First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, since you don't have a Bronco yet... I'd just look for one like mine. Mine was a late 2022 (October) Base 2Dr build with V6/Auto. I've only got 4500 miles on it and it has always been garage kept. Hardly broke in.

Just checked... there are two 2023 "Base" listed in the LA area (a 2dr + 4dr). Heck, the 2Dr only has 1400 miles on it and its a SAS package for < $47000. Just go "slightly used" and your problem is solved.

I don't know why a "dealer" is necessary. Just an AutoCheck or Carfax report. I checked for these on Carfax.
Thanks for the reply! and thanks for taking the time to look around. To your question of why a dealer is necessary the answer is bc it needs to be a lease. If you want to know why does it need to be a lease I can explain on DM as it doesn't add much to the thread :)
Sponsored

Saltwater Junkie

Outer Banks
First Name
Sir Fishin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 7.3 F350, 22 7.3 F350, 23 2.7 BRONCO OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After reading all 4 pages.. I feel like i just watched an episode of Big Bang Theory :unsure:

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, like many of you, Iā€™ve had vehicles with leather and my steering wheel and shifter donā€™t feel like the real stuff.

Iā€™ve got the MGV interior and didnā€™t want leather in my Bronco at all because Ford leather. Guess I have it anyway, but a decent vinyl coating would be easier to care for. But, this past summer, there I was rubbing leather cleaner and conditioner on this wheel while rolling my eyes at how fake it felt. :rolleyes:

Now I need to see a Base shifter and feel the wheel. Are they coated with anything?
Nope. Not coated. The wheel is sort of a firm rubbery material. Feels odd in the hand. It took awhile to get used to, but eventually you don't notice. The shifter feels nicer.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
S&M experience gone wrong :unsure: :LOL:

Wheel is suppose to be leather, but looks and feels like vinyl. Shifter is leather. Leather trimmed seatsā€¦.feels and looks like simulated leather. The truck did not have a leather smell, like my other cars, when new. If Ford says itā€™s leather and you have a preference for no leather, take their word for it to play it safe. Good luck.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi friends,
I've spent dozens of hours researching this topic, however I've not found anyone yet who could answer with certainty. Let's see if I have some luck here ^_^'

I'm looking for a Bronco "straight from the dealer" without any leather in the interior, but it seems impossible :(. After lots of research apparently every single Bronco now officially has at least:
  • leather steering wheel
  • leather gear knob
You can see this on any Window Sticker as "LTHR GEAR KNOB/STR WHEEL". (For example: here)

My question is:
can any of you Bronco owners confirm if the leather on your steering wheel and gear knob is real leather? I know some manufacturers call it leather even if it's pu leather/pleather/leatherette/etc. but I'm not sure what's the case here. I have read forums, asked dealers and even asked Ford Customer Service... and I'm still not clear.

Thanks in advance.

šŸ™
Look for a used ā€œBaseā€ Bronco as I know the steering wheel is plastic. Canā€™t offer info on the gear shift knob though.

Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes... but like Big Bang Theory... you had to read all four pages to the end.

I personally think it is more like Seinfield.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the reply! and thanks for taking the time to look around. To your question of why a dealer is necessary the answer is bc it needs to be a lease. If you want to know why does it need to be a lease I can explain on DM as it doesn't add much to the thread :)
IMO there are too many issues with your acquisition needs for the Bronco for your desired build to be accomplished.
1) If it requires to be a lease, you most likely will have to convert the replacement steering wheel and shifter back to stock configuration. With a lease, you donā€™t own the vehicle, you are just a long term renter.
2) The base model likely has less function buttons on it as compared with other upscale trim models, thus trading steering wheels may not be a viable option due to the feature differences that are controlled via the steering wheel.
3) The gear shift knob has upshift and downshift buttons on the side making replacement of a different type more difficult.
4) As you have mentioned that 7 Ford dealers have given negative answers to your desired configuration question, I think itā€™s time to move on. There are safety (air bag) and product liability (changing out trim configuration items) issues that a dealer wonā€™t want to assume (which includes Ford Motor Co). To go along with that, since you require a lease, the leasing company as the vehicle owner has final say over what you can and cannot do with the vehicle.
5) If you really want to consider the pursuit of this, as you appear to be in the LA area, call Kearney Mesa Ford in San Diego as they have there own dedicated collision center on the premises that can talk you through the issues of your request.
Good luck!

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Troll?

Ford Bronco Bronco NO LEATHER... is it possible? 1705416343767

OP
OP

Meow808

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope, but to clear the reasonable doubt i'm attaching an extract from an old conversation with Ford on 9/15/23 regarding a similar question. I asked if there was a way of getting it NO leather, now I was asking here if it was REAL leather.

Thanks yall

B6G_01_Screenshot-2024-01-15-at-7.37.14ā€ÆAM.jpg

B6G_02_Screenshot-2024-01-15-at-7.37.14ā€ÆAM.jpg

OP
OP

Meow808

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
IMO there are too many issues with your acquisition needs for the Bronco for your desired build to be accomplished.
(...)
Thanks so much Larry, your message keeping it real is very welcome. I do have a tendency to push for "way too hard to achieve things" when I'm really interested in them. Sometimes all the invested time goes to waste but sometimes the push is very worth. In my case it was this or a new Wrangler, so I was just doing my due diligence before marking it as a lost cause, but I think this is it, next gen I guess ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Also a quick note re: points 2 and 3 In case it helps potential future readers: both OEM parts from the Original Bronco base (MB3Z7213AA and M2DZ3600AB) appear as "Fits these vehicles: Ford Bronco 2021 - 2024" in the official Ford parts site, so it should theoretically work. However your message triggered a more extensive test that was me inputing some 2024 Bronco VINs from the Inventory page and all came out as "it doesn't fit". I have a few theories and things to check but they are pointless at this step.

Thanks yall again.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Meow808

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks! You might be right.

As I said and Larry highlighted above: Lease is a must. I'm industry ignorant but my current understanding is that leases are always arranged thru the dealer, so cargurus, carmax, carfax, etc. I guess not an option.

I feel like you're making this harder than it needs to be. Plenty of new base models for sale if you do a nationwide search and it used to be you could go to a dealer and they'd do the legwork for you.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/s...d320&zip=66061#listing=373608862/NONE/DEFAULT

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi friends,
I've spent dozens of hours researching this topic, however I've not found anyone yet who could answer with certainty. Let's see if I have some luck here ^_^'

I'm looking for a Bronco "straight from the dealer" without any leather in the interior, but it seems impossible :(. After lots of research apparently every single Bronco now officially has at least:
  • leather steering wheel
  • leather gear knob
You can see this on any Window Sticker as "LTHR GEAR KNOB/STR WHEEL". (For example: here)

My question is:
can any of you Bronco owners confirm if the leather on your steering wheel and gear knob is real leather? I know some manufacturers call it leather even if it's pu leather/pleather/leatherette/etc. but I'm not sure what's the case here. I have read forums, asked dealers and even asked Ford Customer Service... and I'm still not clear.

Thanks in advance.

šŸ™
Iā€™m sure it was offered, but I will gladly trade you my normal steering wheel and cloth seats if youā€™re near Vegas.

DemonGT

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How do you ride in other peoples cars that likely have leather?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! You might be right.

As I said and Larry highlighted above: Lease is a must. I'm industry ignorant but my current understanding is that leases are always arranged thru the dealer, so cargurus, carmax, carfax, etc. I guess not an option.
Dallas has several non-dealer leasing companies. One of them has a ton of radio commercials, which is how I know... šŸ˜± lol Like, too many.
Sponsored