85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been really impressed with my Grabber AT's on my Ranger offroad, onroad and in snow. It really made my day when I saw the BD came with them from the factory.

My F-150 dd has Wildpeak AT's, they are pretty good too.
Sponsored

TxAg08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This really depends on if you have your heart set on 35’s and bead lock wheels from day 1. Putting the SAS on a BD is only ~$200 less than a basic BD with auto. So is some of the other things you get with badlands (SB disconnect, higher options) worth the extra coin? My take is that I want a manual and can always upgrade tire size later so went with BL. It would cost me 200 plus my time to install an aftermarket SB disconnect anyway.

Had BD offered the high trim I would have gone that route.

I don’t think the 2500 markup for a BL with SAS makes much sence. I’m getting a manual so it’s pretty much identical except for the bump stop and the tires/wheels.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can anyone explain why you can't get the Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner with SAS? I'm baffled...

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can anyone explain why you can't get the Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner with SAS? I'm baffled...
Rumor is it related to GVWR. It's been discussed a bunch around here and i don't know if there was a 100% statement from Ford, but that seems to be the reason.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rumor is it related to GVWR. It's been discussed a bunch around here and i don't know if there was a 100% statement from Ford, but that seems to be the reason.
GVWR?

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The thought is the weight of the Bronco with the SAS is so close to the GVWR that they stopped adding accessories to have enough payload for passengers and some cargo.

The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM), is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer[6] including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.[7] The term is used for motor vehicles and trains

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The thought is the weight of the Bronco with the SAS is so close to the GVWR that they stopped adding accessories to have enough payload for passengers and some cargo.

The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM), is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer[6] including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.[7] The term is used for motor vehicles and trains
Yeah, just googled it. Hard to believe some foam liner would put it over the limit.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone have some decent Tire recommendations? I want to move up to at least a 33. The 32s just look a little small for the 4 door Black Diamond.

I am running Falken wildpeaks on my tacoma right now. They seem pretty solid, unless yall have something else to add to the wishlist.
Most folks who are switching to 33's tend to think of the BL 33's 285/70 x 17. While this may be ideal for some they may cause clearance issues on trims without upgraded suspension and wheels due to width induced issues. I'm looking at 255/80 x 17, which will fit 7.5" wheels nicely and have fewer clearance issues. They are actually a little taller than the 285's (33.06 vs 32.71) and are available from Falken, Cooper and others.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Builds falvl0.ang.xl

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been really impressed with my Grabber AT's on my Ranger offroad, onroad and in snow. It really made my day when I saw the BD came with them from the factory.

My F-150 dd has Wildpeak AT's, they are pretty good too.
I was told the tread makes them worse in the snow ? What have your heard ?

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was told the tread makes them worse in the snow ? What have your heard ?
What tread?

Both the WIldpeak and Grabber has the snowpeak rating similar to a KO2. I live on a rural gravel road with a highway commute to get to town. This was my first year with the Falkens and they were awesome.

I don't drive my Ranger in salt but messing around the farm they almost seemed to get around better than the Falkens (on vastly different trucks)

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What tread?

Both the WIldpeak and Grabber has the snowpeak rating similar to a KO2. I live on a rural gravel road with a highway commute to get to town. This was my first year with the Falkens and they were awesome.

I don't drive my Ranger in salt but messing around the farm they almost seemed to get around better than the Falkens (on vastly different trucks)
Was talking about The grabbers

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO as good or better as any other At. Beats the crap out of the normal Perrelli/hancook type OEM junk AT.
Just trying to see how they compare with winter tires. Have never gone without winters.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just trying to see how they compare with winter tires. Have never gone without winters.
I'm still just wrapping my head around the fact people use dedicated winter tires on trucks. And here i thought i was getting away from the two sets of wheels and tires I've kept for my cars.
Sponsored