Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi,
I have the opportunity to buy BD Steelie take offs for $1,000 tires have 0 miles. I really wanted the wheels only but seller won't split it up. I've read mixed reviews on the grabbers. I'm in the northeast, pavement driving 90% of the time and on the beach a few times. Curious how people are liking them as a daily driver. Seeing alot of comments that they catch alot of rocks, wondering if thats as big an issue on pavement
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ignore. I’m just getting off anesthesia and mis-read your original post. Ha!

Grabbers are great tires.

Last edited:

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Curious how people are liking them as a daily driver."

They are a smooth quite ride, my new commute to work is all windy back roads and they hold the pavement well.

"Seeing a lot of comments that they catch a lot of rocks"

Your first 15k miles yes they grab everything, You will need Mud-Flaps!!!

My 2DR Black Diamond just turned 20k last month tires have been rotated every 5K and they are holding up very well, I see no reason they will not go 45k - 50k before needing replacement.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I only had mine on the vehicle for 200 miles before I upgraded, but in that time I didn’t notice them pick up anymore rocks than my open country’s do

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After picking up a big rock chip on the passenger door when taking delivery, I quickly ordered a full set of Rok Blokz mudflaps. Best accessory I've bought so far. Grabbers are quiet on the highway. Performed well rock crawling in Colorado. I like them.

Sponsored

EazyCheezy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi,
I have the opportunity to buy BD Steelie take offs for $1,000 tires have 0 miles. I really wanted the wheels only but seller won't split it up. I've read mixed reviews on the grabbers. I'm in the northeast, pavement driving 90% of the time and on the beach a few times. Curious how people are liking them as a daily driver. Seeing alot of comments that they catch alot of rocks, wondering if thats as big an issue on pavement
I got rid of my Grabbers at 13k miles. They were fine, but I found them to be very under-performant on pavement. They often vibrated strangely and made an almost slapping sound. They absolutely dogged through any kind of road water, picked up/held rocks easy, and were awful at ejecting mud. I really think there’s far better options out there if you’re patient enough.

I switched to Cooper AT3 XLTs and they’ve been far superior at all the above mentioned issues. They still pick up rocks but only occasionally. Plus, I actually got an increase in fuel economy. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi,
I've had a couple sets of grabbers on a few vehicles, in fact, my gx460 is running a set of black diamond grabber take offs. They are a great all terrain tire, which means they're fine as long as you aren't dealing with mud. they can work in mud but you just have to zing the hell out of them to clear the treads. Bonus points is they're snowflake rated (unlike the goodyears that come with the sasquatch package) and seem to be good with holding balance as long as they're rotated regularly.

That said I think the market for a set of take off steelies with those tires is closer to $600, but you're still money ahead at that price compared to buying new.

OP
OP
RADRide

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had a couple sets of grabbers on a few vehicles, in fact, my gx460 is running a set of black diamond grabber take offs. They are a great all terrain tire, which means they're fine as long as you aren't dealing with mud. they can work in mud but you just have to zing the hell out of them to clear the treads. Bonus points is they're snowflake rated (unlike the goodyears that come with the sasquatch package) and seem to be good with holding balance as long as they're rotated regularly.

That said I think the market for a set of take off steelies with those tires is closer to $600, but you're still money ahead at that price compared to buying new.
Thanks, seems like in y neck of the woods they are few and far between so they go for a bit higher

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My grabbers were almost as good daily driver tires as the stock OBX tires. The Black Diamond steelies and grabbers are not as thrifty for gas mileage, but overall, I never disliked them for daily duty... Including long 6h drives to and from Corpus Christi/San Angelo at speeds up to about 85 MPH.

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have nearly 20,000 miles on and have no problems with them. Low road noise.

Sponsored

ecasazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Avalon, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi,
I
Hi,
I have a set of Steelies no tires. I'm in NJ make me an offer.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, can't imagine negative comments. These are fantastic tires. I WILL rebuy them once worn out.

I'm mostly a road dog, 15k now, YES, they pick up rocks (our streets were redone in our hood all summer, what a freakin' mess...) but what good tire doesn't? They hold air well, are quiet, very nice on the road, can't understand comments otherwise.....maybe best tires I've ever owned?

OP
OP
RADRide

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow, can't imagine negative comments. These are fantastic tires. I WILL rebuy them once worn out.

I'm mostly a road dog, 15k now, YES, they pick up rocks (our streets were redone in our hood all summer, what a freakin' mess...) but what good tire doesn't? They hold air well, are quiet, very nice on the road, can't understand comments otherwise.....maybe best tires I've ever owned?
Wow ok good to know, everyone has a different experience I guess

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

22k on my Grabbers (have ‘em on my ‘97 Tracker, too) and they’ve been nothing but fantastic

Taken them through soft fine sand in Saline Valley and nearby areas, been through 30” of water and many mudpits with them in the Ozark National Forest, over rocks in Moab, through over a foot of fresh snow as well as packed snow in Colorado - they handle it all, but aren’t the best in the mud as others have mentioned

Upcoming Colorado trip will see a lot more dirt/gravel, sand, and rocks

As far as daily driving is concerned, 0 complaints from me. Minimal road noise and very little if any slippage. If you want to be picky, you could complain about them picking up gravel, but it’s not anywhere near as bad as the Sasquatch Goodyears

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with them

Last edited:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We had our Grabbers for 8K miles before we upsized, and they were totally fine on- and off-road for us. Probably would have gone with the same tire if they made a 285/75-17. My nephew put our take-offs on his 4Runner, and he hasn’t had any complaints, either.
Sponsored