Sponsored

How Much Wiggle room do you think Dealers will give us with final pricing?

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its a little late in the game to be talking about pricing. Should have thought about that before you orderd. And yes, all of us with discounts have it in writing.
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope people who have HUGE discounts have that in writing. It’s going to be hard to buy these without mark ups. Inventory is 90% below normal, so they’re going to need to make up for that by charging MSRP or more.
The time to negotiate was before you ordered when you could still switch dealers. Many of us were playing dealers against each other to get pricing down. My deal is at invoice, with only a $250 doc fee, nothing else. And my dealer is 8 miles from my house. And yes it's in writing.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With all the wealth of pricing info on this site I was just curious to see what y'all think about any potential discounts dealers are willing to give. Reservations mostly look like they are locked at MSRP pricing (mine is, as verified by the dealer). I wonder if its worth my time to go in there and basically try to lower that price. It's a hot item, and its in huge demand. I have no doubt that if i walk away from my reservation they can turn around and sell my build way over msrp. I am curious though if theyd rather sell me MY build for the price I want instead. what are your thoughts?
they rather fill customer demand and make a reasonable profit from satisfying the customer honestly. Econ 101 is needed here. Demand high, Quantity low, Price high. This is the scenario we are in. Where do you think price should be? LOL

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well i guess I didn't have much of a choice since there is precisely one Ford dealer in town and the next one was 1400 miles away.
There are people on here that live in Hawaii that are buying their Bronco from Granger in Iowa and still saving thousands AFTER shipping to the island.

Justify it however you want. You chose convenience over cost. Nothing wrong with that, but expecting both after the fact is silly.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

well i guess I didn't have much of a choice since there is precisely one Ford dealer in town and the next one was 1400 miles away.
Best to just sit tight. It doesn't look like you have much negotiating power at this point, or probably when you ordered either. I'm really surprised that you got yours at sticker in your situation.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You lost the ability to negotiate once you placed your order and could no longer switch dealers....back then, you could just switch to get the better deal. Now you get what you get and take it or leave it.

Right , I placed an order for a 21 MY but it's highly unlikely I'll get a 21 so when Ford tells me I need to reorder for a 22 when the order banks open up again , can I switch to a different dealership at that time?

jimd1

Badlands
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the wealth of pricing info on this site I was just curious to see what y'all think about any potential discounts dealers are willing to give. Reservations mostly look like they are locked at MSRP pricing (mine is, as verified by the dealer). I wonder if its worth my time to go in there and basically try to lower that price. It's a hot item, and its in huge demand. I have no doubt that if i walk away from my reservation they can turn around and sell my build way over msrp. I am curious though if theyd rather sell me MY build for the price I want instead. what are your thoughts?
The dealers are not going to negotiate much if anything plus with random conversations with some salesmen at a TN Ford dealer they have salesmen put in orders as for themselves to put on their lot , I would imagine this is happening a lot across the country!

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tell him you want free floor mats or you will leave him a bad survey....Thats about the only thing you can leverage at this point.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wiggle room? I figure you got as much room as there is between two coats of paint.
Sponsored