65 Cobra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Corvette, 22 4Runner TRD, 22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I checked the NTSB site, mine is effected.

Not sure I want a car that has sat outside for 10 months.

This could be a really big moment for the Bronco and how the market reacts. If everyone walks away, the lots will be flooded with units. If not, the demand and backlog will continue into the 4th and 5th model year.
Sponsored

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is really bad and explains why I haven’t shipped yet. This seatbelt recall. (Confirmed my VIN) They can’t sell anything with an open recall and the solution won’t be available until Oct-Nov.

BF39B9EA-62E6-45B1-9DDA-1674E18F0428.jpeg
How do you check if your VIN is affected? Technically my “build date” is after this.

BHearn9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. And yeah, it affects me.
FML
We hit that sweet spot: 4/10 build week hosed by “in production” purgatory, coupled with the recall going into effect just prior to shipping. Thought I had a chance of taking delivery before the 3 year res anniversary this month.

Just when you think this shit show can’t get anymore out of hand, @Ford Motor Company has gone and completely outdone itself. Well done, @Ford Motor Company, well done. 👏👏👏

Edit: but thanks for providing that “built” update on 6/29!Can’t wait for the next 45 Day email that says absolutely nothing!

Sponsored

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We hit that sweet spot: 4/10 build week hosed by “in production” purgatory, coupled with the recall going into effect just prior to shipping. Thought I had a chance of taking delivery before the 3 year res anniversary this month.

Just when you think this shit show can’t get anymore out of hand, @Ford Motor Company has gone and completely outdone itself. Well done, @Ford Motor Company, well done. 👏👏👏

Edit: but thanks for providing that “built” update on 6/29!Can’t wait for the next 45 Day email that says absolutely nothing!
Because some people don’t know how to buckle their seat belt.
I’ve been waiting 3 years for this goddamn thing.
Finally it’s going to arrive at the dealership.
And it’s going to sit there collecting rust for another 6 months.
Because some idiot doesn’t know how seatbelts work.

BHearn9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because some people don’t know how to buckle their seat belt.
I’ve been waiting 3 years for this goddamn thing.
Finally it’s going to arrive at the dealership.
And it’s going to sit there collecting rust for another 6 months.
Because some idiot doesn’t know how seatbelts work.
“Your vehicle has been built *except for a seatbelt latch plate that may result in occupant dissatisfaction,” so we can’t sell it to you.

You’d think they could put the clip on the belt when they finally got around to taking care of the rear axle issues ~80 days after going into production.

I would have preferred to still be stuck in production. They just keep swinging that carrot in front of me, only to give me a swift kick in the nuts shortly thereafter.

BigRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2-Dr Outer Banks is also on the purgatory list........Built 4/13 BUT my vin shows no recalls. My dealer says (2-DR Bronco's are not involved in the Seatbelt Recall. Mine must just be lost at the Ford plant.

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is just fucking with me now. They shipped it but now it will just sit at Granger until they fix the seatbelt recall in Q4. They should have just fixed it at the plant.

Ford Bronco Bronco Build Week 4/10/2023 IMG_2877

jalexa27

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is just fucking with me now. They shipped it but now it will just sit at Granger until they fix the seatbelt recall in Q4. They should have just fixed it at the plant.

I'm right there with you. Shipped on 7/9, and will be sitting at Granger as well waiting for the infamous seat belt fix....

Sponsored

BHearn9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did anyone at Granger confirm they cannot sell it due to the recall? I’ve been holding onto hope that those of us that sat around “in production” until AFTER the 5/9 recall end date would have gotten the fix before shipping (unlikely, I know), and the NHTSA website just wasn’t updated…

This is such bullshit.

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did anyone at Granger confirm they cannot sell it due to the recall? I’ve been holding onto hope that those of us that sat around “in production” until AFTER the 5/9 recall end date would have gotten the fix before shipping (unlikely, I know), and the NHTSA website just wasn’t updated…

This is such bullshit.
Yes, I talked to them and they said it will sit on their lot until the fix is released. They have like 30 or more like that.

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

This is such bullshit.
I went to Ford chat again last night, and they confirmed mine shipped without a fix.
Sponsored