Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you bought a 2021 bronco but say you don’t like buying something rushed. 🤔
The 2.7L had been out for almost a decade. The EV motor in the bronco may not be able to same the same. Completely different.
I’m 100% ready for EV and by the time 2030 rolls around ford will have a decade of EV experience

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The little EV fad, experiment or whatever it was a spectacular disaster. I said on this very forum a well over a year ago that it would die off because of lack of infrastructure mainly. I also simply don't want to plan trips around my charge or lack of and having to sit in a random Walmart parking lot for 45 minutes waiting instead of driving.

Good riddance.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The little EV fad, experiment or whatever it was a spectacular disaster. I said on this very forum a well over a year ago that it would die off because of lack of infrastructure mainly. I also simply don't want to plan trips around my charge or lack of and having to sit in a random Walmart parking lot for 45 minutes waiting instead of driving.

Good riddance.
In a few years, EV’s will be ultra niche and boutique, only driven by the costal elites whose furthest trip is an hr away WITH traffic, or another toy in their stable

for the rest of us, they’ll probably relax the standards considerably

Last edited:

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good. I hope they can the plans entirely. EV's are crap; half-baked, and nothing more than a political football. Hydrogen fuel cells is the way to go and more and more manufacturers are getting on that bandwagon as a good alternative to EV's.
If we’re talking performance EV destroys ICE, the whole greener thing is really doubtful though.

Sponsored
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If we’re talking performance EV destroys ICE, the whole greener thing is really doubtful though.
Said this from the first time I drove my buddies Tesla. Insane performance off the line, perfect for in town, but no thanks to child labor and 10 years to net 0 environmental impact when you’d probably have to replace the battery system. Fix those problems, and we’ll talk.

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU, Roush 2 Mustang, Triumph T-Bird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm following BMW more closely than any other maker and they really seem to be focusing more on hydrogen cells as opposed to EV. I'm not an automotive guy but from an engineering perspective I think H > EV. The energy storage systems in EV are very complex, and I don't see them getting simplified any time soon. Also, there's a good bit of activity in the cleaner fuels labs, so don't be surprised if ICE falls back into favor in the near future. I think FoMoCo may just be pulling their product development engines to idle until it's clearer where they want to put their money.

Last edited:

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good. I hope they can the plans entirely. EV's are crap; half-baked, and nothing more than a political football. Hydrogen fuel cells is the way to go and more and more manufacturers are getting on that bandwagon as a good alternative to EV's.
Hydrogen is a terrible choice for an automotive fuel. It's just an EV with more steps (aka less efficiency)

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm following BMW more closely than anyone and they really seem to be focusing more on hydrogen cells as opposed to EV. I'm not an automotive guy but from an engineering perspective I think H > EV. The energy storage systems in EV are very complex, and I don't see them getting simplified any time soon. Also, there's a good bit of activity in the cleaner fuels labs, so don't be surprised if ICE falls back into favor in the near future. I think FoMoCo may just be pulling their product development engines to idle until it's clearer where they want to put their money.
No one is going to seriously do hydrogen.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No one is going to seriously do hydrogen.
That is funny... I see you have been paying attention to the industry.... Ha, ha, ha!!!!

Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could you imagine living in south Florida and trying to go north to avoid a hurricane with 2 million other people and you need to charge your Tesla about the Orlando area? Yeah, that sucker’s gonna drown. I’d jump in the bronco and haul tail, refilling at any gas station in 5 minutes on my way to GA or SC.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

SO Many people on here showing how little they know but offering opinions as if they were an expert! WOW!

Hydrogen does not = EV.... TWO different things!!!!

Hydrogen is a fuel..... It can be used in combustion or it can be combined with oxygen to create electricity....

ICE Motor = 25000 parts give or take....

Electric motor = less than 100

Every part is a potential failure point. Electric motors have a torque curve that far and away outclasses the very best ICE motor there has ever been built.

Electric Motors blow the doors off ICE motors.

I do believe all the additional CRAP car companies are doing to make your car (electric or ICE) into a rolling cell phone is a real problem. THAT right there is 90 percent of all the complaints on this board... all of the electronic nannies and electronic connectivity and electronic entertainment, and electronic monitoring and electronic..... You get my point.... That is our biggest problem. not elctric vs ICE but it is trying to make a car into a rolling cell phone.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

An EV economy car would be a nice fit for my household. It could accommodate majority of the driving we do in the urban Chicagoland area, with home charging every few days and little range anxiety. A compliment to the gasoline Bronco being more of the workhorse, hauling boats and stuff, going off-road, etc.

I would have bought an economy EV four years ago, but no EV at the time could match the $14k I paid new for our Kia Soul fuel sipper. The EV prices need to drop.

Like you said, EVs are not a blanket solution at this time. But could do well for users in an urban environment, especially households also having a gasoline vehicle for longer trips and
We would still have Diesels if it weren't for the Govt, https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2024/01/27/jarring-juxtaposition/

"As this column has observed in the past, the TDI diesel-powered vehicles VW was selling lots of at the time were an existential threat to the EV push that was beginning around the same time (this was circa 2015-ish). VW wasn’t just selling diesels. VW was selling affordable diesels. You could pick up a new TDI-powered Jetta back then for less than $22k. VW’s plan was to make its clean diesel engines the basis of a return to the company’s roots as the maker of people’s cars. That is to say cars most people could afford. Cars that were inexpensive to buy and to drive and to keep.
TDI-ad-300x169.jpg

Kind of like the Beetle and its spin-offs the company built its empire on.

And that was an existential threat to the plan to push devices on the people – so VW’s clean diesels had to go, by framing them as being not “clean.” In fact, all they were was noncompliant – a very different thing. But never mind. They are gone now, so the transition can proceed.

It is more like a reversal."

As originally invented, Diesel engines were designed around using renewable peanut and other veggie oils

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No politics here I went from paying 80 bucks a week in gas in my F150 to the Lightning to paying 12 dollars per week in electricity for the same commute. It's not a road tripper neither was my other F150. It pulls my boat just fine to the 3 surrounding lakes I (try to) fish at. If you have a 240 charger at your house it's like you have an elf filling it up every night while you sleep. Both sides of the political aisle have turned everyone on EVs and anyone that say hydrogen is the future is lying to themselves the only good use case is for hydrogen are semi's. You can't store enough tanks on a passenger vehicle to have a decent amount of range.

IMG_20240224_172052.jpg
Not sure what was wrong with your previous F150, but my 2019 was an excellent road tripper. huge quiet cabin, smooth, could tow a house and carry more luggage and camping equipment than two Broncos combined, and got pretty decent MPG all things considered. Also, you do know, that at the very moment I type this, government sponsored hackers working for numerous communist governments are trying to find weaknesses into our infrastructure! The tin foil hat has become a reality!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SO Many people on here showing how little they know but offering opinions as if they were an expert! WOW!

Hydrogen does not = EV.... TWO different things!!!!

Hydrogen is a fuel..... It can be used in combustion or it can be combined with oxygen to create electricity....

ICE Motor = 25000 parts give or take....

Electric motor = less than 100

Every part is a potential failure point. Electric motors have a torque curve that far and away outclasses the very best ICE motor there has ever been built.

Electric Motors blow the doors off ICE motors.

I do believe all the additional CRAP car companies are doing to make your car (electric or ICE) into a rolling cell phone is a real problem. THAT right there is 90 percent of all the complaints on this board... all of the electronic nannies and electronic connectivity and electronic entertainment, and electronic monitoring and electronic..... You get my point.... That is our biggest problem. not elctric vs ICE but it is trying to make a car into a rolling cell phone.
Yes but it is a cell phone that will come to you on its own
Sponsored