Sponsored

Floor Jack and Jack Stand Recommendations?

eMan

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Accent
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would use the frame for all stands and lifting/jacking
Perfect. So lift one side then go over to other for stands ?

Sorry all new to me
Sponsored

eMan

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Accent
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
NEVER, EVER, GET UNDER A VEHICLE, WITHOUT JACK STANDS IN PLACE, EVEN WHEN YOU ARE FIRST SETTING THEM UP. That's the first rookie mistake.
Ya good point. Just changing wheels but have ordered 3 tons stands and will have them placed!

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a harbor freight low profile jack currently-worked perfectly fine with my 2006 Mustang GT, 2013 Taurus SHO and my wife's 2017 Escape. I tried to use it with my Bronco a couple months ago and had a near disaster with it-I was trying to jack up the rear end of the car (got a flat on the passenger side rear) and was trying to jack it up using the axle tube-it winded up slipping and jamming in between the axle and sway bar! I just missed hitting the brake lines. I winded up wiggling it out without any damage and jacked under the suspension mount on the rear axle to finally get the wheel off. It didn't help that I was on a slight incline in my driveway and it was wet out too.

I'll be investing in a high lift jack in the future so I don't do that again.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You never get under a vehicle with a floor jack only, you always use quality jack stands.

If what you say is true then why did Snap-On sue Harbor Freight and then settle?

Snap-on, Harbor Freight settle floor jack case

Harbor Freight’s bold, boasting that they sell the same Floor Jack as Snap-On except they’re legally allowed to thanks to a settlement between the two parties.

g31RlJzl.jpg
Just because it's made in the same factory doesn't mean it's made to the same specifications.
For example, steel is probably the same, but seals are easy and cheap to change.

I do agree about the markup chain. More hands in the pie, the more the pie costs.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Project Farm has done tests on both floor jacks and jack stands. Both videos are worth watching.
Sponsored