zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The OP lives in a house on the side of a mountain that he bought. Himself. The house. Not the mountain. He works on it with tools that he purchased himself. . . at ACE Hardware. He does go out and kill deer, ducks, dove (dove season opens in 11 days and I've got a five acre sunflower/corn field birds are pouring into currently) to help feed his family. He does in fact pick many quarts of wild blackberries on his farm and makes a mean cobbler. Blueberry bushes are being planted this fall.
You live in a house you did not make yourself!:rolleyes:
You use tools bought at a hardware store!?
Yup your pappy’s right callin’ you out as the yuppie softy that needs tools that only city folk use instead of your teeth and claws!!?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

A Bronco is going to be many different things to many different people but the breed/brand is hard and outdoorsy. It's not refinement and luxury. It's rugged and rough around the edges. It is not skinny jeans sipping a latte on the way to spin class . . . it's wearing carharts with some black coffee on the way to spend time in the outdoors on a mountain bike. So behave accordingly.

Just one grumpy old man opinion. Rant is over. Now, get off my lawn. ;-)
I don't think we know what the 6G Bronco is, but I would agree with you that is the concept of what a Bronco was.

Ford is a lot like Walmart or McDonalds. Their sales decisions are primarily about volume, not quality; and despite some of their marketing they aren't really about capability either, just the "on paper" perception of it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm one of those grumpy old farts myself. But, I think I would label myself spoiled by all those little niceties rather than going soft. I keep running my own little first world problem through my head, which is do I just get the base trim as it's all I really need, or should I move up to the Big Bend because I can get heated seats, auto HVAC, reverse sensors, blah, blah blah. Lord knows I don't need all those things, but I just can't get it out of my mind that I want all those things. :)

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Going back and re reading the OP. The one hill I will die on with some of the guys is the garage door opener lol

Yes that is a very minor inconvenience and by no means a deal breaker but the reason its a big deal to me is my 23K focus had it, my 29K Mazda had it....from the looks of it my almost 40K Bronco won't have it. I was also mad when we found out the wife's 2016 Explorer didn't have it either lol

I think part of it is more sticker shock than actual anger though lol

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The OP is from RInggold, so this might all be true.

Tough country up this way.

I'm sure the OP lives in a cave that he hand-carved out of the side of a cliff face, using tools that he hand-forged himself, he goes out and kills wild bear and boar every night for dinner, and forages the forest for berries and leaves for lunch.

This is one of the stupidest threads I've seen on this forum so far... it's called 'progress' - don't want it, go buy yourself a 1942 Jeep Willy's for your daily commute to work.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TLDR.

Complaining about advancements in technology in the world really just shows your age when you use that as an insult to people younger than you.

By your logic we should go back to cabins because we don’t need running water, electricity or cars. Why don’t you have a horse and carriage? Your ancestors think you’re a wuss.

Aggro

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On today's encore of "Boomers vs Zoomers" we have a true and tried argument: "These young folks should stop complaining about not getting the things that i didn't have when i was younger. Even if the price tag is double what it would have been for my dad and the technology in question has been standard for years."

CrazyDogLady

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I do agree with you on lots of points. I am getting the Badlands edition for the vinyl seats and rubber floor. BUT...I kind of think I look pretty good in my skinning jeans and hiking boots. ;)
See you on the trail. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On today's encore of "Boomers vs Zoomers" we have a true and tried argument: "These young folks should stop complaining about not getting the things that i didn't have when i was younger. Even if the price tag is double what it would have been for my dad and the technology in question has been standard for years."
It's like I keep telling my kids, 95% of the people you call Boomers are actual Gen X.

OP
OP
MCG DAWG

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The OP is from RInggold, so this might all be true.

Tough country up this way.
It's a hardscrbabble existence but we somehow make it. ;-)

Whereabouts are you up here in God's country?

jasonof2010

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata, Focus ST, GMC Sierra beater truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got a few sentences into the OP and just went "OK boomer" and started reading the responses.

The original Bronco cost $2194 according to Wikipedia. Using an inflation calculator that is $18,046.59, I can't think of much in that price range that I'd want to own A base 2 door costs near as makes no difference $30,000. That's in line with the Wrangler and even in line with the 2 convertible cars I looked up.

With the price difference between the original and the 2021 you get an engine that is better in every way, won't need maintenance other than oil changes for more than 100,000 miles. A body that isn't made of foil and will protect you in a crash. Air conditioning, a ride that won't beat you up on a long road trip, some sound deadening among other things.