First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sport mode is designed to have the aggressive up/downshifts. So if you aren't a fan of that I'd definitely recommend using a different mode.

As mentioned above if you're looking for an easy way to pick up power without messing with the PCM the JB4 is an awesome product. I've been running it on my Braptor for some time now and love it. I typically drive around with MAP 3 which is quite a noticeable difference over stock.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Thanks!
Is MAP 2 worth it? Im stuck with 91 Octane here in Cali
Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Chatted with Ford Performance today. This is further confirmation it is in development, but no ETA at this time.

Looking forward to the release. More power!

It’s calibrates the engine for more HP/TQ, improved throttle response and better shift points. It also has the ability to calibrate for gear changes, tire sizes and axle ratios. You can datalog with it, read and clear DTC codes and can disable the auto start/stop feature.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Ford Performance Procal Device With Calibration is in the Works 68D3CB4F-A77F-4596-AE30-8C84579BFEED

dock50

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the meantime if you haven't seen the results we got with the JB4 on out Braptor definitely check it out. Pretty impressive results that's for sure.
Hello, So i just installed my JB4 on my Raptor, That i received from you, Once installed on my app it recoomends map 3 for 93-E30. Is fuel additive necessary for this map, Or Just map4 and Map5

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On our Braptor we picked up 22rwhp and 50rwtq on Map 2. However that was on 93 octane so your results may vary a bit. Keep in mind though that when you do get a chance to throw some better fuel in there or use some octane booster you'll see some solid results over 91.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Ford Performance Procal Device With Calibration is in the Works blended_braptor

Hello, So i just installed my JB4 on my Raptor, That i received from you, Once installed on my app it recoomends map 3 for 93-E30. Is fuel additive necessary for this map, Or Just map4 and Map5
I noticed the same thing on the app for MAP 3 however I've been running 93 octane only on MAP 3 without any issues. That being said it's pretty much up to you on whether you decide to do the same as I did.

dock50

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On our Braptor we picked up 22rwhp and 50rwtq on Map 2. However that was on 93 octane so your results may vary a bit. Keep in mind though that when you do get a chance to throw some better fuel in there or use some octane booster you'll see some solid results over 91.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Ford Performance Procal Device With Calibration is in the Works blended_braptor

I noticed the same thing on the app for MAP 3 however I've been running 93 octane only on MAP 3 without any issues. That being said it's pretty much up to you on whether you decide to do the same as I did.

Thats what i thought from watching your video. Thank you. It is a noticeable power gain once you get into the boost. Im impressed.

Sponsored

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sport mode is designed to have the aggressive up/downshifts. So if you aren't a fan of that I'd definitely recommend using a different mode.

As mentioned above if you're looking for an easy way to pick up power without messing with the PCM the JB4 is an awesome product. I've been running it on my Braptor for some time now and love it. I typically drive around with MAP 3 which is quite a noticeable difference over stock.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Thanks!
After extensive playing around,
normal mode =eco I'm guessing 70% engine tuning and the truck wallows. Sport makes the engine pull much harder somewhere around 85-90% tuning, I can tell a slight deference in baja mode, that must be where you get the full 418 factory hp and torque. As you move up in modes it's become clear it's not just pedal responce, as it says in the manual engine tuning is part of the different modes.
I've got a long uphill on ramp I drive on every day and I've tried all the possible settings many times and got consistent results.
I use sport mode for my daily driver. I just with it didn't bang down so hard coming to a stop sign, it's got to be hard on the drive train....besides, I have paddle shifters when I want to do that...
5 star said they were working on a tune for the BR this quarter, I'll wait for the ford and the 5 star before I make a final decision. I really want to get at those shift points.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
After extensive playing around,
normal mode =eco I'm guessing 70% engine tuning and the truck wallows. Sport makes the engine pull much harder somewhere around 85-90% tuning, I can tell a slight deference in baja mode, that must be where you get the full 418 factory hp and torque. As you move up in modes it's become clear it's not just pedal responce, as it says in the manual engine tuning is part of the different modes.
I've got a long uphill on ramp I drive on every day and I've tried all the possible settings many times and got consistent results.
I'd be very surprised if peak hp is not available in all driving modes. OTOH I fully expect different modes to use different pedal position vs. % throttle curves to make modes feel like peak hp isn't available when all it is doing is changing power at a given pedal depression.

You've got to go WOT and get near redline to tell, probably along with some actual acceleration numbers.

This is totally the norm in cars with such modes.

By "x % engine tuning" do you mean that is the percentage of peak hp available?

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've tried diffrent modes with the hammer down... results seem to be consistent. I have a 12' raptor with a pedal commander and this is different, the manual states they tune the engine for different modes. Baja seems to be all out...

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Personally I’m tired of this 418hp claim. The truck makes 315 at the tires, the only place it matters.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Personally I’m tired of this 418hp claim. The truck makes 315 at the tires, the only place it matters.
I get what you're saying for sure. The Bronco as well as Bronco raptor suffer big drivetrain losses. That's why we have mods though. To make them bigger, stronger and faster.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All vehicles make substantially less whp than crank hp. Are you advocating that whp be THE standard for reporting vehicle power.

Secondly, wheel dynos are not able to establish an absolute accurate whp number, change the dyno, conditions, weather, straping, fans, etc. and viola - whp changes - significantly.

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All vehicles make substantially less whp than crank hp. Are you advocating that whp be THE standard for reporting vehicle power.

Secondly, wheel dynos are not able to establish an absolute accurate whp number, change the dyno, conditions, weather, straping, fans, etc. and viola - whp changes - significantly.
Yes, as crank HP is a completely useless number it is irrelevant. The only numbers that matter are at the ground.

switz

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2022 Bronco Bad Lands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any update on the Ford Programmer?
Sponsored