First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know you guys always talk about your approach and departure angles blah blah blah.. But in the case, the location of the rear axle just looks ugly.
I'd take the normal 2 door and just extend the back end for the extra space. Like the 80's & 90's Bronco. Does everyone really think that every single Bronco is going off road and needs it to be short? I think not.
Agreed. I'd take a tight turning radius over departure angle any day... I need my U Turns quick.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Depending on the original graphic, it was either one. I did the math by matching the door from a 2DR to the body length of a 4DR. Here is an example. The end result was always a 2DR door on a 4DR wheelbase.
Bronco-LWB-c1o.png
Bronco-LWB-c1.png

Interesting..
The funny thing to me is I loved the Srambler for its extra length. But this, imo, is too long. Maybe I liked the scrambler for being something different. And, at the time, way back when, i like the EB for being different too. ButI don't think i like this because its too different from the EB.

I think that's what throws me off from the 2door itself, the back is too different from the EB.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks cool but impractical. I'd rather have a 4-door for overlanding. For this to be a nice overlanding rig, you'd need a pretty elaborate drawer set-up inside.

Otherwise, I can promise that you'd be reaching waaay into the back a lot. Doors provide easy access. Rear seats make nice dividers of space/gear. I know that in fantasy Overland Journal world, we all have rigs that are perfectly set up. In real life, that's now how most of us roll.

Sponsored

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s a great rendering
I’m 2door all the way.

Can you render a std 2door (wheel base) Half Cab?

I would love a 2021 mansquatch half cab

A07A1655-98C5-4BD7-AA2D-63FC2F7F2E94.jpeg

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The market for this product would be similar to the Gladiator or the stretched 2-door Jeep used to make. It has a few initial sales and a loud group of early adopters, then....... Cash on the hood to move the metal.

Having seen the 4-door bronco, there is no reason that somebody craving 2-doors would need this. The 4-door already exists and would be easier to load objects into the back anyway (if you were trying to do some home remodeling with your Bronco as the work truck?). 4-door is so astronomically large for it's class that it's going to catch quite a few buyers out as they scramble to fit the damn thing anywhere that wasn't built for modern full-sized trucks.

That being said, I haven't seen a 2-door in person, but have already test-fit that size vehicle in the garage and it will fit. The 4-door would be massive*.

*this is in a custom built 3-car garage of modern proportions.

Bates63

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great design! I like it in orange.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Bronco R was a 2 door (aesthetically) with a 4 door wheelbase. Imo, the Bronco R has much better proportions than this rendering. This rendering needs more door. I think it would be awesome with the right proportions and I was thinking that the Bronco R might eventually become the Warthog. Early 4runners also had 2 door options on a 4 door wheelbase.

Sponsored

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reminds me of the three door suburban. The truck seems to go for miles behind the driver door. Cool on the suburban, I’ll pass on the bronco version.
Ford Bronco Bronco Longboard Concept – 2DR LWB Imagined 23E8C424-C275-4839-9C47-4835C5F715EC
Sponsored