JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I honestly think there must be some serious design flaws that they are having difficulties figuring out... without the center roof pillar must be causing some type of headache... what the hell else could be their issues...
I think it is a straight up labor problem. Not enough bodies to throw at the job and nowhere to get them.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I imagine it’s likely Ford isn’t very happy but there’s nothing they can do.
I am guessing they have contract w/ them and surprised Ford wouldn't put some kind of clause in there about production numbers. I don't get how all these higher ups who are getting millions in bonuses allow this shit to happen
A good lawyer can get you out of a contract, there are so many reasons, failure to produce, failure to deliver, quality failures, quanity failures, etc.

Lets just hope Ford was smart and they have invested in another supplier so they are not sole source. In fact, maybe they already have and are leaving the MIC tops with Webasto and the new supplier is working on the mod tops.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A good lawyer can get you out of a contract, there are so many reasons, failure to produce, failure to deliver, quality failures, quanity failures, etc.

Lets just hope Ford was smart and they have invested in another supplier so they are not sole source. In fact, maybe they already have and are leaving the MIC tops with Westbo and the new supplier is working on the mod tops.
Sure, but during this Covid bullshit? I think it’s a combination of Covid, supply issues and design issues. Ford is just kind of screwed, who else can just take this project on right now and ramp up production?

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lets just hope Ford was smart
This industry is sooo ripe for disruption...
  • Tech companies already have their nose under the tent
  • ICE is on a ventilator with DNR taped to the door
  • The dealer distribution model reeks 1950s

You wonder how Ford can navigate the next 30 years. They certainly haven't demonstrated much in the way of core competencies throughout this launch. And they're already kinda recognized as a one-trick-pony.

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what i dont understand, ford said no dual top option this year, why??
it would be the perfect solution now. for all of us that want hardtops, they wire our vehicle for a hardtop, ship our vehicle with softtop, and when they get enough hardtops the owe us one of our choice. come to the dealer and they can install it for free. everyone wins, ford gets vehicles built and we get our vehicle. the way this letter reads between my towing package and mic top if i see my vehicle by next spring i'll be lucky. and i'm a first day reservation person

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sure, but during this Covid bullshit? I think it’s a combination of Covid, supply issues and design issues. Ford is just kind of screwed, who else can just take this project on right now and ramp up production?
This industry is sooo ripe for disruption...
  • Tech companies already have their nose under the tent
  • ICE is on a ventilator with DNR taped to the door
  • The dealer distribution model reeks 1950s

You wonder how Ford can navigate the next 30 years. They certainly haven't demonstrated much in the way of core competencies throughout this launch. And they're already kinda recognized as a one-trick-pony.
miqrq1rnhmjc3zmm_1618545788.jpg

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
maybe Farley should smoke a little weed :cool:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They probably don't even care about the bronco. They are about to show off the electric f-150. So they will take reservations for that and the cycle continues with delays and other shit.

Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
same, for me its a 2 door bronco or i go to a 200 series land cruiser, then maybe a raptor, 4 door bronco isnt even on my list.
Im guessing you diehard 2 door fans must not have 3 dogs and 2 horses. If I was just going for the “cute” factor I’d be all over the 2 door. 😂

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is a straight up labor problem. Not enough bodies to throw at the job and nowhere to get them.
I 'm pretty sure a thread last week showed that Webasto had 67 job openings. Also recently guys in the know stated their companies were having a hard time getting raw plastic materials for their applications. Labor and material shortages combined are making it hard to get the product made I believe.

My brother drives 1.5 hours to work out of town on the Cracker Plant in western PA. once completed it is supposed to be the largest supplier of raw plastics in the world. He says it is about 16 months from completion.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
what i dont understand, ford said no dual top option this year, why??
it would be the perfect solution now. for all of us that want hardtops, they wire our vehicle for a hardtop, ship our vehicle with softtop, and when they get enough hardtops the owe us one of our choice. come to the dealer and they can install it for free. everyone wins, ford gets vehicles built and we get our vehicle. the way this letter reads between my towing package and mic top if i see my vehicle by next spring i'll be lucky. and i'm a first day reservation person
Brilliant, I so wish!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im guessing you diehard 2 door fans must not have 3 dogs and 2 horses.
just remember those horses don't get any cupholders in the back of the 4-door
Sponsored