Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the Wrangler Willys is a better real life comparison to the BD without the Sasquatch package. The BD tire is a bit wider than the Willys but it will give many members hope.
44EC4CF5-23E9-432E-83CA-0D19D610F720.jpeg
D920BC7D-8859-4361-A550-395ED1ABC44E.jpeg
Lol I'm actually cross-shopping this Jeep
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I go back and forth... I do love the upgraded wheels on the BD, but just seems to me that it needs bigger tires to fill out the rig better, so I most likely will squatch it...
Unfortunately that puts me $50,010, I wanted to be closer to the 45-47 range...

Oh well it’s only cash I will make more...
?

Sgtfun

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, trucks, boats and motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t think you’re missing anything. I don’t want high or lux. If I leave the top off and it rains I don’t want to worry about all that fancy stuff.
the only spot I differ from you is I want the Sasquatch package. I like the way it looks and the gearing.
I will most likely add a little lift and 37’s in a couple of years when the 35’s wear down. It will be nice to have the better gearing with the Sasquatch. I also like the idea of the advanced 4x4 with the automatic 4 wheel drive option.

But the BD is by far and away the best capable for the money and more than 98% of us will use anyway.

it’s more than I’ll use to be honest. But I still want more, ?.
I was considering the same thing - super nice to have the right mechanical foundation from the factory. You can get the automatic 4 wheel as an $800 upgrade (which I would do) which leaves the locker, upgraded shocks, small lift, wheels and tires. I like the steel wheels, thinking about heading over to the tire shops directly from the dealership to swap for BFG 35’s. Then wait for a nice aftermarket 3” suspension and call it done.

Reactions: RLW

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford reps have said that 33’s will fit on the black diamond. You’ll need to have the speedometer reprogrammed if you want it to be accurate.
Why ? What does that mean and how much does that cost to do ?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why ? What does that mean and how much does that cost to do ?
It means 33’s (285/70r17) will fit with minimal or no rubbing. Depends what brand/style tires you choose. Most likely have to do it with your local tire store.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It means 33’s (285/70r17) will fit with minimal or no rubbing. Depends what brand/style tires you choose. Most likely have to do it with your local tire store.
Thanks. Do we know if it fits or just guessing ?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

According to ford reps, yes. Judging by the additional room in the wheel well, I would concur. In the event it caused issues, I’m sure there will be level kits available aftermarket. Most likely problem spot would be in the front. You can get a 3/4” puck from rough country for the front of jeeps for $30, I’m sure there will be similar kits for the broncos once they hit the streets. 33’s should be little to no problem. I’m hoping to fit small 34’s under mine (285/75r17).

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I go back and forth... I do love the upgraded wheels on the BD, but just seems to me that it needs bigger tires to fill out the rig better, so I most likely will squatch it...

?
Granger or Stephens will put you there...Im just over $47k after tax(v6,mid,squatch,mic top) but then again Alabama is 2% on new vehicles.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Educated guess. The WildTrak and Squatch are the only listed machines. Check through the PDF to find the 285s, check the wheel specs and there is a very solid answer of what will fit.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granger or Stephens will put you there...Im just over $47k after tax(v6,mid,squatch,mic top) but then again Alabama is 2% on new vehicles.
Are you looking at a 2 dr or 4?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Educated guess. The WildTrak and Squatch are the only listed machines. Check through the PDF to find the 285s, check the wheel specs and there is a very solid answer of what will fit.
Fit as in room in the wheelwell, but fits as in backspacing on the stock wheels is not clear. Different size wheels and may have different backspacing. Still shouldn't be much of an issue though. If I can't get a mansquatch, I'll be changing to 285/75/17s and making it work. I don't mind trimming the wheelwells though. Clearance at the UCA will be the issue.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

?
I am in the same boat. If somebody could confirm that the Sasquatch package would be a good ride on highways I would do it. Worried about noisy ride, poor gas mileage etc as this will be my daily driver.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fit as in room in the wheelwell, but fits as in backspacing on the stock wheels is not clear. Different size wheels and may have different backspacing. Still shouldn't be much of an issue though. If I can't get a mansquatch, I'll be changing to 285/75/17s and making it work. I don't mind trimming the wheelwells though. Clearance at the UCA will be the issue.
That's why I suggested finding the specs of the wheel for the model that had the 285s. I know I read somewhere on the Bronco documentation about wheel size and width and thought that only one, the Sasquatch, had an offset. The others were 6, 7,7.5 or 8" depending on the footprint size.
Sponsored