First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey B6G Community, first time posting. Hopefully it’s ok to start a build week thread since it looks like the sticky thread is dormant. And rather than starting a separate thread about the whole fubar reservation and ordering experience, lack of proactive communication from Ford and the uselessness of my ford.com account, I’ll include that here, and be as brief as possible.

But spoiler alert- TL,DR, my order was finally scheduled and I have a VIN after a fairly long, 21 month wait! I know plenty of folks waited longer than that.

Anyway, with the strike resolved, I had been hoping that Thursday would be the day I might finally get the email from Ford saying that my 2-door Wildtrak has been scheduled for production. No email came though, so I called Ford Marketing just to make sure that my order didn’t have any mystery compatibility errors and that I hadn’t been priority 99’d. (A few weeks before the strike, Ford Marketing told me that my previously clean order had a compatibility error and that I would need to work with my dealer to resolve it).

I didn’t have a whole lot of faith that the dealer could resolve anything, since a) they had failed to connect my Feb 2022 order to my Aug 2021 reservation, which was cancelled and refunded by Ford in Jan 2023, but oddly, my first private offer has the same 8 digit id # as my reservation; and b) they never converted my 2022 order to a 2023 order until I asked them to do so in March 2023 after calling Ford and finding out I no longer had an active order. The way I saw it, my spot in line was about 18 months farther back than it should have been, and I wouldn’t have an order at all if I hadn’t told my dealer to convert my MY22 order to a MY23.

I called the dealer about the compatibility error, and the sales mgr spoke to Ford and apparently there was a glitch in the ordering system, and the compatibility error was removed or dropped off once the glitch was fixed. I waited a few days, called Ford again, and sure enough they said my order was clean with a priority code of 10, for whatever that’s worth. This was about a month before the strike, so I looked for the scheduling email every Thursday, but no joy. i knew that my build wasn’t doing me any favors either since it has: 2 doors, Lux, tow pkg, Wildtrak/Sasquatch. Pretty much all of the constrained options.

So Thursday was the first day of scheduling since the strike was settled, but no email. Bummer. I call Ford to make sure my order is still clean and to see if they can tell me anything about my chances of getting a MY23, and after going through the standard drill of providing name, address, phone #, email, order code, sales code, etc, the woman on the other end of the line says, “oh, you have a VIN! You’re scheduled for the week of 12/4!“ I’m thinking there‘s a mistake since I didn’t get the email (still haven’t), but she has me go on the vehicle tracking site and there it is!

Needless to say I’m pumped, and I hope that having a VIN and a production date means I have a good chance of actually getting my Bronco. My understanding is that having a VIN means that parts have been allocated. is that correct? Also, can I still make minor changes to my order? Would asking my dealer to add paint protection film or the keypad to my order affect my production date? Obviously that’s the last thing I want to do.

Hopefully a lot of other people were scheduled this past week, and if you’re still waiting, it’s worth calling Ford because you might get some good news.

It’s worth noting that this forum has been an amazing resource. In order of usefulness from most helpful to “thanks for nothing” it’s at the top of the list-

1) b6g
2) speaking live with Ford marketing
3) the dealer. They moved up a couple spots once I started talking to the sales mgr
4) ford.com account.
5) outbound email communication from Ford. Besides the 2 initial order confirmations I got for the MY22 and MY23 order, I’ve only gotten a couple of the 45 day check-in, “sorry, still no production date” emails.

Thanks to the b6g community for arming me with the info I needed and good luck to everyone still waiting for their Bronco. Oh, and if you haven’t taken advantage of the free Off Roadeo invite, you should definitely do so. I did the Moab event a couple months ago and it was great. It definitely got me more fired up to get my Bronco.
Ford Bronco Bronco build week 12/4/2023 1699850697729
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Congrats, so much drama. With your VIN and being scheduled I think you are very likely to get your rig as a '23 MY. Ford did say they are cancelling some scheduled orders post strike. I don't think you can be 100% safe until you are in production.

It's my understanding that once you have a VIN, no changes. That may have just been my dealer. As soon as I had the VIN, I could not and did inquire.

Good luck.

IronManGT

Wildtrak
First Name
Kenderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven’t had any problems. I ordered back in January of 2022 and got my 2Dr Wildtrak lux scheduled back in August. Date was pushed back so many times and I am finally scheduled for 12/4 as well. Hopefully we both make it to the finish line.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I'm scheduled for 12/04. I'm hoping it gets cancelled as I want a 24 now. I think there will be a surge of below-MSRP 23 Broncos early in 24 because unless you have price protection, who wants a 8" display and tiny tie-rods?

IronManGT

Wildtrak
First Name
Kenderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was just pushed back to 12/11. Really pisses me off as there would only be one other week after that for the build.

Sponsored

Ryan_SC

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here. I was seeing 12/4 for the last month and yesterday tracker was showing 12/11. I’m part of the forever pushed build week crowd. My first scheduled production week was in August.

Ol’BHog

Heritage
First Name
Kirsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Same here. I was seeing 12/4 for the last month and yesterday tracker was showing 12/11. I’m part of the forever pushed build week crowd. My first scheduled production week was in August.
Same here, been pushed back and forth since July!

Monco23

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
12/4 here. Originally ordered back in September 2021. Finally got a VIN and scheduled for week of July 31st to be pushed back week after week. Hasn’t updated since 10/27 so I contacted Ford via chat and they said I had a production date of 12/8. Hoping that date holds. 4dr Black Wildtrak hardtop

ConstBroncoNC

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My mom’s 4dr heritage edition is still scheduled for the week of 12/4. Has anyone gotten their window sticker yet?

OP
OP
Jiminator

Jiminator

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My mom’s 4dr heritage edition is still scheduled for the week of 12/4. Has anyone gotten their window sticker yet?
Not yet. The tracker still shows "scheduled for week of 12/4" for me. I had called the 800 # a couple weeks ago and was told my build date would be 12/5 at that time, but today when I checked with Ford Chat they said my build date is 12/7. I've seen varying estimates of when the window sticker should be available, but 6-7 days before productions seems to be the consensus. You may want to call Ford or check the chat to get your exact build date. (I'm hoping mine doesn't change again...)

Sponsored

ConstBroncoNC

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not yet. The tracker still shows "scheduled for week of 12/4" for me. I had called the 800 # a couple weeks ago and was told my build date would be 12/5 at that time, but today when I checked with Ford Chat they said my build date is 12/7. I've seen varying estimates of when the window sticker should be available, but 6-7 days before productions seems to be the consensus. You may want to call Ford or check the chat to get your exact build date. (I'm hoping mine doesn't change again...)
Forgot to check Ford chat. They said 12/5 for build date which means the tracker should update soon. If I remember correctly mine showed in production 7-8 days before the build date back in August.

OP
OP
Jiminator

Jiminator

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Forgot to check Ford chat. They said 12/5 for build date which means the tracker should update soon. If I remember correctly mine showed in production 7-8 days before the build date back in August.
That sounds about right. My tracker was updated to "In Production" today, but still shows as scheduled for week of 12/4. Window sticker isn't available yet.

Ford Bronco Bronco build week 12/4/2023 1701308673811

ConstBroncoNC

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That sounds about right. My tracker was updated to "In Production" today, but still shows as scheduled for week of 12/4. Window sticker isn't available yet.

Ford Bronco Bronco build week 12/4/2023 1701308673811
The tracker for my mom’s heritage updated last night to in production. Says the window sticker is available but nothing. I’m guessing tomorrow for the window sticker. Hoping no one gets held up in quality control.

IMG_0164.jpeg

IronManGT

Wildtrak
First Name
Kenderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone get a window sticker yet?