Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2-door Black Diamond spec with 2.7 was just under $40k, until I decided to go ahead with the factory tow package. Something about keeping my Bronco under $40k just seemed right to me and even the tow package seemed like splurging.

Well, add the new $1,595.00 up charge for the automatic, and I'm out at that point.

Started looking at a Base today and am pleasantly surprised that I can spec one similarly to the Black Diamond I wanted for over $7k less!

I realize Black Diamond comes standard with some nicer equipment, locker, gearing, MGV, washout floor, etc.

However, I have a sincere question... What would I be missing out on that is worth $7k?

I think I could be content with the Base, but would appreciate some input from the Bronco experts here.

Thanks,

Blue Black Diamond/(May need to change name to Blue Base)
I'm in the same boat. Before the price change, I was considering BD and BL builds. Now, I'm reconsidering all options. For $40K, I can get a base SAS with aux switches and HD front bumper. I can live with the plastic rear bumper and will be able get some cool Wet Okole seat covers and have all the off-road tech but the Stabilizer Bar Disconnect. Hopefully, Ford will stop the price increases before they price me out of the Bronco marketplace.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue Bronco

Blue Bronco

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boots
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For those of us in Base camp, planning to add larger tires after taking delivery......what is the general consensus regarding a mild lift (perhaps just "leveling")?

My plan would be an inch or so of front suspension lift via new coil-overs/top mounts to level the stance.....then go with all-terrain 265/75-16 tires.
This type of setup could be nice, I think Bilstein may have similar: https://www.gorancho.com/products/leveling-systems/quicklift-loaded-leveling-system/

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I could be content with the Base, but would appreciate some input from the Bronco experts here.

Blue Black Diamond/(May need to change name to Blue Base)
I think most of us could be content with a Base. It has the base capability needed to go off road and to be a daily driver. It also leaves a lot of room in your budget to customize it later for the way you end up using it.

Everything offered can be added later for a price and the good thing is that you will find used and discounted parts and accessories that will make it "your" Bronco. I'm focusing on the options that I want on day one and leaving other things for a later time. I plan on keeping this vehicle for 10+ years so I am in no hurry to get it perfect off the lot. It will be a work in progress probably for the life of the vehicle...

OP
OP
Blue Bronco

Blue Bronco

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boots
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Still a capable vehicle and the stuff you mentioned are just wants. Drove a base YJ and JK for years, offroading and rock crawling and the like, and no issues.
Nice! I had a base YJ too, which handled the off-roading I did just fine as well.
Sponsored