Keebs64

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I'm reading this correctly- Ford can produce 39% of demand for hardtops, but less than half of that production is going to be used on 2-doors (14%).

Why?

The 4-door has an alternate option for the hardtop. The 2-door has no other option. Wouldn't it make more sense to shift more hardtops to the 2-door?
Sponsored

snakeyes

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco "Billy" Wildtrac, Sasquatch A10
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see Censorship is alive and well on this forum - Good Grief - really, - grow up ...!!!

Enginerd39

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it's frustrating that Ford can't build everyone's vehicle fast enough with the options we ordered, but a lot of it is really beyond Ford's control. Anyone in these forums who works in manufacturing and other similar industries knows that supply lines are unbelievably screwed up right now. Lead times on simple parts are triple what they used to be, and for twice the price. I do not envy the logistics of securing tens of thousands of components to assemble a single vehicle, and it only takes one missing part to delay it. In this day and age, I'm suprised the constraint list isn't longer.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I'm reading this correctly- Ford can produce 39% of demand for hardtops, but less than half of that production is going to be used on 2-doors (14%).

Why?

The 4-door has an alternate option for the hardtop. The 2-door has no other option. Wouldn't it make more sense to shift more hardtops to the 2-door?
Because majority of the orders are 4 doors.

Freyer

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base CG 2dr manual & '22 Miata Club
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

okay...just catching up on this...after begin moved to a '22 it seems pointless to worry about this. This is a single week report, is it not? A different week may have different constraints is how I read this.

I change color (to cactus gray) and dropped my roof rails...basic as basic can be...

Sponsored

Joker352

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've got 7 of these chosen. Guess eff me, huh? (Edited because I hear there are people that don't like words here)

Last edited:

#Hopinandfindout

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only have two of those on the list, both in the 30-40% range.

I may have a shot at 22.
I have 9 on this list and explains why im still waiting with a 7/2020 reservation

#Hopinandfindout

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know it's frustrating that Ford can't build everyone's vehicle fast enough with the options we ordered, but a lot of it is really beyond Ford's control. Anyone in these forums who works in manufacturing and other similar industries knows that supply lines are unbelievably screwed up right now. Lead times on simple parts are triple what they used to be, and for twice the price. I do not envy the logistics of securing tens of thousands of components to assemble a single vehicle, and it only takes one missing part to delay it. In this day and age, I'm suprised the constraint list isn't longer.
Not a Ford fanboy but we probably ought to cut them a little slack on some of these constraints. I buy raw materials for ultimate use in the road construction industry. Besides constraints on some materials, trucking has got to be a huge problem. There are just not enough drivers and those drivers that are available have considerable power. One day they may just decide they don’t want to do overnight trips. Reliability of trucking that used to be rock solid, has in some cases become very unreliable. I have to think logistics folks at Ford are on periodic suicide watch. This just in time manufacturing that many companies like Ford use makes sense in normal times but gets completely screwed up when transportation is unreliable. At least that’s what affects me on a daily basis.

By the way, I don’t give Ford a pass on all these constraints. The MIC top problem(s) is just dumb. But that’s for another thread.

Sponsored

Enginerd39

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't get me wrong, Ford has made some missteps with suppliers, QA issues, and underestimating demand, but it is a very bad time to be wanting to push production faster. Everything is harder to secure, prices are higher, and parts delivery delays are the standard.

fp11

Black Diamond
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking about this when converting my order and after seeing this list and looking at this video I went from 5 of these (MIC, 2.7, HD bumper, Tow and PPF) to just 1 (2.7) for my 4D BD with Mid pkg. The rest can wait (just like I have been doing…)

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If my math is correct I have a 0.53% of being scheduled at a national level and barring the regional constraints.

Still better odds than the lottery:LOL:
Sponsored