Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought the 6 ton Safe Jack starter kit. It came with the bottle jack, 3 inch extension, flat top, and curved axle cradle. I wanted to just try it out today. There was no problem lifting the back tire at the axle. Then I tried to lift the front tire using the 3 inch extension and the flat top. Came to about a half inch below the frame. I positioned it at the front Jack point where the arrow is on the frame. I pumped the bottle jack to it's limit and the front tire didn't come off the ground. I think it was close, but the jack just didn't extend enough to overcome the tire droop. There isn't room to use a longer extension. Do I need to use the bottle jack at a different front location? If so, where?
Sponsored

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i just used my Husky 3 Ton floor jack to rotate all my tires, had no problems with lift. the bottle jack might not be giving enough lift.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@broncorik has bought the Saf-T-Jack. Maybe he can help from his experience.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Under the control arm
Front control arms are aluminum and are explicitly advised against lifting or jacking on them. But I’ve done it a bunch so yeah.

The Bronco just sits high with a lot of suspension drop. Longer spacer or taller jack might be needed.

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I noticed it was an issue when I swapped my wheels. The safejack had juuuuuust enough clearance to get the OEM wheel off in my garage, but the new wheel needed another 1/2” or so. I wound up using another floor jack to lift the control arm a touch (against all Ford warnings). To make the safejack work, I think you’ve got to get that screw on the top of the piston just the perfect amount exposed before adding the extension and flat top. If you don’t scrape along the frame getting the jack in place, screw it out a touch more and try again.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep a chunk of 4x6 or 6x6 wood around to get the extra needed.

Front control arms are aluminum and are explicitly advised against lifting or jacking on them. But I’ve done it a bunch so yeah.

The Bronco just sits high with a lot of suspension drop. Longer spacer or taller jack might be needed.
How about ramming them into and up a stump? Probably not recommended either.

277940182_3426274284358076_3869412594765321245_n.jpg

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Love how the lowest front suspension part (A-arm) on a “off road” designed vehicle is made of weak aluminum that should not be used to lift a tire...Ford tough my ass...

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bottle jack won't lift front tires? 277940182_3426274284358076_3869412594765321245_n
How on earth did you do that!!!???? Having a slow day on the trail and thought... Did you save your drink? LOL

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How on earth did you do that!!!???? Having a slow day on the trail and thought... Did you save your drink? LOL
I just zoned out I guess. And of course it was approximately 2 seconds after raving to my wife about how great the front camera was for seeing everything.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Much better to have a jack that is a little short (but will easily fit under the vehicle when the tire is flat & terrain is uneven), then too tall and you can’t get it under the vehicle. Use a rock or block of wood as a spacer, or move the vehicle a few feet to a better location.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just zoned out I guess. And of course it was approximately 2 seconds after raving to my wife about how great the front camera was for seeing everything.
Heck, then that's what did it!!! You can "NEVER BRAG" how good something is to the wife (unless it's her). Women have long history of training n experience to pop our bubbles. LOL

Her fault!!!

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love how the lowest front suspension part (A-arm) on a “off road” designed vehicle is made of weak aluminum that should not be used to lift a tire...Ford tough my ass...
It not weak. The front a-arm is just not a secure location to lift from. Not safe.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bottle jack won't lift front tires? 277940182_3426274284358076_3869412594765321245_n
That is what I like to see someone setting a good example for the rest of us. Always use jack stands when working under your vehicle.
Sponsored