First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This whole trip was a disaster. Flight diverted to LA, missed Jelly Roll ($490) rodeo event was cancelled 9/2 with guest ($1200) no contact from ford on refund till it can be rescheduled. Decided we didn’t need the rental so we Uber to the cosmopolitan and driver forgot to cancel ride till 2+hrs later. Got charged $124 and had to get fixed all on our first night Friday 9/1. We chalked it up and said let’s have a good time. Then the hotel had 4 of the 6 elevators go out for the past two days so catching an elevator on average was 20-30min. To the point I took the stairs and it dumped me on the street just to make it to the marque day bar. The first 3 days the room wasn’t serviced so we asked to finally get it serviced. The shower clogged up the toilet clogged up and had to have it serviced yesterday. I think the best thing about this trip will be going back home today.

Off rodeo sent an email with a full refund so that is good news. I still plan to attend if possible future dates work.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dam

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hope you are not flying United... Your day just got worse if you are. ALL FLIGHTS CANCELLED TODAY.
Sorry your trip was a bust. Hope you can both go when you reschedule.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco Nation runs the Off-Rodeo -Not Ford Motor Co.

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm kinda leary on the whole rodeo thing.

Just seems like a better use of time and money would be just to watch one of the local groups on here near you for a meet and run. Then work with who ever is organizing it to show up and run what you brung or see if you can catch a ride.

On a side note when we had our FJ they had a summit every summer in Ouray for several years that was organized and ran by regular folk. It was awesome. They had classes for newbies, dinners included , organized trail runs, freebies, drawings for prizes (donated by vendors) and supported local charities with some of the profits. It died out after Toyota quit making the FJ and most of us went back to Jeeps.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@JetG
Man, not sure what a missed Jelly Roll is but that was an experience :whistle:.

I'm kinda leary on the whole rodeo thing.

Just seems like a better use of time and money would be just to watch one of the local groups on here near you for a meet and run. Then work with who ever is organizing it to show up and run what you brung or see if you can catch a ride.
The Rodeo is pretty good to get to know the features of the vehicle & how they work, but to go with guest is a rip off. And to go more than once is a waste.

YMMV 🤠

Sponsored
OP
OP

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Heard jelly roll was amazing and we missed an amazing show. Will be in Texas so will go then.

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck getting your money back, Off-Rodeo will say they are not affiliated with Ford and Ford will say they are not affiliated with Off-Rodeo.

I am still trying to dig in if point were used from for and get a refund on mine.

woodysfj40

Outer Banks
First Name
woody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BJ74, FZJ80, NCV3, JHF
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On a side note when we had our FJ they had a summit every summer in Ouray for several years that was organized and ran by regular folk. It was awesome. They had classes for newbies, dinners included , organized trail runs, freebies, drawings for prizes (donated by vendors) and supported local charities with some of the profits. It died out after Toyota quit making the FJ and most of us went back to Jeeps.
FJ Summit cancelled, but another event started. I've been spending summers in Ouray almost every year since 2007 :) Never had my own FJ, but attended with our FZJ80 and GX470 for years. And I did the "101" class ;)

There ARE quite a few Bronco-specific events popping up, great opportunity to learn the specifics of the 6G and wheel your own vehicle. We will likely be hitting a few.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man..that is alot to handle even if it is 1st world problems. My kid has a movie called "Luck" (animated film) and your trip matches the first 15 minutes of that video.

Sounds like you need to find a lucky penny from a magical cat!

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Yes, yes, we understand all that happened, Mrs. Lincoln...but did you enjoy the PLAY?"

Yikes - sorry to year the series of unfortunate events befell you. You need a vacation from your vacation.

This whole trip was a disaster. Flight diverted to LA, missed Jelly Roll ($490) rodeo event was cancelled 9/2 with guest ($1200) no contact from ford on refund till it can be rescheduled. Decided we didn’t need the rental so we Uber to the cosmopolitan and driver forgot to cancel ride till 2+hrs later. Got charged $124 and had to get fixed all on our first night Friday 9/1. We chalked it up and said let’s have a good time. Then the hotel had 4 of the 6 elevators go out for the past two days so catching an elevator on average was 20-30min. To the point I took the stairs and it dumped me on the street just to make it to the marque day bar. The first 3 days the room wasn’t serviced so we asked to finally get it serviced. The shower clogged up the toilet clogged up and had to have it serviced yesterday. I think the best thing about this trip will be going back home today.

Then contact my cc to dispute the charge for ford since they have not contacted us, as previously stated my wife/guest might not be able to make a reschedule date. I might not be able to make a reschedule date.
Sponsored