Sponsored

Bronco Nearing Total Allocation for 2022?

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi guys

just got this email from my sales guy at a Ford dealer in Ontario, Canada. I'm part of the July 2020 reservation group thats still missing a VIN.

Has anyone else heard of this 'balancing out' that he is referring too? Did Ford send a memo out to anyone else's dealer?

Full Text:

Sorry if this is a repeat but I tried sending you a reply yesterday but seems like it got stuck in my outbox.

I completely agree with you on how Ford is dealing with early reservation holders, they should have done a better job communicating what is going on. Even for us at the dealership, getting answers to questions is like pulling teeth, we constantly get the run around. My suggestion if you really want a Bronco by summer is to order something without constraints, this way you will get it serialized and built the quickest possible. Then hopefully by next year, when all of this craziness dies down you can trade it in and get what you really want. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear but it's my best suggestion to get you into a Bronco ASAP. There was a memo that just came out that the 2022 Broncos are going to balance out soon as they can't keep up with the demand. This is only one out of 9 vehicles for 2022/2023 that is already balancing out and we are just in January. I'm at a lost for words one what is going on. If you want I can refund the deposit and cancel your order. Let me know if you have any questions

Edit1:

"Balanced Out means:

scheduling will continue but retail orders are quickly approaching our
total allocation for the model year.
Customers may not be able to fill current model year orders."

View attachment 254754

Edit2: Removed contact info

Ford Bronco Bronco Nearing Total Allocation for 2022? 588F4EA5-987A-4BF6-B4BC-B2FEE9A596B3

Ford Bronco Bronco Nearing Total Allocation for 2022? AB62C39E-145F-4EE4-92EE-F223B437D4BB
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Someone explain to me what “balance out” means. They’ll have the entire 2022 model year scheduled and there is a risk of high constraint builds rolling to 2023?

OP
OP
DieselSmack

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone explain to me what “balance out” means. They’ll have the entire 2022 model year scheduled and there is a risk of high constraint builds rolling to 2023?
This is what i'm getting from this email. But I have no idea what 'Balance Out' means as-well..

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What will they do if 2022 is “balanced out”? Stop taking orders for 2022?
My wife and shopped 6 dealerships (all different brands) over the weekend, as she is looking to replace her BMW. None had a new sedan to test drive, and all said for new we’d have to order and wait at least six months for a build. The whole industry is messed up. The big local Lexus dealer had only two new cars on their lot, both in the showroom.

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I need to see this Memo :unsure:

I have nothing on my feed for this, it sounds like speculation, but props to your Bronco Salesmen for at least preparing you.

I can say that there are probably over 80k orders in the Ford system, there is no way they fulfil those for 2022 MY. Please keep in mind that if you go to a MY23, it doesn't mean you're for sure waiting until 2023. It is very common for the MY to be a year ahead of our current actual year. It is some stupid mentality the Auto Industry made.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DieselSmack

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another reply.

Hardtop isn’t the only constraint, trailer tow, modular bumper,
Sasquatch Pkg and other options/model are also on commodity
restrictions. Bronco’s are not the only vehicle to have commodity
restrictions, almost every vehicle has something due to the suppliers.

Balanced Out means:

Customers may not be able to fill current model year orders.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Another reply.

View attachment 254681 Hardtop isn’t the only constraint, trailer tow, modular bumper,
Sasquatch Pkg and other options/model are also on commodity
restrictions. Bronco’s are not the only vehicle to have commodity
restrictions, almost every vehicle has something due to the suppliers.

Balanced Out means:

Customers may not be able to fill current model year orders.
My interpretation is new orders will not be able to be placed (like Maverick), which is very different than your existing order may not be able to be scheduled.

Which, I think we would all welcome a freeze on new orders until most existing orders are scheduled.

And yes we all could roll to four door soft tops and try trading in in 2023 for a two door Heritage but the trade in values for a four door soft top would then be “constrained”.

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I think Ford worries about production outages if they stop taking low-end, walk-in orders that they can currently build. I'll leave it at that.

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think he may be talking about the allocation for this specific dealership, as opposed to total allocations across all dealerships. I've read (on this forum) about many dealerships having hundreds of reservations, and only getting a 2022 allocation of, say, a hundred.

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Customers may not be able to fill current model year orders." Literally wtf does this mean? LOL!!

If I understand correctly: Now CUSTOMERS need to build the Broncos? This will never work!! :ROFLMAO:

Critical writing skills are unendingly underappreciated.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm either buying the Bronco I ordered or the redesigned 4Runner, whichever hits my driveway first is the winner. I've already been soured on Ford products and regardless of outcome I'm done with Ford after the Bronco nightmare.

It is absolute INSANITY that even some day 1 reservations won't be filled when Ford will have had 1.5 model years to build the damn things if they just went down the list in timestamp.

I want success for the Bronco but I hope some decision makers at Ford are fired over this launch.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm either buying the Bronco I ordered or the redesigned 4Runner, whichever hits my driveway first is the winner. I've already been soured on Ford products and regardless of outcome I'm done with Ford after the Bronco nightmare.

It is absolute INSANITY that even some day 1 reservations won't be filled when Ford will have had 1.5 model years to build the damn things if they just went down the list in timestamp.

I want success for the Bronco but I hope some decision makers at Ford are fired over this launch.
The new Sequoia is lookin better and better..

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the dealership allocation, and not a Ford thing, is how I read that. Interesting that they are also suggesting what many others have done, just order a non-constrained Bronco and apparently they can get that filled. Those two statements seem to contradict each other. "Our allocation is almost full, but if you order a Big Bend soft top without tow, we can get you in that."

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend