Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

buy a decent tire repair kit (tons of off-roady ones out there) and use your compressor (you need one anyway.) I have fixed more flats then ever change them. I carry a few pry tools that can reset beads as well. There is also a company that has sidewall patch kit (haven't tried yet) just to get you back to civilization

https://www.rhinousainc.com/collections/recovery-gear/products/56-piece-tire-repair-kit

https://www.gluetread.com/collections/store/products/4x4-kit

echo the bottle jack and wood people from experience. Although I may try one of these new King Shocks screw jacks and weld on recovery points at the bumper corners($$$ tho!) https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/king-...AXmGLQKVf82TLRcZqKymXnQ-0lEpnef0aAp5eEALw_wcB

have a plan A, B, C and a plan that works. Hi-lifts can work but can be very dangerous. most mounted ones rust out and wont work well when you need it because they are constantly exposed. Don't forget many times you can drive up on a rock or over a ditch and get most of the clearance you need to remove a wheel too.
Sponsored

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will not try and sell you a Pro Eagle. It is an investment for sure. But then they ALL are so chose a company that will support you AFTER they take your money.
We worked with Aiden James Customs on this gear plate for the Bronco. They offer one for the 2D and 4D and it allows for the Pro Eagle to be mounted in multiple positions and for lots of other products to be bolted down.
To answer one question I have seen on here and ALL other forums, get a jack capable of lifting the part of the vehicle you are lifting. That is all you need! Just because your total vehicle weight is 5000 LBS does not mean you need a jack that will lift 5000 lbs. There will likely never be a opportunity to lift the entire vehicle at once. If you don't believe me, just take a look at your tires. Your tire on one corner of your vehicle is most likely rated at around 2000 LBS. So if your tire that you trust to hold up your 5000 lb vehicle is only rated at 2000 lbs, why then do you insist your jack must be able to lift 5000 lbs or more.
Lastly, please please please do not use a farm jack unless you have no other choice.

Bronco2.JPG

Bronco.JPG
So how well does a floor jack work on uneven rocky terrain? I've been in many situations where the amount of level ground is very limited, and a floor jack wouldn't be fully supported. Also, doesn't the fact that the jack has wheels present the possibility of the jack wandering?

Not criticizing, just trying to understand. FWIW, I currently carry a HMMWV jack in my gen 1 Bronco. I do also have a Hi Lift which while it has its limitations for safely lifting a vehicle, it can also be used as a come-along.

Herb

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have already used the factory jack on the trail. It worked fine. Iā€™m sure all of these other options are faster, but itā€™s not like you use them all that often, so Iā€™d rather not give up any cargo space just to save myself a few minutes on the off chance that Iā€™ll even need it.

I used to carry a hi-lift. I liked it because it also works as a come along. I get that you can f**k yourself up pretty good with them if you donā€™t know what youā€™re doing, but never really considered them all that dangerous, it just takes some common sense.

Those balloon jack things look pretty cool. Not sure if Iā€™d want to put all that back pressure on my exhaust, but I carry a small compressor anyway. Anyone use one? Iā€™m curious about durability and portability.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

buy a decent tire repair kit (tons of off-roady ones out there) and use your compressor (you need one anyway.) I have fixed more flats then ever change them. I carry a few pry tools that can reset beads as well. There is also a company that has sidewall patch kit (haven't tried yet) just to get you back to civilization

https://www.rhinousainc.com/collections/recovery-gear/products/56-piece-tire-repair-kit

https://www.gluetread.com/collections/store/products/4x4-kit

echo the bottle jack and wood people from experience. Although I may try one of these new King Shocks screw jacks and weld on recovery points at the bumper corners($$$ tho!) https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/king-shocks-screw-jack-sj1001/_/R-FBJG-SJ1001?ppcfon=1&gp=1&ecmp=s:google_1751570118_77005495868__pla-694255154293&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SC Shopping - Remnant&gclid=Cj0KCQiAybaRBhDtARIsAIEG3knoTHoZFJosbmQKWb3qpKmAXmGLQKVf82TLRcZqKymXnQ-0lEpnef0aAp5eEALw_wcB

have a plan A, B, C and a plan that works. Hi-lifts can work but can be very dangerous. most mounted ones rust out and wont work well when you need it because they are constantly exposed. Don't forget many times you can drive up on a rock or over a ditch and get most of the clearance you need to remove a wheel too.
Did I see the price of that King screw jack correctly? Almost 1k?
Can I ā€borrowā€ some money?

