TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well a BL with Leather removes the washout floor and adds carpet.
I actually did not know this! Never had any interest in leather, so I guess I never looked into it. Well played!
Sponsored

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I really donā€™t see the point this thread is trying to make. You go on fordā€™s site and itā€™s 6 versions plus first edition. You go on Bronco nation and itā€™s the same. You look at the press packages and it is the same.

Base: ford doesnā€™t actually want you to buy this, but wants to advertise that low price

Big Bend: to upsell the potential base buyer with ā€œluxuriesā€ like a rear locker or heated seats

black diamand: to upsell the base model buyer to get a ā€œreal broncoā€

outer banks: for the person who is buying the bronco for the style and not off-road performance (hey man that 4 door convertible will look pretty slick at the beach or mall)

Badlands: for the person who wants that sway bar disconnect and factory plates

wildtrak: it has mid package, v6, and sasquach standard. Itā€™s for someone who wants a true performance 4x4, but has zero interest in taking it over rocks.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All car companies create their models with pushing upgrades in mind. I knew this going in but I don't need a 12" screen. I'm 58 not 88 (nothing personal to those who want the big screen). I was in sales for years and the best sales tactic is the "take away close". Works almost everytime.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This seems like another Ford is screwing us, because we can't get everything we want on the cheapest trim gripe. Its a revelation that Ford is in this to make money? Good lord, who actually needs to be told that?

This is a circle jerk and once again I find myself posting on this. I have to blame myself on this one.

Salty Monday for me.
It's not meant as a gripe thread. It's a response for gripe threads in an odd sort of backwards way. šŸ˜ I hope it helps people.

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford's ultimate responsibility is to generate a profit and to their bottom line. Do they care about the customer and creating brand loyalty? Absolutely! Do they care more about the FE buyer than the Base buyer? Probably not. Ford knows they will have customers that are dead-set on what they want/ordered and others who will waiver and spend more money. Apple does the same thing with the iPhone. You can get the lower end 'model' with less storage and not as many features or for more $$ get the better/best phone with the amazing camera that will still have everyone debating pictures of what Cactus Gray really looks like. :unsure:

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure this all makes sense; I m sure the model range, package combos is carefully crafted so no-one walks
Perfect world customization would make them a lot more expensive.
Wouldnā€™t a perfect world be just a Bronco trim that you could add anything to? Not a trim that they restrict certain packages?

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well isnā€™t that the norm with just about any vehicle you order?
I guess I donā€™t get any of them being non models??
Wouldnā€™t it be freaking awesome if you could jus order exactly what ya want?
I built out every model and stopped any the BD because I got what I want and decided the extra couple items like the 12in screen and cameras I really didnā€™t need. I do wish they could figure out how to add electric seats with marine grade vinyl....
I think the point he was making is that theyā€™re unnecessary. You could have had less trims and offered the same customization.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are only 2 'models': Bronco, and Bronco Sport. Everything else are just combinations of options that are grouped together. Whatever 'trim' you get on your chosen model, It's still the same car with different stuff added.

Getting locked out of certain options is nothing new. It sucks, but Ford didn't just come up with this in the Bronco.
Only 2 models? But I thought Bronco is a brand. ;)

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like other Ford products, the dealer at time of order has a freer hand at ā€œ buying down or upā€ options. For example, I will be surprised if one canā€™t order rubber floors in a model that doesnā€™t have them as standard. You can do this sort of thing with the F series pick ups. The dealers order site is a lot more ā€œ acceptableā€, then the build and price page we find on line. Personally, if I go with the OBX, I will tell them I want rubber floors and black fender flares instead of the body color ones. I will also try and get the MGV interior found in the BL put in the OBX. Like I said, I have done this with various F 150 trucks without an issue. There are limits of course, but alterations have been possible in my experience.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like other Ford products, the dealer at time of order has a freer hand at ā€œ buying down or upā€ options. For example, I will be surprised if one canā€™t order rubber floors in a model that doesnā€™t have them as standard. You can do this sort of thing with the F series pick ups. The dealers order site is a lot more ā€œ acceptableā€, then the build and price page we find on line. Personally, if I go with the OBX, I will tell them I want rubber floors and black fender flares instead of the body color ones. I will also try and get the MGV interior found in the BL put in the OBX. Like I said, I have done this with various F 150 trucks without an issue. There are limits of course, but alterations have been possible in my experience.
Congrats! You just blew up the phone lines of every dealer with customers on this site. :LOL:

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry but WT is the biggest non model ever. It literally has no purpose except to grab people that think they are getting the best model. It does NOTHING special. All it is is a less than desirable interior and black painted parts. Should have been a blackout package for the OBX and been done with it.
I do love those black wheels.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base: ford doesnā€™t actually want you to buy this, but wants to advertise that low price
This. Base squatch is as capable as any other unless you're a rock crawler. The rest is just stuff some folks need, want, and gotta have, but not necessarily everything in the package. Nothing wrong with it, but I am sure that virtually all of us would like to be able to buy anything on the menu a la carte...

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This. Base squatch is as capable as any other unless you're a rock crawler. The rest is just stuff some folks need, want, and gotta have, but not necessarily everything in the package. Nothing wrong with it, but I am sure that virtually all of us would like to be able to buy anything on the menu a la carte...
Are you making that comparison in reference to the base Sas not having the remote uncoupling of the front sway bar? Or are there other key differences between base Sas and the others in term of off-roading functionality?

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There seems to be a misconception about what the different Bronco models really are. Let me help. šŸ˜

To Ford, this is the model range:
  • BASE
  • OBX
  • BADLANDS
  • WILDTRAK
We can hem and haw about why certain combos and features are not offered on certain models, but the list above is your answer. The only way to bust out of this lineup (mechanically) is to get the Sasquatch package. Otherwise, accept your fate and make the best of it.
I always looked at the model range like this.

Base --> Black Diamond --> Badlands = more offroad/rock crawl models.
Big Bend --> Outer Banks --> Wildtrack = more on road/lux option models.

Wildtrack and Badlands blur the line between lux and offroad being top trims in each category.

I did not read all 5 pages before posting this.
Sponsored