Sponsored

Do you think First Editions will be built first?

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They are working 5 days a week with some Saturdays. And they will not be building 1000 Broncos a day unless they halt Ranger production. Current estimates are 1100 units a day when fully ramped up, 70/30 Bronco/Ranger split. 750-800 Broncos a day.
So, 10 days to build all the First Editions. :giggle:(y)
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, 10 days to build all the First Editions. :giggle:(y)
I don't think they will build all FEs at once, probably sprinkle a few in here and there. Remember it also depends if they have all the parts in stock.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know the plant I work at holds thousands as well as holding lots all over the country.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think production will start with the first editions?
Yeah 100% it will be first off the line. Probably the first person getting it will also have a great vin.

hbms17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is a publicly traded company, so revenue projections on a quarterly basis are key. While there are clearly others on the thread will material experience on the manufacturing line, if you combine the factors of parts, manufacturing procedures and Ford revenue forecasts, I am guessing they will allocate production based on these factors.

By example if manual transmission Broncos have transmissions in stock, the line is set to manufacture these units and X number of MT Broncos at Y price meet 30% of the quarterly revenue, then those with reservations for MT will get built in that quarter with delivery following the order of their reservations. And like this for other models.

Plant capacity is key, but I presume that planning requires building like models on same production schedules. Ford's CFO talks to plant managers about how to build these effectively to avoid costs and then close new sales in particular quarters to meet forecasts making Wall Street think her or him is a wizard.

I think folks with July reservation stamps have a decent shot at seeing a Bronco in April/May. August reservation stamps could be June or could be October. I do think that later reservations probably are looking at 2022. So it better be a '22 model.

Long post to say that this process is becoming allot like producing sausage or legislation. You really don't want to know what goes into it. It will make you nauseas.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMHO Having visited automotive assembly lines, I believe they will build to the reservation list. The way they set this up, it will be primarily customer orders first. There may be a plan to get some vehicles to dealers but I think that will be second to getting the orders filled. Ford will order/build the piece parts in the order the Broncos will be built. It doesn't matter to them what model or trim or options because they are all coming down the same line. Suppliers deliver to the line in the order Ford schedules the build. I watched M Class MB getting built and there would be totally different models following each other down the line, to include right and left had drives. I think the order deadline is to get the line flow set up and then off they go.
My 2 cents.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I cannot see Ford sitting on literally 10s of millions of dollars that not only is not generating revenue, but could indeed be considered inventory that could be taxed. The only Queuing I could see would be for trains and trucks to ship.
If Farley wants to keep his job he won't be letting these things sit anywhere but in buyer's garages.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe they will start producing in the spring, I donā€™t believe theyā€™re going to sit on their hands and wait until June for no good reason. Arenā€™t they supposed to tell us in January or February when to expect our order to be made?

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well logically they should build them first, right:) "First Edition"....!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Itā€™s going to be interesting to see how many reservations there are and how many get converted to orders, if they release that info.
Sponsored