Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2015 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So on my BaseSquatch it seems like every time I approach, it makes a sound similar to locking the doors with the key fob. Now I know there's some kind of intelligent access on the higher trims, but I don't think Base has it (I know the doors aren't unlocked when I get there). Has anyone else noticed this, and would they have an idea what the Bronco is doing?
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If I approach a Bronco it's more of a baseball-card-in-the-spokes "fap fap fap".

Probably because we're approaching 850 days without a VIN...... As always, YMMV.

Prerunnit81

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine does this all the time. I’ll be working in the garage and it will start clicking by itself. Then 20 min later again. Weird

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same here. There were a couple other threads on this. Basically they said it’s normal and something to do with all the computer modules in them.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"SkyNet".... becoming self aware........

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So on my BaseSquatch it seems like every time I approach, it makes a sound similar to locking the doors with the key fob. Now I know there's some kind of intelligent access on the higher trims, but I don't think Base has it (I know the doors aren't unlocked when I get there). Has anyone else noticed this, and would they have an idea what the Bronco is doing?
It can still sense the fob is near. Once it does, the vehicle will do multiple things to “get ready” to be started/driven because it assumes that’s why the fob is coming within range. I’m not sure what all the noises are, but it will do certain things like priming the fuel pump, turning some relays on which is some of the clicking noise you’ll hear and will even actuate the throttle body which is probably the loudest noise.
It’ll usually only do all of this after a cold soak, but some things will still happen even after it was just driven.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine also has lots of relays clicking, especially when I approach the driver's side door. I guess it's just getting excited to be driven.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hear this sometimes if it's in the driveway and my key is in the garage like when I'm washing it or something, I just figured it was close enough to register it /shrug

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear this sometimes if it's in the driveway and my key is in the garage like when I'm washing it or something, I just figured it was close enough to register it /shrug
If you're washing it, it's likely the door lock buttons on the outside getting triggered. Mine does this too whenever I wash the swing gate or the front doors.
Sponsored