Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's probably a difference between light duty and and heavy duty axles. Put a Dana 60 on there and the clearance will be even less.
Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure that is the case. The Sasquatch package adds a 1.2” front and 1” rear lift. The badlands pacakage has a “unique” suspension. My guess is up to a 33” will fit fine with full articulation on any model, but a lift or Sasquatch will be required to go any bigger. If it is a mall crawler 35’s will probably fit fine.
The Sasquatch is 1.4 inches taller than the Badlands. That’s not tall enough to have an extra lift over the gains in tire. Unless it’s a 0.5” spacer all around on the Sasquatch.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On the Ford website under (power and handling) shows standard feature Badlands Suspension and optional high clearence suspension. which I image the high clearence option would be the Sasquatch package.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ground clearance is relatively meaningless. Sure you need a little, but what really matters for off-roading is approach, departure, and break over angle.
They don't have rocks in PA?

Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the Ford website under (power and handling) shows standard feature Badlands Suspension and optional high clearence suspension. which I image the high clearence option would be the Sasquatch package.
There are a bunch of misprints on the site. It also says you can add lockers as an option but they come standard on the trim.

You could need an extra half inch for 35’s to clear on the badlands.

but the badlands has the most suspension travel of any trim.I think it was like 1.2” more travel than a Sasquatch. That has to mean that it’s the same suspension lift. How could there be that extra travel?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For comparison, the little Toyota Tacoma 4x4 has 9.5” of clearance with those little 30” factory tires. I have a 2” lift and 33s on mine. Not sure how much clearance I have now but I was actually disappointed with only 11.6” with 35s on the Bronco.

Last edited:

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This whole thing is a non-issue. The base is a blank canvas. It’s meant for the people that prefer “built not bought”. It comes with steelies and bicycle tires to lower the MSRP because Ford knows people are going to replace them with aftermarket anyways.

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For comparison, the Toyota Tacoma 4x4 has 9.5” of clearance with those little 30” factory tires. I have a 2” lift and 33s on mine. Not sure how much clearance I have now but I was actually disappointed with only 11.6” with 35s on the Bronco.
I agree, the Bronco models below the Badlands and without the Sasquatch aren’t anything special as far as specs go. A Base 2-door has 1” less ground clearance than 4 door Tacoma Off-Road and has identical break over. The Approach angle is better on the Bronco only because of the bumper style on Tacoma and many people cut them that off-road. The Bronco obviously wins on departure without the truck bed. However I think that the Bronco with tires alone can be made far more capable than Tacoma could be with tires alone. I haven’t looked at how the Bronco Base stacks up against the Wrangler Sport.

It also isn’t clear what for instance the Black Diamonds approach and departure will be as it is the same bumpers as the Badlands and .75” greater ground clearance than the Base.

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clearance doesn’t come from suspensions. It comes from tires.
Clearance comes from both. A lift on a truck comes from the shocks and springs, longer control arms n such..... Tires are the quickest lift, but can also weaken components if they aren't upgraded as well. Then there's the rubbing.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1595583815317.png

So with 32" tires, we'll have 9.4" of ground clearance, and with 33's only 9.9"!
Even with 35's it only goes up to 10.8 inches on the 4 door, because the high clearance suspension on the Sasquatch adds an inch of lift

1595583841062.png

and the Outlander Sport
1595583874208.png

and the Subaru Crosstrek
1595583913065.png

even a freaking Rav4 has more ground clearance than the 4 door!
1595584050696.png

The BASE Bronco should at the very least have more ground clearance than all these baby dick peasants!

This just pretty much makes the Sasquatch package a must have if you want to look like you have the big dick they advertise on TV
Not all ground clearance is created equal, these are measured (hopefully) at the minimum ground clearance. Show me the maximum ground clearance, the average ground clearance, the median ground clearance, the profile of said ground clearance plotted against x and y. In the case of the Renegade its probably pretty close to 8.7 across the Board. I guarantee that Bronco clearance number is a worst cast point to the pumpkin or shock bracket. Give me a rock garden full of 9" reliefs and tell me you think the Renegade would be better suited :LOL:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clearance doesn’t come from suspensions. It comes from tires.
Wait, you were referring to clearance for the differential pineapple? If so, yes, the tires lift that. I was referring to the other critical components that often get banged on the trail.

I'm with you now. My apologies.

Reactions: MVP

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Volvo V90 Cross Country is a station wagon with 8.3" of clearance. maybe i should get a wagon to go off roading. difference is the entire floor of the Volvo is 8.3" where the Bronco has pretty much every other part much higher. maybe a fully independent suspension off roader like the Defender is something you should be looking at if it's just ground clearance that you are looking at.