Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If FORD offered an old school Bronco edition I would get it. V8 with a manual transmission, rubber floors and marine grade vinyl interior, manual windows, no flatscreen, no nanny devices, And no auto stop start. Only modern conveniences I would want is led lightin, air-conditioning and anti-lock brakes. Iā€™ve owned vehicles with all the modern conveniences and you just kind of get used to them but recently I bought my elderly neighborā€˜s old XJ as I wait on my new Bronco and Iā€™ll be honest Iā€™m completely comfortable with all its old-school reliable no-frills and all off-road fun ?

OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got a few sentences into the OP and just went "OK boomer" and started reading the responses.

The original Bronco cost $2194 according to Wikipedia. Using an inflation calculator that is $18,046.59, I can't think of much in that price range that I'd want to own A base 2 door costs near as makes no difference $30,000. That's in line with the Wrangler and even in line with the 2 convertible cars I looked up.

With the price difference between the original and the 2021 you get an engine that is better in every way, won't need maintenance other than oil changes for more than 100,000 miles. A body that isn't made of foil and will protect you in a crash. Air conditioning, a ride that won't beat you up on a long road trip, some sound deadening among other things.
You messed up the Boomer thing too. @Aggro please fix him up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Down I-75 from you just a tad, on top a hill near Emerson.
Down in Emerson, travel baseball capital of the South!

Got friends that drive their kids down there 2-3 times a week 4-5 mos out of the year for practices not to mention tournaments. I think they're crazy but they persist. Pretty country down there with those rolling hills.

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
TLDR.

Complaining about advancements in technology in the world really just shows your age when you use that as an insult to people younger than you.

By your logic we should go back to cabins because we donā€™t need running water, electricity or cars. Why donā€™t you have a horse and carriage? Your ancestors think youā€™re a wuss.
Cabins??? Youuu fan-cee sissy!
We should go back to huts made by stacking cow dung mixed with straw.
And rub two sticks together to make a fire.

Wooden cabins......grumble......

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct on both accounts. I'm actually about 10 miles west of there. The nice thing about LakePointe is it brought in a Chick Fil A.

We moved up here from FL, where travel ball is 12 months per year. Ugh.

Down in Emerson, travel baseball capital of the South!

Got friends that drive their kids down there 2-3 times a week 4-5 mos out of the year for practices not to mention tournaments. I think they're crazy but they persist. Pretty country down there with those rolling hills.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Boomers swooped in, sucked this country dry for years, and now they're laughing in the wake of the ruins they have left.

/s

Last edited:

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hard disagree. If I wanted the old one, Iā€™d get an old one. Worse performance, worse gas mileage, harder ride, lack of safety features, low tech, no creature comforts. Iā€™m buying a $40k truck in 2021, I want 2021 creature comforts, safety and ride quality that reflect the price point. If Ford thought like you, theyā€™d be out of business already. Even everything Sync 4 offers along with the auto driver assist packages pale in comparison to the kind of tech in a Tesla and all of the legacy companies are shitting in their pants right now trying to catch up with automation and electrification after over a decade of ignoring it.

I bought Ford at $6 a share and preordered a Bronco hoping they turn it around because I love their products and feel like they beat out the other American car companies by a mile. Theyā€™re reliable and have nicer design both inside and out while also having solid performance in every category they compete in. That being said, I think they know this is the last hoorah of big gas hungry vehicles. If there was a hybrid option, Iā€™d be all over it and Iā€™m second guessing my preorder because I know one is right around the corner. Even that is just a stopgap until full electric takes over. The electric Mustang Mach E and the Bronco are going to have to knock it out of the park to turn things around for their future because sitting on a pile of cash without competing in the next wave of technology will only last a company so long. The electric F150 and electric Mustang are coming very soon too but will the F150 still dominate their market with all the electric truck competition in the next couple of years? The Rivian investment should help hopefully. They need to listen to the future and pack as much innovation as they can. The old tough guys donā€™t carry a company afloat. Itā€™s the high tech mall crawlers that keep Wranglers in production. It will be the same for the Bronco. I also invested in Tesla, but not nearly as cheap as I should have. But at least it was before the split.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like luxuries as well but I agree with the OP (I think he implied this?) in the sense that there is often an inappropriate level of reaction to some of the luxuries not being available. Some seem nearly outraged and personally offended that Ford has not offered the one particular luxury that they want.

Overall this is a great package. There are many extras that you don't get in other vehicles in the same price range. There are bound to be some things missing as well. It's good to let Ford know what you want. They need to hear feedback. Just seems to be a little too strong of a reaction sometimes IMHO.
Sponsored