G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boots
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My 2-door Black Diamond spec with 2.7 was just under $40k, until I decided to go ahead with the factory tow package. Something about keeping my Bronco under $40k just seemed right to me and even the tow package seemed like splurging.

Well, add the new $1,595.00 up charge for the automatic, and I'm out at that point.

Started looking at a Base today and am pleasantly surprised that I can spec one similarly to the Black Diamond I wanted for over $7k less!

I realize Black Diamond comes standard with some nicer equipment, locker, gearing, MGV, washout floor, etc.

However, I have a sincere question... What would I be missing out on that is worth $7k?

I think I could be content with the Base, but would appreciate some input from the Bronco experts here.

Thanks,

Blue Black Diamond/(May need to change name to Blue Base)
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2-door Black Diamond spec with 2.7 was just under $40k, until I decided to go ahead with the factory tow package. Something about keeping my Bronco under $40k just seemed right to me and even the tow package seemed like splurging.

Well, add the new $1,595.00 up charge for the automatic, and I'm out at that point.

Started looking at a Base today and am pleasantly surprised that I can spec one similarly to the Black Diamond I wanted for over $7k less!

I realize Black Diamond comes standard with some nicer equipment, locker, gearing, MGV, washout floor, etc.

However, I have a sincere question... What would I be missing out on that is worth $7k?

I think I could be content with the Base, but would appreciate some input from the Bronco experts here.

Thanks,

Advanced auto

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base

Thanks,

Base Base is a good deal. If you wont miss the lockers, and washout then hell yeah. Go base base.

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only you know if you'll be content not getting all the stuff you know you can't get with the base.....

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base Base is a good deal. If you wont miss the lockers, and washout then hell yeah. Go base base.
I thought you could get lockers? Maybe only with squatch....?

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base blacked out grill is the best imo ... if only one could add black steelies and a shadow black top to an all black base model .... ?

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Allegedly the 8900 or whatever tag on the sq is wrong. If true should still be able to come in under BD. Not sure with 2.7 or AT though as i have not priced either of those. MT for life club.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in a similar dilemma as OP. Advanced auto w/o sas is the most compelling reason for me to stick with BD. I'm also a bigger fan of the color options on BD.

I'm also reconsidering 2.7 Auto vs. 2.3 manual now that the pricing has changed a little. A manual BD would be pretty cool, and B&P still lets me add the advanced transfer case...

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m going in the exact opposite direction. I need a rear locker but probably don’t need the front locker or sway bar disconnect on the badlands. I just started looking into the Black Diamond today and I’m liking it so far.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d miss the mid package. With the 2 door being so small, it’s really gonna suck backing out of a parking space when you are between an f150 and a suburban. The reverse sensors and cross traffic alert will be nice for that.

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Welcome to Base world, extreme value, limited options! If MGV isn't important to you but locker is, check out Big Bend. If neither is too important Base it is!

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Black Diamond has the front steel bumper, upgraded bash plates, and steel rear bumper as standard. Also the auxiliary switches. The rear steel bumper is not available at all on the base.
Sponsored