First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2-door Black Diamond spec with 2.7 was just under $40k, until I decided to go ahead with the factory tow package. Something about keeping my Bronco under $40k just seemed right to me and even the tow package seemed like splurging.

Well, add the new $1,595.00 up charge for the automatic, and I'm out at that point.

Started looking at a Base today and am pleasantly surprised that I can spec one similarly to the Black Diamond I wanted for over $7k less!

I realize Black Diamond comes standard with some nicer equipment, locker, gearing, MGV, washout floor, etc.

However, I have a sincere question... What would I be missing out on that is worth $7k?

I think I could be content with the Base, but would appreciate some input from the Bronco experts here.

Thanks,

Blue Black Diamond/(May need to change name to Blue Base)
Make a list of what you're not getting with the Base and see if you can live without it. If you don't need all the tech that the other models offer than no you're not missing anything.

I started with a BL and then found more value (for me) with the Base SAS. As long as they don't have any more crazy price increases this will be my build which I feel is still a good value for what your getting. I also contemplated just a Base and change out the tires and wheel but then I'll need a lift and I'm getting close to the SAS price.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And when you go to the BB, to get the advanced trans, you have to add the squatch and then you're priced at the BD price.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Staying with the non-sas BD, 2.3 Auto w/advanced 4X4, Mid package W/connected Nav, tow package, 4.46 gearing, HD bumpers and bash plates, Best interior, rock rails, aux switches, and so on, and the best part is it comes in at 40K with my D-plan pricing. (y)

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am really considering going Base. BD was my choice but with Sas WT is cheaper and I never wanted to go that high for something I wanted ad did not need. This is a toy, a hunting vehicle and its not worth it to me to go all the way to WT. I may go BD without Sas but won't know that until the final B&P is done. They had a really near perfect price structure an they screwed it. Only the OBX was out of joint and all they had to do was lower it $800 and it was set. Now the whole thing makes no sense. O well.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the base is a damn good deal. For me I plan on keeping this rig for a helluva long time and I just can’t go with less options than my ‘17 tacoma. If I were to do that I might had well keep my truck. But if you can live without some of the “luxury” options go with base camp..

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having a tough time keeping all the builds straight, but I thought I did a Base 2.7 Squatch , switches, hard top insulation and it came in at 41500, which may drop $1600 according to Levine because the auto trans gets added in twice in the current b&p. (39,900) (If I'm being forced into an auto, I'll go ahead and opt for the 2.7 also, just my way of dealing with it)

Anyways, BaseSquatch2.7 and a few options is a good deal still. Base anything is a good deal.

For just a minute, start a 2door Base build ....add NOTHING, scroll down to the final price, $29,995 ....it is tempting!!!! Especially considering the odds are pretty good 33's would fit right on!
Manual, 4.46gears, easy 33's! LOL

I don't like that the V6 comes with 3.73's though, unless Squatched.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the BD is the sweet spot for me in value for what it can do and what you get. I would consider base more, but honestly, I want the added safety features omitted from the base model. Getting older, I can use all the help I can get. lol.

I am still in the camp all Bronco trims are nice. Safety stuff tips the scale for me in the end.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest buzz kill on the whole thing is no MID Manual. If I can't do that, there is almost no reason to jump up trim levels with that 5k penalty for the jump outta Base.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those of us in Base camp, planning to add larger tires after taking delivery......what is the general consensus regarding a mild lift (perhaps just "leveling")?

My plan would be an inch or so of front suspension lift via new coil-overs/top mounts to level the stance.....then go with all-terrain 265/75-16 tires.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those of us in Base camp, planning to add larger tires after taking delivery......what is the general consensus regarding a mild lift (perhaps just "leveling")?

My plan would be an inch or so of front suspension lift via new coil-overs/top mounts to level the stance.....then go with all-terrain 265/75-16 tires.
planning to do something very similar. With that tire size and lift, I would consider it minimal enough where you won’t notice any different drive behaviors but will sharpen the base up nicely

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably leveling pucks in front (no bigger than 1"). Tires either 265/75-16 or 235/85-16. Unless I can find 5 take-offs from a Black Diamond! I'm just waiting for wheels to hit the market, which they should by the time I get my Bronco.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2-door Black Diamond spec with 2.7 was just under $40k, until I decided to go ahead with the factory tow package. Something about keeping my Bronco under $40k just seemed right to me and even the tow package seemed like splurging.

Well, add the new $1,595.00 up charge for the automatic, and I'm out at that point.

Started looking at a Base today and am pleasantly surprised that I can spec one similarly to the Black Diamond I wanted for over $7k less!

I realize Black Diamond comes standard with some nicer equipment, locker, gearing, MGV, washout floor, etc.

However, I have a sincere question... What would I be missing out on that is worth $7k?

I think I could be content with the Base, but would appreciate some input from the Bronco experts here.

Thanks,

Still a capable vehicle and the stuff you mentioned are just wants. Drove a base YJ and JK for years, offroading and rock crawling and the like, and no issues.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably leveling pucks in front (no bigger than 1"). Tires either 265/75-16 or 235/85-16. Unless I can find 5 take-offs from a Black Diamond! I'm just waiting for wheels to hit the market, which they should by the time I get my Bronco.
i will have 5 sas wheels /tire for sale right after pickup stay tuned.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks,

CHANGE YOUR NAME! CHANGE YOUR NAME! Haha all jokes aside, $7k for the locker and MGV/washout floors is cheaper than if you went with those things after market (not talking some cheap cover but actual upholstery) I would say local prices near me is $6k or more just for the 4 seats upholstered to MGV. This is what swayed me to BD because having the easy clean seats will pay for itself in time spend not worrying about nasty wet cloth seats and carpet.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks,

I just posted something just like this. $7,000 for all the extras is a bargain...

Auto 4x4
2 more GOAT Modes
Trailer package
MGV seats
Wash-out floors
Bigger tires/wheels (love the steelies on both models)
Locking rear Diff
Steel rear bumper
Mid package (some stuff we don't need, but adds some nice value/features)

Seems like a no-brainer, right? Forget the Base. All-in for Black Diamond.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/base-v-black-diamond-build.10498/
Sponsored