Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, that's what I meant. I may be using my July 21 reservation and wouldn't be able to get Manual and Sasquatch without pushing it to 2022. So I am counting MY22 as "late availability".

But for what I need (I don't rock crawl, but I camp on a lot "iffy" Forest Service roads), Sasquatch is overkill, plus a Base with Sasquatch will cost almost as much as upgrading to Black Diamond especially if I add the steel bumper and am buying based on invoice and not MSRP.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgive me if this has been discussed or covered recently but does anyone know if on MY 22 we will be able to get a MT BD with a mid package? I know it’s not offered on MY 21 unless you get an auto.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgive me if this has been discussed or covered recently but does anyone know if on MY 22 we will be able to get a MT BD with a mid package? I know it’s not offered on MY 21 unless you get an auto.
All we know is that, for now, it is only available on the Badlands trim.

Sponsored

TheFuzzyBunny

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you Sasquatch both there should be no difference. If you don't the BD has 32s and the BL has 33s, so the different wouldn't a lot. I don't think the BL suspension would add more than an inch or two over the BD.

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do we know the difference in ride height of a Black Diamond and a Badlands?
Seems most of it is the size of the tires impacting the height. Sasquatch adds less than a 1/2” lift if I remember correctly.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread E20D1C09-333F-485A-ADD9-06F73D8120D2

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It may even be offered now for MY21. We will need a dealer on here to try it to confirm.

Unlike B&P, the MY21 ordering guide makes it sound like it is an option to add the Mid-Package to the Manual Black Diamond without the remote start feature. But when I talked to Albert at @Granger Ford he hadn't had one like that to input yet, so he hasn't tried it to know if it works.

Who knows which members on here are dealers? Can we tag them all and get them to let us know if it is an option for real?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems most of it is the size of the tires impacting the height. Sasquatch adds less than a 1/2” lift if I remember correctly.
E20D1C09-333F-485A-ADD9-06F73D8120D2.jpeg
Most of the BL ride height is standard, right around an inch taller, the Sasquatch adds at most 1/2”.
Using tires sizes and this chart there is 0.7" difference of actual lift from BB to BL. Then there is 0.55" if lift from BL to Sas. So the Sas lift from BB/BD is only about 1.25". Tires are doing everything else.

If you add 285/70x17 to the BB or BD right at the Ford dealer you will sit about 0.7" lower than a badlands.

If you add 285/75/17 to BB/BD (don't know that is is doable yet) you will be almost even with BL, and within 0.7 of Sas.

Goes to show that everyone talking about the 2" Ford factory lift you can add to the Bronco will probably be just that. The Sas and BL don't seem to have a lift of sorts, its just bumpers/springs/whatever little changes that make up the basic suspension. You aren't going to "lose" anything by adding it to Sas, if you can.

Last edited:

Sponsored

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It may even be offered now for MY21. We will need a dealer on here to try it to confirm.

Unlike B&P, the MY21 ordering guide makes it sound like it is an option to add the Mid-Package to the Manual Black Diamond without the remote start feature. But when I talked to Albert at @Granger Ford he hadn't had one like that to input yet, so he hasn't tried it to know if it works.

Who knows which members on here are dealers? Can we tag them all and get them to let us know if it is an option for real?
I talked to my dealer yesterday and asked about the ability to add the Mid-Package a manual Black Diamond. I haven't heard back from them yet. I'll post an update when I hear something.

I looked at the submitted order sheet to see how many people opted for manuals in the Badlands, Black Diamond, and Big bend trims. There were 48 (31 Badlands, 14 Black Diamonds, and 3 Big Bends). Around 40 percent of the total orders are for Badlands. Hopefully Ford realizes allowing the mid manual on the lower trims would allow them to ship out more Broncos with out having to wait on Badlands parts.

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I the only person that hasn't got a call from their dealer to move the res to an order? Lol

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It does look like that at first, but if you look under the 10 speed Auto section it says "322A: Standard". It's the standard and only transmission option available with the Mid Package (322A) on the Black Diamond. I fell for it too lol

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've lamented in different threads about my final decision...Do I get BD and do aftermarket wheels and tires, do I squatch, or do I spend the money for a Badlands? Well, I just saw a 4 door wrangler up close and I noticed the tire size...265/70...same as BD. It looked "good enough" to potentially just upgrade the wheels and wait on the bigger tires until the OEMs are worn out.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've lamented in different threads about my final decision...Do I get BD and do aftermarket wheels and tires, do I squatch, or do I spend the money for a Badlands? Well, I just saw a 4 door wrangler up close and I noticed the tire size...265/70...same as BD. It looked "good enough" to potentially just upgrade the wheels and wait on the bigger tires until the OEMs are worn out.
My thoughts exactly.
Sponsored