NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m pretty sure the GM system in 2002 was the same in 4 Auto as 4 Hi, it just had the t-case act as a center diff to allow the front and rear axles to rotate at different speeds when cornering. It wasn’t high tech by any means.
No auto 4wd means it was in 2wd mode up until the point traction was lost, at that point it would temporarily engage 4hi. It would bind when turning just like a normal 4hi would do.

No it’s not high tech at all, and neither is the system in the Bronco.
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
For performance pickup truck to even stroke my interest now a days they have to have 700+hp. Or a diesel with tons of torque.

There mainly a one trick pony. Not really good for technical or real Off Roading. Sure if you live out West or have sand dunes close by you can really rear it up. But other then that there just an on road powerful heavy truck with some cool factor. And they cost a ton of money.

For my money I want something like the Bronco that I can really use for extreme Off-roading and to take me places 90% of vehicles can never get to. Plus the aftermarket and accessories will be insane. But most importantly its affordable.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
raptor is out of my price range so Bronco it is. Plus an F-150 won't fit in my garage lol. No way I am shelling out almost 70K for a vehicle and parking it outside year round.

However if I could afford it, and had a garage spot for it. that would be a tough choice. I think I would probably go Bronco still, removable doors and roof being the decisive factor

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For performance pickup truck to even stroke my interest now a days they have to have 700+hp. Or a diesel with tons of torque.

There mainly a one trick pony. Not really good for technical or real Off Roading. Sure if you live out West or have sand dunes close by you can really rear it up. But other then that there just an on road powerful heavy truck with some cool factor. And they cost a ton of money.

For my money I want something like the Bronco that I can really use for extreme Off-roading and to take me places 90% of vehicles can never get to. Plus the aftermarket and accessories will be insane. But most importantly its affordable.
I agree 100%. For me the F-150 Raptor is just an expensive toy. Reduced payload and capability and still not great off-road. It doesn’t really do anything exceptionally well. Or for 40K you can get a Bronco Badlands and have something really capable and fun for the trails, yet still fun, comfortable, and powerful enough for the road.
Sponsored