MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah the Bronco colors are boring as hell. That really sucks cos it’s supposed to be a fun car. The only reason people get excited about particular ones is cos they know all the other ones suck in comparison. I think Holden / HSV had more exciting colors 15-20 years ago.

1679277422531.jpeg
A friend had this on a Dodge Dakota, the color was called Amber Fire Pearl, that thing was ugly, but I think a may have looked worse in that pea green.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it seems to me we're in a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. If the dealers are only ordering broncos in Gray and Area 51... then that's automatically going to be the most "popular" paint
This has been the EXACT argument of the manual trans fans for years now.
Dealers would only order what sold fastest, people would only buy what was immediately available.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Got some data to back that up? This was a recent outing put on by the local FB group, and ours wasn’t there…

5CD2F536-54E2-4446-9C22-CDCA970142B9.jpeg
78223D8B-8768-471D-AD26-B7E655AD2E52.jpeg

A few things on this (persumably 2021) graph:

- Many of the colors shown don’t line up with the text, so who knows how accurate these percentages are…

- Why is Eruption Green listed? It wasn't available for '21, and now that it is available, it's proven to be very popular.

- Cyber Orange and another color (Rapid Red, maybe?) weren't available on Base or BB in '21, and Lightning Blue could only be had on FE's. These colors likely would have had higher take rates if allowed on all trims.

- Cactus and A51 were the big thing a few years ago, but everybody has similar colors now, and I doubt they’re as highly sought after now as they were in 20-21. And they certainly don't need to offer A51 and Azure at the same time, especially at the expense of dropping any shade of yellow or orange from the lineup (Heritage and Raptor notwithstanding, but those are both very limited production).

- Dealer stock vehicles are overwhelmingly black/white/silver/gray, so they have an unfair advantage in being picked. Are these colors REALLY desired by so many buyers? Or is it a matter of, “Well, that’s what they had on the lot, so I got it”?

- If there’s one thing that’s certain, it’s that most people are boring… 😜
This is from the '23 schedule chart, might be a little more up to date for color choices:

Bumped -

Ford Bronco Boring paint options? Screenshot_20230319-224140

Non-bumped -

Ford Bronco Boring paint options? Screenshot_20230319-224546

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Color is very individualistic. I love Cactus Gray, but felt it needed a little more color. Adding the Ford Retro Stripes and power coating a few things really changed the look. Couldn't be happier.

broncodozer (1).jpeg

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is from the '23 schedule chart, might be a little more up to date for color choices:

Bumped -

Ford Bronco Boring paint options? broncodozer (1)

Non-bumped -

Very interesting. Definitely begs the question, "WHY do they still sell Iconic Silver?!" And Azure can fill A51's slot, so they could add something fun!

Sometimes the boring colors provide the best option to add your own mark.
Color is very individualistic. I love Cactus Gray, but felt it needed a little more color. Adding the Ford Retro Stripes and power coating a few things really changed the look. Couldn't be happier.

You guys have proven that a little splash of color does wonders for Cactus Gray! 😎

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sadly, Ford like all other vehicle manufactures provide colours that the public want. Drive down any road and you will quickly see the most popular colours are grey/silver, black and white. Boring to the tenth degree...

Now I Go Bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay, allow me to clarify: The main topic of "boring paint options?" is Ford's boring paint options, but there's is plenty of room here to discuss other aspects of dealer-ordered Broncos if you wish. No need to get triggered by a few harmless jabs at your 4-door.
Similar to the backseat cup holders, the triggered option is only available in the 6G Bronco II.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Was browsing my local Ford dealers websites and noticed some good news, but also some bad news. The good news is the Broncos are finally coming! The bad news is.... it's an unrelenting sea of ocean blues and cloudy grays. While I love Area 51 and the new Azure color is nice too, I just think A51 is kind of played out. Of 24 in-transit Broncos within a 100-mile range of me, there' s only 1 race red and 2 shadow blacks. And if that wasn't bad enough, there isn't a SINGLE real 2-door Bronco.

I know Ford will have zero problems selling each and every one of these, but for such a cool vehicle it just seems like such a shame that there isn't a more robust and exciting range of colors to choose from. I can't help but be a little jealous of all the fun colors that Dodges offers for their Jeeps and Challengers.

Does anyone else feel the way I do? Or are you happy with the current paint options?

Whatever you do, don't use the search function and uncover the years of threads about Ford's horrific color pallet for the Bronco. You might find answers.

They mailed this one in from the urinal of the Paints & Material teams unisex bathroom.

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is it’s half demand and half a sales tactic. For example, Cyber orange was a fun color — the launch color no less — but nobody ordered it so it got dropped.
🤷‍♂️I ordered it 2x, but they didn't build my order in time and I like HPR in bright light but when overcast it's just a little too brown for my taste, so I ended up with Velocity Blue. I'd have liked to have Code Orange as an option on the plebian Broncos. However, I'd much rather have seen something like Sunset Orange from the Escape or Nissan's Sunset Drift Chromaflair. I've seen more Cyber Orange bronco's driving around Central NC than I have white or black, but Eruption Green and A51 are by far the most common colors to see.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Whatever you do, don't use the search function and uncover the years of threads about Ford's horrific color pallet for the Bronco. You might find answers.

They mailed this one in from the urinal of the Paints & Material teams unisex bathroom.
Yes, especially the ones with comments, predictions, and musings from Rick himself. 🙄

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2 cents…. Whatever color or however many doors it has. We ALL chose the B6G Broncos because they are ALL in their own A BadAss vehicle that for some , can only dream about. I like em All. I chose mine when other colors came and went. But Love it out of All New vehicles I’ve ever owned. We as a group kinda family. Be well good friends. Have a Blessed day. And Bronco on. Oh and Yes. I like Blue. Lol
Ford Bronco Boring paint options? 6FA33E39-D490-4971-9661-4151B316C2CF

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bumped -

Non-bumped -

How can people be so bad at labeling a pie chart? They must suck at their jobs.
Sponsored