Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OK, you'd think Ford would have the rolling out of a new product down by now.... it's confusing - to talk to the local dealer, they have little information or information that is already in the public domain... to talk to the Ford Marketing Dept. is like ground hog day.... anybody else get this vibe?
This launch, and that of the Mach E, are different from anything Ford has done. The extremely large number of Bronco reservations (almost two years of production) caught everyone by surprise.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The good thing is folks will have time to change dealers, within reason.
The MY21 allocations have already been calculated. Switching at this point wouldn't help that particular customer.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your belief would be wrong....this has been beaten to death. Your reservation timestamp only puts you in a line at your dealership. If they get 100 allocated for MY21, and you are number 101 who orders with them, you are not getting one, regardless of how early your timestamp is compared to those at other dealers.
Point of clarification: You'll still get your Bronco... just eventually...

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your belief would be wrong....this has been beaten to death. Your reservation timestamp only puts you in a line at your dealership. If they get 100 allocated for MY21, and you are number 101 who orders with them, you are not getting one, regardless of how early your timestamp is compared to those at other dealers.
Since when? Everything I've read is that your reservation time stamp is the only thing that matters. You can put your order in up till the middle of March with no effect.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Point of clarification: You'll still get your Bronco... just eventually...
That's why I said MY21 earlier...I will clarify. I do also worry thought that Ford will start building stock orders for dealers in MY22 before they fill the reservations, as they backed off the commitment not to and only refer to MY21 as building reservations before stock now.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other nice thing is my dealer has promised to work through any late availability items if one wants to make sure they get a MY21.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This. This. This. Why is this still so hard to understand for many people.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got an email from my Zone manager with our allocation, I'm hoping its very wrong, but if its not we only got enough allocation to fill our 7/14 and 7/15 orders. I'm hoping its an error, but things could be about to get ugly.
As in for MY21?

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So if someone is in that 101th spot in your example, but they have a very basic build with no parts constraints, and all the 100 before them have a late availability option or something with a parts constraint, would that 101th be able to get one?
Or would they not even be able to place an order because of their time stamp?

Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, it seems that each dealer is allowed to handle their business as they see fit.

My dealer has said that if they receive 100 allocations, they will contact customers based upon their reservation number. When they reach 100 orders they will no longer accept any further orders, until they receive their second allocation and the process starts over again. So waiting until later in February of March will result in not being able to order at all- even if you have a low reservation number.

They have also said that customers will be responsible for entering the orders, as we will NOT be allowed into the dealership to place orders due to COVID-19.

Are dealers receiving more than one allocation for 2021 models?

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course they can place an order through any dealer they want. It doesn’t mean that they’ll get theirs this year though. Ford is limiting the amount of orders that will be built this year per dealer. Does that make sense?
Isn't that already somewhat taken care of by the reservation date cut-off and then order date cut-off? And/or late availability items

My dealership has 36 allocations with 100 reservations. I would think since I my reservation is 7/14 only a couple hours after opening, I should be good
Wonder if that ratio is consistent across the board?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond