Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it's imaginative and funny! I have no idea what I'll use those switches for...

BTW, do you have to get a second battery to use the switches? I was just thinking that depending on what you hook up, it could be a big drain. Then again, I know next to nothing about all of this. Thanks!
Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's how I'm using Aux 6: https://www.boomblasters.com/product/horse-sounds-car-horn/

Very easy install, there is even a bracket on the front of the battery that serves as a great mounting point.
I simply zip tied it on there, ran the red wire to the battery, black wire to a negative terminal on the body, and the yellow actuation wire to the yellow/orange aux 6 wire. Now everytime I toggle the switch, unsuspecting wranglers get this (Sorry for the shaky video):

Ford Bronco Boom Blaster Horn Installed! This Bronco Sounds Like a Bronco 1629202887225

Ford Bronco Boom Blaster Horn Installed! This Bronco Sounds Like a Bronco 1629202887225

Yesssssss! Ahahaha I need this. @Ford you put this in my Bronco free of charge. All is forgiven

Sponsored

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent mod. 25 point enhancement to the Bronco. I'll be adding this to mine. Well done.

And to those who say its garbage... Tesla put a fart noise in Americas best selling luxury car. You might be on the wrong side of this argument.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’d love advice on how to do it better, any feedback?
You REALLY need a heat-shrink ring terminal, some dielectric grease, and a fuse coming off the post. Just wrapping a wire around the terminal is going to be corrosion city: which will cause extra resistance, which will cause excess heat, and eventually a fire. Also, it doesn't really seem like you tried very hard to route the wiring in a way to prevent rubbing. Again, risk of fire on a light-gauge, unprotected circuit.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You REALLY need a heat-shrink ring terminal, some dielectric grease, and a fuse coming off the post. Just wrapping a wire around the terminal is going to be corrosion city: which will cause extra resistance, which will cause excess heat, and eventually a fire. Also, it doesn't really seem like you tried very hard to route the wiring in a way to prevent rubbing. Again, risk of fire on a light-gauge, unprotected circuit.
Or better yet let Ford install for only 750,000 Ford reward pass points.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is exactly the type of help and advice Im looking for, thank you! Helping each other out is what makes this forum a great resource.

I already had this kit on order, but it has not arrived yet. I totally agree with switching to the ring terminal and I will add the grease as you suggest, thanks for adding that.
Ford Bronco Boom Blaster Horn Installed! This Bronco Sounds Like a Bronco 1629208608236

Do you have any suggestions on an fuse to put off the post? Im not familiar with those. If you happen to know of one on amazon, I will order it right away.

I will also see where I can secure the wire, I agree I would not want that rubbing.

Thanks again for the constructive feedback.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is exactly the type of help and advice Im looking for, thank you! Helping each other out is what makes this forum a great resource.

I already had this kit on order, but it has not arrived yet. I totally agree with switching to the ring terminal and I will add the grease as you suggest, thanks for adding that.
Ford Bronco Boom Blaster Horn Installed! This Bronco Sounds Like a Bronco 1629208608236

Do you have any suggestions on an fuse to put off the post? Im not familiar with those. If you happen to know of one on amazon, I will order it right away.

I will also see where I can secure the wire, I agree I would not want that rubbing.

Thanks again for the constructive feedback.
Just a simple weather-proof in-line fuse holder will do the trick. Just make sure to swap out the fuse for something correctly rated for the circuit. The included 30A fuses would still be smoky. Splice in with heat-shrink butt connectors.

https://www.amazon.com/MCIGICM-Inli...t=&hvlocphy=9009728&hvtargid=pla-902657587165
Sponsored

Last edited: