First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This thread is expanding exponentially, and theres no way to catch up, so not sure if this has been asked/answered:

@PREMiERdrum Any news regarding the 2-door Broncos, either in regards to MIC issues experienced with the 4-door tops? Or if 2-door builds will be expedited since there are so much fewer, in relation to the 4-doors? Or if Ford is potentially planning on pushing all 2-door builds to MY22?
Looks to me like he gives all the info he has in his first post.... if he had info on the 2-doors... he would have said so... :)

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems odd you would reveal that you were off work last week AND the reason why you were off. As that could give an investigator a major clue as to your identity. 🤔
Premiere has been very open about who he is and what he does.

He's not a Ford/MAP employee if that's what you're concerned about.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What's the opposite of "Get pumped!"? 😭

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks to me like he gives all the info he has in his first post.... if he had info on the 2-doors... he would have said so... :)
My question wasn't directed at you, cowman.
This thread is full of members asking additional questions and him responding directly to them individually.

Sponsored

TheHuntMan

Big Bend
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 1994 Bronco XLT, 2018 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When Ford says they have chips for 60k builds, they mean that they have suppliers committed to getting them the 60k chips. But then when the supplier doesn't deliver...
I’ve said this from the beginning. They will rob unused chips that are supposed to be for the Broncos and put them in F150s instead. They make way more money off of pickups than SUVs. It’s just smart business. They won’t tell anyone they’re doing this but check and see which plants are running and which are not.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, we are largely past COVID in the USA. The vaccine is highly effective, with near 100% prevention of hospitalization/death in vaccinated persons. Anyone who wants a vaccine can get one in the USA.

Church groups down south or whatever, if they don't want the vaccine, they'll have to deal with possibility of stronger COVID symptoms if contracted. Definitely the rest of the vaccinated population should not be victim to more authoritarian restrictions because of those folks, or persons just wanting to exert control.

And children were never a high risk group for COVID. The very low IFR (infection fatality rate) in children is well established. I sure hope schools don't close down again. My wife is a grade school teacher, at a Chicagland school that did not fully close down during COVID. And her school (one of the largest grade schools in the area) had no COVID outbreak.

COVID is and always was, a key risk for the elderly and persons with certain co-morbidities. It's unfortunate we didn't laser focus on those folks early on.
I get it, but with 50% of the population unvaccinated hospitals will fill up and the system will be overloaded. They won't have a choice.

Children are at low risk but are spreaders (school events and fall sports are spreading events for adults as well). There may not have been an major outbreak at your wife's school before but the Delta variant is much more transmissible.

I live in fairly rural Kansas, our new infection numbers are already as high as they were at peak.

Sponsored

borrek

First Edition
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Given my First Edition has been built and sitting at MAP for over a month now I'm not feeling real confident about it ever shipping.
I'm in almost the same boat. FE with a blend date of 7/14, and no update beyond "In production"

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Final" decision to come today, but it sounds like 8/23.
Sorry if you've explained this but why do they have shutdown weeks? Is it because they don't have enough supply to continue building continuously?

BroncoMiami

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P90D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum Any info on the Disappearing ETA Delivery info us #BadBatch Broncos saw a couple weeks ago? Was that a date that means anything or was it an error of some kind we should ignore?
I am keeping an eye on that as my delivery date (that disappeared) showed a delivery of today ("Est. 8/9/2021"). Was hoping to wake up this morning to it showing built or something new BUT as of now... NADA. :sleep:

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I ask a “stupid question”? What happens to those of us who have VINs already if we reach the 21MY cut off date and our build still ain’t built? Does our VIN just expire? Are we assigned a new one? I guess what I am asking really is, does having your VIN at this point actually mean anything? The road to hell is paved with the best of intentions…. And purgatory is her next door neighbour.
Ford can discard unused VINs or delay scheduled orders indefinitely.

The more interesting question is whether Ford will push out those that are already scheduled in order to build earlier reservations that were initially skipped due to commodity issue, but that can now be built instead due to the generic component delays.

TheHuntMan

Big Bend
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 1994 Bronco XLT, 2018 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am keeping an eye on that as my delivery date, that disappeared, showed a delivery of today ("Est. 8/9/2021"). Was hoping to wake up this morning to it showing built or something new BUT as of now... NADA. :sleep:
I was an 8/6 delivery that disappeared, I never heard anything either.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.