TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clearly the mom wrote that.. She has her Facebook locked down now and I’m assuming has taken lots of heat on this.
I like how they threw a kid under the bus lol

either way Bronco has brought a lot of new people to the off road world so things like this can happen. I would hope bronco safari is discussing topics like this before trail rides

I bet the Finn clan will not gravity up any more National areas
That's what I was thinking, no teenaged daughter has the urge to publicize their family, they almost always want nothing to do with them. Mothers on the other hand...

I initially thought people were overreacting to a removable chalk drawing but the more I think about it, the more I think it's for the best that this narcissistic "It's not worth doing if no one sees me do it," behavior be loudly discouraged, particularly outdoors where it only takes one self-centered person who thinks they're the exception to the rules to permanently damage something. Maybe this will keep more of them off the trails.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not going to pile on - the online mobs are too much as it is in today’s world. I’m sure they’re feeling the heat if they’ve locked their social media.

Hopefully they learned a valuable lesson and their experience taught someone who might come across the story the same lesson without the same consequences. Social learning.

I’m very much leave no trace. Even compostable things I pack out. In the grand scheme of things, however, this will be ok. It’s fixable. The vandalism of ancient art or when someone knocks over a standing boulder are more heart breaking. It doesn’t fully excuse this family but just gives some perspective.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I doubt a child/teenager did that. I don't know any that know cursive these days. And, if that child did know cursive, they sure as hell wouldn't waste their time writing that - it would likely be something more entertaining.

That the family tried to throw their own child under the bus is even worse than sodomizing a rock.

Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BroncoJoerg

Badlands
First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This screams pretentious, ooh look at us we are the Finn fam, not a good look for Bronco owners.
Yup, and they admitted that they let the kid go ahead so that pictures could be taken which, no doubt, they intended to post on social media. People today are exhibiting behavior like this just to get their 15 minutes of internet fame.

Sponsored

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Is there a way we could show that this is a jeep guy that's infiltrated the bronco group?

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm with you. Natives and pioneers drew on rocks and it's considered history. I don't want to encourage people to deface public property, but in the grand scheme of things, what was done there was pretty small potatoes.
No, not really. We go out to explore and enjoy nature. If I want to see graffiti I would go into Seattle which makes the place look like hell. Tagging in a national park is so wrong on so many levels.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a way we could show that this is a jeep guy that's infiltrated the bronco group?
The only way to be sure is to check her purse for either plastic ducks, or bucks.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dang, so many people quick to judge and demonize this family. A little kindness, patience and understanding goes a long way.

This may come as a shock to some, but "leave no trace" is not exactly common knowledge and is, as others have pointed out, a nebulous concept at best. Many people would not immediately equate this to vandalism, especially in a world where so many family vacation spots actively encourage people to make their mark or leave something behind/take a souvenir. And it's obvious there was no malicious intent here.

Now, was this a teachable moment? Yes. But did the family do the right thing once their error was made known? Yes. I'm actually impressed that they took accountability, contacted the appropriate agency, paid the fine, admitted their lapse in judgement, issued a sincere apology, and promised to do better. That is the correct response.

Equally impressive? Families who still spend time together. Teenagers who actually know cursive. People humble enough to admit their mistakes.

CYA is not an acceptable excuse for wanton stupidity.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

what are the odds the mom on this trip did that? then blamed the kid