Sponsored

Bronco losing navigation (temporarily due to chip shortage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really a negative, factory navigations are almost universally worse than companies dedicated to the field.

I'll take $500 off of MSRP though, thank you very much.
The Ford Nav is really good though. I use it constantly instead of carplay/Android.

I've had my Badlands lux since October and the Ford Nav blows the pants off my Audi nav.
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Ford Nav is really good though. I use it constantly instead of carplay/Android.

I've had my Badlands lux since October and the Ford Nav blows the pants off my Audi nav.
I enjoy fords nav more than Android auto/waze for four reasons

Faster
Music lowers, but doesn't get muted
Full screen!
Phone doesn't become a hot piece of coal

Last edited:

slypops

Badlands
First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford F-150 4x4 , 11 JK wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Why does my subscription Ford nav constantly take any mud trail it can find. No problems at all with android auto (Google maps) or Waze. I've tried all settings. I went ahead, reupped and paid but sheeesh!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does my subscription Ford nav constantly take any mud trail it can find. No problems at all with android auto (Google maps) or Waze. I've tried all settings. I went ahead, reupped and paid but sheeesh!
Haha, you aren't kidding.

I spent Christmas Eve down the muddiest, greasiest unmarked road thanks to the Ford Nav rerouting me to my cabin. Would've worked great except the road is closed 6 months of the year due to treacherous conditions on the Apache reservation during winter months!

My wife was panicked. Great times.

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel so blessed to have Nav and temp display in my knobs.
Not only that, but I hate burning through my phone data to use navigation.
you don’t burn data with your phone. It has a GPS receiver

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you don’t burn data with your phone. It has a GPS receiver
Waze and Google Maps apps use about 1-2mb+ per 2 hours. This can add up to several gb/mo. Turn off your cellular data and see how far you get.

Last edited:

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waze and Google Maps apps use about 1-2mb+ per 2 hours. This can add up to several gb/mo. Turn off your cellular data and see how far you get.
That’s neglible. Waze says 1g will last 1000 hours. Mostly location services as you ping towers

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s neglible. Waze says 1g will last 1000 hours. Mostly location services as you ping towers
Waze says, dealer says….lol. Real world is vastly different. And you use a LOT more driving cross country. But this thread isn’t about Waze.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your sig says you have a 2021. Did you get it without any Nav?

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your sig says you have a 2021. Did you get it without any Nav?
No, have NAV and just resubcribed. 1mb per hour is 1G per 1000 hours. My point was is that 3rd party Nav uses phone GPS and very little data. Waze is great for crowd sourcing, google great graphics. I just added Gaia app. 1000 hours is likely 35,000 miles of driving- point is don’t fret if no standard Nav

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haha, you aren't kidding.

I spent Christmas Eve down the muddiest, greasiest unmarked road thanks to the Ford Nav rerouting me to my cabin. Would've worked great except the road is closed 6 months of the year due to treacherous conditions on the Apache reservation during winter months!

My wife was panicked. Great times.
There's a setting on the screen that has it opting for 4x4 roads, by default
I discovered it just a few days ago and I'm 6k miles in lol

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, have NAV and just resubcribed. 1mb per hour is 1G per 1000 hours. My point was is that 3rd party Nav uses phone GPS and very little data. Waze is great for crowd sourcing, google great graphics. I just added Gaia app. 1000 hours is likely 35,000 miles of driving- point is don’t fret if no standard Nav
I don’t want to mislead, I DO use Waze…when it makes sense…heavy traffic, speed traps, if I’m bored and want to know where Every…Single….Solitary…..roadside abandoned car is, etc. but it is NOT the end all for me. There are many, many times when a real GPS with installed maps makes much more sense. I believe in the right tool for the job and a full toolbox. Some guys do everything with a tack hammer. Some guys only pound tacks and that’s all they need. More power to them. I can see a lot of people have trouble with the concept, but I can’t explain any better than that.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Chevy Pickup for a work vehicle 2021 model and it's missing many chips no nav no backup sensors no 120v plug in and they are not going to put them in anytime soon. do miss the charging with 120 but I bought an inverter to help with that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.