Sponsored

Broken Tie Rod Poll

IF and ONLY IF you’ve broken a tie rod, what were you running?

• Base tires, no Sasquatch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big Bend tires, no Sasquatch

• Black Diamond tires, no Sasquatch

• Badlands, no Sasquatch

• Wildtrack Stock

• Badlands Sasquatch or First Edition (e.g. Sas pls Sway Bar Disco)

• Custom and or lifted on 35s

• Custom and or lifted on 37s

• Something Else

• Total voters

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FirmNaturalAkitainu-max-1mb.gif

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where's the votes? I thought this was a crisis situation? Are the tie rods more reliable than 2.7s?

Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interested in the results. Never seen any breakage yet just rumors of it happening to someone else. I have been running my Bronco on some of the best trails around.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Add up this crisis and 2.7 you can't hit 100..out of over 125k sold..
I believe there was about 65 claiming their 2.7's were trouble free, out of over 125k sold.

OP
OP
gwp

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe there was about 65 claiming their 2.7's were trouble free, out of over 125k sold.
65 ish failures detailed on this forum alone. I suspect there’s lots of people with failed 2.7s that have never heard of bronco6g.com.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
65 ish failures detailed on this forum alone. I suspect there’s lots of people with failed 2.7s that have never heard of bronco6g.com.
Yes, about the same number detailed they had a reliable running 2.7 engine at this point (many were very low miles). If we were to believe the two threads, the failure rate is around 50%. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to keep in mind maybe 3% actually off-road. Maybe 1% of the 3% off-road hard enough to really challenge the tie rods.

Many of the people that have problems with the Bronco make money off them problems. Be it Youtube or they sell a fix. But don't worry even if the haven't had the problem 10 others that was riding with them did or at least thats what they will say.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco6g, facebook, and instagram are scoured for this info. A lot more is covered than what you are saying. I would even give the benefit of the doubt and double that number, triple it, nay quadruple it. Still just a few.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Poll would be better if it was "where you were and what were you doing when you broke your tie rod"

And include:::"turning around in my paved driveway but fell off onto the crabgrass"

And " at speed on interstate which caused me to go off-roading for first time"

If you are driving through mud holes deeper than the rated water fording depth where there are known hidden rocks what do you think will happen, but include that also.

My thoughts on tie rod failure is that the problem lies with the lack of steering stops within the range of the steering rack. The wheels are being pushed and/or pulled farther than the extension geometry of the rack and something has to give. Build or add bump stops in the steering geometry and you eliminate or at least reduce tie rod failure

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the tie rod issue can generally be tied to larger tires. I have only seen one or two SQ Broncos with broken tie rods. Most were 37s with 2 or 3 inches' of lift. It cracks me up when people act like the Bronco is the first vehicle that breaks stuff when you put 37" tires and a lift on. Almost every Jeep (SFA) you see with 35s or larger has all sorts of hardware added to get it to steer and or stay together. My 2006LJ with 2" lift and KO3s trashed the front end in 40K miles. I have wheeled a decent amount and with a lot of Broncos. There have been zero mechanical issues, but I am sure at some point I will, just the way it goes.
Sponsored