Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They shouldn’t have raised MSRP so much. My exact build 21 Badlands is like $8k more now if you buy a new one. I would not be a Bronco buyer now because I don’t think my Bronco is worth mid $50k and I don’t want to settle for a lower model. If I didn’t already have the 21 , I wouldn’t be shopping for a Bronco.

did Jeep jack up their MSRPs?

and while I’m at it a Braptor for almost $100k MSRP is a complete joke.
I think most would agree. My original BL 4dr 2021 order was just a tick over 52k, I only jumped on a different train because I felt it was the right thing to do which worked out, but cost me 20k to do it. This last year after March I would not be paying the inflated prices on top of taking a bath on finance.
Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Too much to read.
My 2.7 cents

1. There is no way anyone should put a 4Runner in this mix. Nope, nope, nope.
2. There is no way anyone should think that in 3 years Ford would/could unseat Jeep in this market space.
3. Ford will always prioritize truck sales over everything else. That is their bread and butter.
4. The Bronco is/was created as a production line filler, it took off early and in a crazy way, but I don't see that changing anytime soon.
5. It was never going to maintain the crazy demand forever.
5. None of this matters. Everything ebbs and flows.

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Except they are not. Why do people spout this nonsense? Sales so far in 2024 are just a hair better than 2023 and expected to stay that way the rest of the year. People just aren't throwing money at toys like the Bronco - which I love but for $55K+ there are vastly better options for families.

https://www.coxautoinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Q1-2024-Update-Cox-Automotive-Forecasts.pdf
From Virginia to Idaho to South Carolina, auto sales are in fact slowing.

Last edited:

Kevin Scarbel

Everglades
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Too much to read.
My 2.7 cents

1. There is no way anyone should put a 4Runner in this mix. Nope, nope, nope.
2. There is no way anyone should think that in 3 years Ford would/could unseat Jeep in this market space.
3. Ford will always prioritize truck sales over everything else. That is their bread and butter.
4. The Bronco is/was created as a production line filler, it took off early and in a crazy way, but I don't see that changing anytime soon.
5. It was never going to maintain the crazy demand forever.
5. None of this matters. Everything ebbs and flows.
Why is the new Toyota 4Runner being pumped under "trending forum topics" on a Bronco website ?

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

From Virginia to Idaho to South Caroline, auto sales are in fact slowing.
No. Consumers are changing their tastes. Sales YoY have inched up 3-5%.

All carmakers posted growth except for Stellantis (by 10% not a surprise). Toyota even posted a 20% YoY increase. Carmakers are just building overpriced crap that consumers don't want. But those building affordable cars or good value cars... are selling them instantly.

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-motor-north-america-reports-march-first-quarter-2024-u-s-sales/

Look at what folks are buying now... Corollas, RAV4s, Escapes, etc.

Ford Bronco Bronco Market Share down to 25%, while Jeep is 40% and 4Runner 35% 1712597822168-4a

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This, in and off itself, does not indicate Ford is in trouble. But what does is Ford's overall lack of quality, idiotic price increases, horrid market conditions and Ford's internal S&O plan that is forcing gas cars to make up for the major losses their all electric cars are making for them.

That said, I still think the Wrangler is going to keep it's position as the top place in this segment, despite their own stupid price increases.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This, in and off itself, does not indicate Ford is in trouble. But what does is Ford's overall lack of quality, idiotic price increases, horrid market conditions and Ford's internal S&O plan that is forcing gas cars to make up for the major losses their all electric cars are making for them.

That said, I still think the Wrangler is going to keep it's position as the top place in this segment, despite their own stupid price increases.
I dunno... Bronco sales (24K) outnumber pure gas Wrangler sales (38K - 19K) in Q1. Jeep has so overpriced the gas Wrangler than folks are buying the heavily incentivized 4xe version instead.

"The two best-selling models are the Jeep Wrangler 4xe (19,090) and Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe (12,660). In total, Stellantis put four models among the top five best-selling PHEVs in the U.S. in Q1"

https://insideevs.com/news/715209/stellantis-phev-sales-2024q1

New LandCruiser will push Bronco and Wrangler sales down further.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
At the same time, Ford cut F-150 Lightning production in half and offered alternative work for those affected over in Wayne with the creation of a third shift for Bronco production.
Got my oil changed last weekend. Wandered the lot while waiting. Dealership had 24 Lightnings on the lot. Medium size city dealership, not one of the big boys.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Look at what folks are buying now... Corollas, RAV4s, Escapes, etc.
Gas (locally) hit over $4/gallon last week. Nobody should be surprised that sales are up on econoboxes.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A loyal Toyota fan who is now driving a Bronco.

I agree with previous posters mentioning that there was no way that the Bronco was going to upseat the Wrangler in 3 years. You were underestimating the Jeep loyalists that have been doing it for decades. Rome was not built in a day.

Ford IMHO shot themselves in the foot during the early days by mistreating their followers. Throwing out all of the plans they normally offer to past/great customers was not wise. I read too many posts on this forum, especially in the early days, where previous Ford owners felt betrayed by Mother Ford.

I love my Bronco but it lacks the quiet comfort that most people want out of their vehicles. In the end only a certain percentage of drivers in the US want an off road capable vehicle.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my coyote makes 418 tq, but if you know the peak rpm is higher than these small T/TT engines where you need it for offroad. I consider a 302/5.0L engine small :)
An equivalent 3.5 liter V8 (like my F355 has) makes about 280 ft/lbs of peak torque. It is an absolute blast, but it's no torque monster. Where as my TT v6 3.5 Ecoboost in my F-150 makes more than 400 ft/lbs of torque. Same displacement, but very different nature, I love both of them for very different reasons.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs