JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco is the least of their worries, they are probably still a month away from full scale on the bronco, only doing some tooling tryouts to support the prebuilds right now. but F-150 is their bread and butter.
I think that assessment is probably where it stands. Like the cops always say, nothing to see here... move along.
Sponsored

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope I don't get anyone in trouble for sharing this, that's why I censored the post. But I know someone who works at Dearborn stamping and they shared that there was a fire on one of the cranes used for setting presses on the Bronco line.

I edited this post to remove their Facebook post as suggested by others here. I really hope that they can get this fixed soon.
Those new Broncos are 🔥. Now we have proof.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a very expensive and well engineered piece of kit at my agency. Years in development to make it “idiot proof.” It’s mission critical and must perform the first time every time in every possible operating condition.

One day someone managed to get it jammed up in a way that should not have been physically possible... but I had photographic evidence. I have tried to reproduce the problem to better understand it and trouble shoot, but I’ve never been successful.

I’m told those pictures now hang in the manufacturer's engineering department with the caption:

“These are the idiots you’re engineering for.”
I once asked a software developer to make some code idiot proof. He asked me "Do you want me to design it so the idiots can use the system or so they can't use the system?" I've kept that thought with me for the past 25 years.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone on FB said this was NOT the bronco production line and not at MAP but a different plant. I have no way of confirming that statement.
If it happened with stamping equipment, then it didn't happen at MAP. MAP is where assembly happens, not stamping.

I don't know the inner workings of their stamping, but considering the volumes and variety of parts produced, I would be shocked if only one machine could handle any particular part. I can't imagine having to shutdown the entire production of a vehicle because one machine producing one part broke.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, in other words, all of our orders are pushed to MY23...:sneaky:
In other news Reuters reports that Ford Motor Co. will be all electric starting in MY23.

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it happened with stamping equipment, then it didn't happen at MAP. MAP is where assembly happens, not stamping.

I don't know the inner workings of their stamping, but considering the volumes and variety of parts produced, I would be shocked if only one machine could handle any particular part. I can't imagine having to shutdown the entire production of a vehicle because one machine producing one part broke.
Here hoping it was only the machine that prints the stickers

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I once asked a software developer to make some code idiot proof. He asked me "Do you want me to design it so the idiots can use the system or so they can't use the system?" I've kept that thought with me for the past 25 years.
Here's a hyperbolic sketch I just made to illustrate what I spend a lot of time thinking about:

Ford Bronco Bronco production line equipment suffers fire IMG_88F0F13B3881-1

Last edited:

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was a process engineer at an automotive parts stamping facility (supplier, not OEM). Didn't see the photo, but I'm going to be inclined to say minor issue for a few reasons.

1) Most likely, they have multiple bridge cranes on the rail, so assuming there is no damage to the rail, its a matter of moving the crane out of the way and using one of the other cranes.

2) Even if they don't have another crane to use, someone mentioned the cranes were used to swap dies. If they are using a crane, that means rolling bolsters. Depending on the size of the press (once again did not see the picture) odds are the bolster can span multiple crane bays.

3) Let's say they can't get it under another crane, they can always always set the bolster with a forklift.

4) Rolling bolsters are used to speed up changeover time. While one set of dies are running, the other set is being switched out on a different bolster. Even in worse case scenario, it may change the time it takes to set up new dies, but not loose any production time because the press is still running while they do their setup on the next part.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL....I'm sure they can...But would probably take months to get one in.
My guess, they have more than one. No Company would operate without back-up equipment and risk million$ in lost sales due to failure of one piece of equipment.

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope I don't get anyone in trouble for sharing this, that's why I censored the post. But I know someone who works at Dearborn stamping and they shared that there was a fire on one of the cranes used for setting presses on the Bronco line.

I edited this post to remove their Facebook post as suggested by others here. I really hope that they can get this fixed soon.
So the fire was at Dearborn and not Wayne Assembly. That won't cause any harm to pre production assembly ay Wayne, maybe slow stampings for a few days to the Bronco line.

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

So the fire was at Dearborn and not Wayne Assembly. That won't cause any harm to pre production assembly ay Wayne, maybe slow stampings for a few days to the Bronco line.
Sponsored