First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hope your wife doesn't mind a bone jarring ride. Try to keep it on the road and beware of the death wobble.
Sponsored

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A while back we cancelled our Bronco reservation. Basically Iā€™ve decided to wait to see what the Warthog ends up being. However that left us with a Sport S Wrangler that we wanted to upgrade. Back in February we did upgrade by trading it in for a Rubicon in Sarge Green. This is basically my wifeā€™s vehicle (though itā€™s emptying my wallet) and she swears up and down that this is the last car she ever wants. So I decided to spare no expense in making this into a fantastic off roading rig.

Fast forward to last Friday and the Rubicon got the lift is really needed. We added a Metalcloak 3.5ā€ Gamechanger, 37ā€ Falken MT01s, and Fuel Anza wheels. Now itā€™s really looking like a beast.

Next up will be some Metalcload skid plates. :)

51105342197_ae014fd4ed_b.jpg

51105341407_6951a2b3fa_b.jpg
How dear you ? šŸ˜²

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nice rig. (Ignore the Bronco homer naysayers.) You can take it anywhere.

Did you regear for the 37ā€™s?

If you havenā€™t, you should check out Autoedits and Wayalife on steering mods eventually too. Jason on Autoedits has done a lot of metalcloak.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not goinā€™ anywhere. Iā€™m waiting on a Warthog. Or perhaps a Gen3 Raptor.

Nice rig. (Ignore the Bronco homer naysayers.) You can take it anywhere.

Did you regear for the 37ā€™s?

If you havenā€™t, you should check out Autoedits and Wayalife on steering mods eventually too. Jason on Autoedits has done a lot of metalcloak.
I havenā€™t felt the need to regear at this point. We drove it up into the mountains, with no issues, on Saturday. It also got into 8th gear without issue.

Jeep finally got rid of the weak aluminum steering box. The 2021 wranglers now have a steel one. Itā€™s a big improvement but its still not as precise as it should be. The track bar was replaced as part of the MC lift but I suspect the bushings in Jeeps steering system wear out fairly quickly when off roading as much as we tend to. So I suspect weā€™ll be adding other MC steering parts later.

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A while back we cancelled our Bronco reservation. Basically Iā€™ve decided to wait to see what the Warthog ends up being. However that left us with a Sport S Wrangler that we wanted to upgrade. Back in February we did upgrade by trading it in for a Rubicon in Sarge Green. This is basically my wifeā€™s vehicle (though itā€™s emptying my wallet) and she swears up and down that this is the last car she ever wants. So I decided to spare no expense in making this into a fantastic off roading rig.

Fast forward to last Friday and the Rubicon got the lift is really needed. We added a Metalcloak 3.5ā€ Gamechanger, 37ā€ Falken MT01s, and Fuel Anza wheels. Now itā€™s really looking like a beast.

Ford Bronco Bought a Rubicon giphy

She lied to you about "the last car" comment. It is a beautiful vehicle!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Iā€™m not goinā€™ anywhere. Iā€™m waiting on a Warthog. Or perhaps a Gen3 Raptor.

I havenā€™t felt the need to regear at this point. We drove it up into the mountains, with no issues, on Saturday. It also got into 8th gear without issue.

Jeep finally got rid of the weak aluminum steering box. The 2021 wranglers now have a steel one. Itā€™s a big improvement but its still not as precise as it should be. The track bar was replaced as part of the MC lift but I suspect the bushings in Jeeps steering system wear out fairly quickly when off roading as much as we tend to. So I suspect weā€™ll be adding other MC steering parts later.
It's going to get really interesting once the independent off road comparisons start to come out. All we've seen so far are independent fans riding along on desert tracks where the Bronco has a clear advantage.

I've debated long and hard, for half the cash I'd spend on a badlands, I could drop a Hemi in my JKUR, but then it would need axles, etc. I could get a Mojave or Rubicon Gladiator for a little less and actually be able to tow my boat at about 60% of the towing capacity. But I despite two practical choices, I've ordered a Badlands without ever having seen or driven one.

You probably made the smarter move, while Ford gets their shit together / works the kinks out.

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Looks really nice! especially in the sarge green!
Congrats!

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"She swears up and down that this is the last car she ever wants" :ROFLMAO:

Yeah....kinda like the Bronco will be the last vehicle I ever want. She'll want something different a year or two.

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks as about as good as you can make a Wrangler look without getting obnoxious.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice rig. Congrats. Looks like a great, fun, vehicle.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fuel wheels look good on everything.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rubicon in Sarge Green. This is basically my wifeā€™s vehicle (though itā€™s emptying my wallet) and she swears up and down that this is the last car she ever wants. So I decided to spare no expense in making this into a fantastic off roading rig.

Ford Bronco Bought a Rubicon 1618240917149

Ford Bronco Bought a Rubicon 1618240917149
Congrats on the new ride. Yep JEEP, Just Empty Every Pocket ;) Enjoy.
Sponsored