Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm a parts manager @ a Ford store and talked to our Ford Accessory rep a few weeks ago after taking delivery of my 24 Braptor. He stated with all the hoops the OE's need to jump through with compliances and to be able to piggyback with factory warranties it has been pushed into Q2. No specific answers on what part of Q2 but lets all hope for sooner than later.
Please let us know when you hear more!
Sponsored

Darren D

Raptor
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2023 VW Atlas Cross Sport R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thatā€™s not true, but whatever. Listen man, believe whatever you want and if you donā€™t want to talk to your dealer then donā€™t. It makes no difference to me, Iā€™m just trying to shed some light on an often misunderstood issue. I can promise you my dealer isnā€™t lying to me, they sell and service a ton of modified vehicle. Itā€™s never been an issue for me or their other customers before, but do whatever you are or arenā€™t comfortable with, irs your car.
Dude doesnā€™t understand the Magnusson/Moss Act

Deanh

Raptor
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2 dr stick shift, 23 Braptor,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dude doesnā€™t understand the Magnusson/Moss Act
when it comes to custom tunes thats not the case...I remember here at our Dealership we had a plethora of chipped Superduties coming it, the flashes were NOT Ford authorized, all it took was hooking it up to a computer... your boost was 15 pounds over stock at this time on this day at this throttle opening...your blown traqnsmmnision is NOT covered....so tunes are a different beast..thus stick with the Ford factory approved variant where possible...me, I have to wait till its CARB certified,,,, damn kooky California....

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

Darren D

Raptor
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2023 VW Atlas Cross Sport R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
when it comes to custom tunes thats not the case...I remember here at our Dealership we had a plethora of chipped Superduties coming it, the flashes were NOT Ford authorized, all it took was hooking it up to a computer... your boost was 15 pounds over stock at this time on this day at this throttle opening...your blown traqnsmmnision is NOT covered....so tunes are a different beast..thus stick with the Ford factory approved variant where possible...me, I have to wait till its CARB certified,,,, damn kooky California....
So basically, the dealership did the research, presented evidence to support the findings and the warranty repair was declined, based on the findings presented. Yes. Thatā€™s the way it works. My point was proof must be presented in order to decline a warranty repair. Others were implying the dealership can just decline based on the fact that a custom tune was performed. That is wrong. It must be proven. So Thank you for bolstering my point. šŸ˜

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Obviously, it would be very difficult to prove a tune caused a drivetrain failure. Unfortunately, the bar is set very low, i.e. WAG=proof. There should be some ability for some push back on this particular front once FP releases their tune.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

FVCK CARB. My tuned vehicle gets better gas mileage then OEM and we can control the emissions better with a better fuel burning vehicle.
Sponsored