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I see the price of that King screw jack correctly? Almost 1k?
Can I ā€borrowā€ some money?
Yeah they (King jack) are pricey- falls under toy category for me but maybe? I'm a sucker when I find a 20% off deal and impulse buy.

I'd stay away from the exhaust jacks with the exception of use on dunes or beaches. We have used those things at work (Fire Dept.) for years off compressed air. They tend to be unstable and puncture prone. We mostly use stabilization jacks and wood blocks now. The ones I have seen have a large footprint too come in a big round bag. I tried one on a trail once with someone that had one and definitely not ideal. They would take forever to work on an ARB compressor, they need volume and the ARB ones do better at pressure.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah they (King jack) are pricey- falls under toy category for me but maybe? I'm a sucker when I find a 20% off deal and impulse buy.

I'd stay away from the exhaust jacks with the exception of use on dunes or beaches. We have used those things at work (Fire Dept.) for years off compressed air. They tend to be unstable and puncture prone. We mostly use stabilization jacks and wood blocks now. The ones I have seen have a large footprint too come in a big round bag. I tried one on a trail once with someone that had one and definitely not ideal. They would take forever to work on an ARB compressor, they need volume and the ARB ones do better at pressure.
Yeah, from the look of it, it doesnā€™t give me much confidence.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So how well does a floor jack work on uneven rocky terrain? I've been in many situations where the amount of level ground is very limited, and a floor jack wouldn't be fully supported. Also, doesn't the fact that the jack has wheels present the possibility of the jack wandering?

Not criticizing, just trying to understand. FWIW, I currently carry a HMMWV jack in my gen 1 Bronco. I do also have a Hi Lift which while it has its limitations for safely lifting a vehicle, it can also be used as a come-along.

Herb
I was wondering this too...at trails like Moab on slickrock, seems like it would roll away, or worse tip over completely šŸ¤”

Or in the mud or snow? What a fiasco having all the mechanism down in the slop? No thanks!

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went this solution from bayareametalfab- whole thing is removable when want back into family mode
FA75012C-7969-41C6-A759-81450166211F.jpeg
Awesome setup...I am limited in what I can put in the cargo space because my dogs go wheeling with me so I had to opt for max space.

Last edited:

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went this solution from bayareametalfab- whole thing is removable when want back into family mode
FA75012C-7969-41C6-A759-81450166211F.jpeg
This looks amazing.

2 questions:

Was this a custom setup? I donā€™t see the platforms on their website.

How did you get a pineapple pizza patch and where can I get one?

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zero usable space under passenger or driver seat. The cargo area has two indented spaces for storage and I use one for my recovery strap and D rings and the other for all the stuff in the Safe Jack kit. It is expensive, but believe me I scoured the internet for alternatives and nothing came close to the price and build quality of the Safe Jack stuff. The extensions are super heavy duty, and would provide enough lift even to do work in the garage that I would need my floor jack and a bunch of wood blocks to get the same height as the Safe Jack extensions. I also have the extra plate on order, that prevents the jack from tipping over...it was expensive, but to have everything I need in one place and to fit it all in the factory locations beats having a hi-lift sticking up someplace or schlepping around a floor jack (with extensions). I wish there was a cheaper way, but too many people report mishaps with those air bag jacks and cheaper versions of other jack combinations. Our Broncos have few if any good lift points for a hi-lift, and hi-lifts earned the name "widow maker" for a reason...I get nervous even walking in the vicinity of one that is supporting anything heavy!
Appreciate this write up. You sold me. Safe Jack should give you commission.

Is this the setup you went with?

https://safejacks.com/collections/b...ack-bottle-jack-recovery-kit-with-bottle-jack

Sponsored

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This looks amazing.

2 questions:

This was the first one made if you call bayareametalfab shop number on website -speak to Jerry he will gladly go over details with you . The patch came from bronco6g did some sort of promotion awhile ago maybe reach out to the moderator.

www.bayareametalfab.com
@ragingbullmarketingrbm

Reactions: Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This looks amazing.

2 questions:

Yeah, B6g did a raffel and a few lucky members got the patches for free. I am not sure if they are selling them. @Administrator are these being offered? Or have any extras for @1979

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands