Sponsored

Bronco First Editions, how much over MSRP do you think they'll sell for.

First Edition over sticker price

• $5k to $10k

Votes: 64 27.8%
  • $10k to $15k

Votes: 67 29.1%
  • $15k to $20k

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • Over $20k

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • 0 to $5k

Votes: 19 8.3%

• Total voters

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 911 was faster but not by much!
I’d take the GT500 every single time over the 911, Porsches are boring looking, too round. I’ve never liked the look of them, at all.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A FE Bronco is 100% absolutely NOTHING like a GT500 Shelby as far as people wanting it. I doubt you'll see most if any have a boost the way this poll is saying. And even GT500's you can talk down, I did, had a dealer remove all their markup by negotiating with them when their payment came due to Ford. The FE Bronco is 'neat' as a special edition of the Bronco but it offers almost nothing unique (unlike the GT500). If there was a special engine, special suspension, special transmission, special "something" other than optioned out with a FE vin, then maybe. But anyone paying some markup cause it says "FE" is, well, deserving of losing their money to the dealer.
I think you're overlooking that some people have more money than brains and dealers will take advantage.

Some dealers still put $15k markups on Raptors and there's a dozen of those in every grocery store parking lot.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some dealers still put $15k markups on Raptors and there's a dozen of those in every grocery store parking lot.
Off roaders got to eat, no? ;)

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a little context a 1991 Bronco's median value is about $17,000 and the special 1991 silver anniversary edition is about $18,000. (According to a basic google search.)

I'd say the FE is the equivalent to any typical "anniversary" edition appearance edition. It's not a performance edition. Anyone who cares about maxing resale of the FE pretty much has to get it in lightning blue. Otherwise it's just a built out BL with different stickers.

That being said, depending on the market I could see ANY trim of Bronco getting 5-10K over sticker due to availability early on. If I get my BL in the first month of deliveries (I might) and can flip it for 5k profit, I'd seriously consider it.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The FE is pretty much a sticker package. You can get basically the same Bronco without it. A Mustang GT500 is not a Mustang GT, that’s why it will command more money down the road (and now). Nobody is going to be watching Barrett-Jackson in 30 years and see FE tribute Broncos going across the stage. ? It’s not special.

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stopped by my Local Ford dealer last week and they had a beautiful Shelby GT 500 on the showroom floor. I was sticker shocked at the $105k price tag. I was in more shock when the salesman told me they just got it in and would be adding $50k to the sticker. I know a Shelby GT 500 is a hot ticket. Knowing some dealers will receive canceled First Edition, I wonder how much over sticker they'll get on a FE Bronco. My original thought was between $5k to $10k But after seeing the $50k on the Shelby, I'm guessing $10k to $15k. It would be interesting to see everyones thoughts, if you would like to vote. The poll is on the big Bronco, not the Bronco Sport.
Any smart person will already have a agreed upon price on their FE. I don't expect anyone to pay over MSRP since there are a number of dealers offer MSRP with no markup and a little more searching can probably get you into one below retail. Any dealer putting any rediculous markup on vehicles will never get my business. I will laugh in their face and be sure to make a scene for other customers to see and make them think twice.

OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Totally different circumstances and market as to what is going on and yes, I still think anyone who pays over msrp is an idiot. Just my opinion! Hopefully I am not calling you an idiot, it is just a general statement I am making.
No worries, you're not calling me a idiot. As I already have a FE on reserve and plan on paying $1000 under invoice.
But we can agree to disagree as I wouldn't call someone paying $10k to $15k over sticker on a First Edition a idiot. No more than I would call a Gateway Bronco buyer Paying $250k for a First Gen a Idiot. JMHO

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally different circumstances and market as to what is going on and yes, I still think anyone who pays over msrp is an idiot. Just my opinion! Hopefully I am not calling you an idiot, it is just a general statement I am making.
I agree that anyone who has a reservation and pays over MSRP for any Bronco is an idiot. It’s easy enough not to, plenty of dealers will take your reservation transfer now for less than our worst car equal to MSRP on an FE. Very easy, so yes, a little idiotic to pay over MSRP for one you have reserved.

Now if you don’t have a reservation and want one...then you pay the market rate, and that doesn’t make you an idiot...even though I don’t get paying more for that truck when you can just order an equivalent Badlands without the goofy graphics.

OP
OP
vintage

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Exactly, it is just a highly optioned Badlands. Honestly I'm really starting to believe manufacturers make these first run this and first launch that to sell highly optioned and profitable units. Follow the money! $$$$
I'm not sure in 50 years as I'll probably be 6 feet under pushing up daisies. But my guess is in 2021 or 2022 we'll see a couple First Edition Broncos crossing the block at one of those Highline auctions. ?

Last edited:

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not Exactly true!
The gt500 is a beast but it’s a Ford not a Porsche, if I am in a 6 figure Ford it’s a GT without the 500 ... not that I can afford any of them lol

Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh, dealer ADM will happen. The FE has exclusivity attached to it so I would not be surprised at all if a dealership tacks at least $15k onto one.

In 2005 when the S197 Mustang was released, I stopped in at my local dealership to check it out. They had a red, base, auto GT on the showroom floor. They would not let me drive it unless I bought it. That's when I noticed they had a $10k ADM on the window sticker. "Oh, these are hard to find" the sales weasel spouted. That's funny because there was another large Ford dealership about 30 miles away that had at least 20 Mustangs on the lot WITH NO ADM. I walked out of there ASAP. Two weeks later, the salesman I spoke to called me to see if I was still interested in the GT. They had dropped the ADM. I told him to sit and spin.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People who pay any amount over sticker price is nuts. I saw the same thing back when the VW bug was reintroduced.....I believe back in the late 90s- early 2000s. People were paying 15k over invoice just because they wanted the first ones. Just proves dealers will take advantage of stupid people

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking they’ll get put on the lots at 15k-20k... and folks that don’t know or care about what makes it special (or not) will get em for 10k-15k just because they want it... and just because the dealer can.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting question especially since they’ve double the amount they’re building.

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Large Metro area expect 20k -30K for an F.E. early delivery on the floor. I understand not paying over msrp. I don't and won't. But for someone with relatively unlimited funds, paying over to get what they want when they want it is absolutely no big deal, especially on a sub 100k auto. And, I wouldn't sell my F.E. unless I was offered dang near double for what I paid 'cause I can't get another bronco at this point for probably a 18 months from that delivery. Should've tried for two.
Sponsored