Sponsored

Bronco losing navigation (temporarily due to chip shortage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I feel so blessed to have Nav and temp display in my knobs.

you don’t burn data with your phone. It has a GPS receiver
I must be doing something wrong with my phone then lol because the only time we really use up data is when we are using the navigation in our phones
Sponsored

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most folks probably use Android Auto or Apple Carplay for navigation anyway

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a setting on the screen that has it opting for 4x4 roads, by default
I discovered it just a few days ago and I'm 6k miles in lol
Don't trust it. Mine was set to ignore 4x4 only roads...

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Ford Nav is really good though. I use it constantly instead of carplay/Android.

I've had my Badlands lux since October and the Ford Nav blows the pants off my Audi nav.
I preferred the Ford NAV in my 17 F-150 to CarPlay. Much better in my opinion, quicker and easier to use.

Most folks probably use Android Auto or Apple Carplay for navigation anyway
In my 17 F-150 I chose the factory NAV over CarPlay every time. In my 18 Grandsport I use CarPlay every time

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If ford included a sun baked turd and then removed it people here would still bitch about it….
Sure, there will always be someone that doesn't want any particular change, but it was not an insignificant cost to upgrade to high and lux. If nav was part of your justification to upgrade, the complaints are legitimate.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I must be doing something wrong with my phone then lol because the only time we really use up data is when we are using the navigation in our phones
Yeah these people are wrong. Using navigation on your phone does use data. Now if you pre-download the maps, it will use a significantly less amount of data.

But when you have a wife that keeps burning through your family data plan, you'll find out pretty quick when you're navigation stops working!

Seagull

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whether or not this is true….

Ford Authority first reported that the navigation system on 2022 Ford Broncosbuilt after May 2 would lose the option of a factory navigation system, citing sources familiar with the matter. When asked, though, Ford spokesperson Jiyan Cadiz denied the report.

“[The] 2022 Ford Broncos will continue to be built with navigation,” Cadiz told Carscoops. “We are looking at many options to help get vehicles to our customers sooner during this global shortage of semiconductor chips.”

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/04/f...-will-lose-optional-navigation-system-in-may/

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point it's all speculation other than the "Navigation Removal - Required Option"
Ford Bronco Bronco losing navigation (temporarily due to chip shortage) 1649335762285

For the Job 2 updates in the latest order guide
Ford Bronco Bronco losing navigation (temporarily due to chip shortage) 1649335865732

The Ford Authority report came from here, in the order guide thread where it was first noticed

All other reports seem to just refernce the Ford Authority report , so esentially anything posted here is just circular.

Hopefully the press about this will get Ford to explain what that means

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The amount of time I have used my Ford navigation in Six years would be zero. Android or Apple auto with a downloaded map if going out to the boonies never fails.

Honestly the vehicles would be better without it anyways.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have Factory Nav in my 2013 Accord. I've used it once or twice a year. There are far superior options on my mobile. While I don't have an issue with them removing it, I would expect to see some sort of credit.

Sponsored

abisen

Badlands
First Name
Anand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will just ask my dealer to 99 my order and wait for nav to get back. It’s looking more likely that by the time my order can be processed new 4Runner would be announced.

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's another, "My dealer said", story. I am scheduled for a 5/2 build week so according to Ford Authority News, my build would be affected and factory Nav removed(OBX w/Lux). When I sent my sales person a text yesterday to find out what is going to happen with my build, he replied with, "you have a good chance to have navigation". I didn't ask for clarification but the way I read it, Ford isn't sure yet what they are going to do and the dealers are in standby mode until a confirmation from Ford itself to pass down to their customers. Only time will tell if I get factory Nav or not. 5/2 build week is right around the corner.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whether or not this is true….

Ford Authority first reported that the navigation system on 2022 Ford Broncosbuilt after May 2 would lose the option of a factory navigation system, citing sources familiar with the matter. When asked, though, Ford spokesperson Jiyan Cadiz denied the report.

“[The] 2022 Ford Broncos will continue to be built with navigation,” Cadiz told Carscoops. “We are looking at many options to help get vehicles to our customers sooner during this global shortage of semiconductor chips.”

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/04/f...-will-lose-optional-navigation-system-in-may/
Then someone should have asked Jiyan Cadiz to explain why the order guide says different.

You can't have it both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.