of open space left in the wheel well
    • especially when comparing to all of the pre-production models we have been fed so far - which are mostly some sort of Sasquatch build

• Here is an example of your media fed Bronco (what they want you to think a Bronco is..)
    • Just Google 2021 Ford Bronco and some of the first images back are of these beefy guys:
    • Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603745714329
    • Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603745668004
    • Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603745643444

Now consider that there is not a lot of media out there on the stock Black Diamond trim. We know what the Sasquatch Bronco looks like (bad ass) but we don't know if we need or want all of that, especially considering the hefty upgrade price. So you really consider the stock... But when you look at what we have seen, then take a look at a stock CGI build it makes you think twice. Image for example:

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603745974634

hm.. let's consider that sasquatch build again:

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603746041886

Much more of what I imagined. You get that nice aggressive height, you're filling the wheel well, it just looks better. But...

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603746226554

I have been doing a lot of research & comparisons. I have had a lot of conflicting thoughts, gone through a lot of motions, had some coming of Jesus', and so on. In summary I had to make sure this is the vehicle that I want. I doing so (making sure) I have checked out and test driven some other vehicles. In addition to that have done a lot of interwebs searches.

I'll tell you without any reference that the stock Black Diamond tires are wider than the some competitors - like the Land Rover Defender. But to make you feel better let's go through an exercise.

Do you agree these wheels look small? Maybe too small for the vehicle, for the look that you imagined?
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603746395544

Do you think that these wheels/tires look small?
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603746559438

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603746924858

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603746605748

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603746945017

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603746954326

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread 1603747178724

Personally I don't think that they look to small. I think that this vehicle looks extremely aggressive and badass. So much so that when I viewed it in person I almost bought it on the spot. Those are some aggressive, nice looking wheels/tires on an aggressive, nice looking off road vehicle. Comparing this vehicle (in person) to the Bronco (online CGI) I would bet a lot of money that those tires on the Colorado are much bigger than the stock Black Diamond.

Chevy Colorado ZR2
17" 265/65R17 Goodyear® Wrangler DuraTrac®

Now the size of those tires on the stock Black DIamond..

Black Diamond
T265/70R17 All-Terrain (A/T) Tires | INCLUDED

Conclusion:
Same Width! And a bit taller tire than this aggressive Chevy Colorado ZR2! (which looks huge and aggressive in person)

Maybe that didn't help you, and maybe you do not agree. But overall this definitely made me feel better about the stock choice for the Black Diamond so I just wanted to share.

Cheers
Sponsored