First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well dang! In knew the gains where going to be good based on the data I was getting back piror to getting on the dyno but these gains are amazing! +131 whp gained on 93 and mind blowing 197 whp gain on e50 (on @Spooled's Bronco Raptor)!

Ford really did their homework on the bronco raptor turbos and they are a much higher flowing turbo than other 3.0ls out there! Special thanks Eric HP Tuners for working on getting us the right definitions!

Ford Bronco +193 RWHP dyno by 2023 Bronco Raptor w/ ZFG Racing 93 Octane and E50 Custom Tune Screenshot 2024-04-05 201611
Sponsored

imOFP

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2C, BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

IMG_0458.jpeg

DillonC

Raptor
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f250, 2019 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah that's insane, good stuff!

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If anyone has any questions, this is my Bronco. Ask away. The tune is amazing. Drivability is amazing and the power is smooth and addicting.

Sponsored

Kinetic

Raptor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are you having issues with the transmission safe guards pulling boost or timing?

Amazing results! How does one go about getting this done remotely?

Any upgrades other than tune?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, what other mods? Did you get the trans tuned? I'm hoping to find find details on what is done, mode by mode with their trans. They claim to offer it.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Trans is tuned yes. Adam can make it aggressive or tame as you want. Only mod I have is the S&B intake. In sport shifts super quick and crisp. Even in normal mode it’s crispier while still being smooth.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Trans is tuned yes. Adam can make it aggressive or tame as you want. Only mod I have is the S&B intake. In sport shifts super quick and crisp. Even in normal mode it’s crispier while still being smooth.
Fantastic. That's a great gain with really no hardware. I doubt the intake even gives a measurable gain.

@ZFGracing (or @Spooled )
  1. How are these huge torque levels consistent with the 10R60 torque rating which is just a hair higher than the stock 3.0l output?
  2. What would gains be on 91 octane?
  3. Can your tune adapt from 91->93->E30 blend (~95 equivalent octane), or do you need to load a different tune for each?
  4. Please provide some details on what the trans tuning entails. Shift times, shift points vs. rpm and load, more or less aggressive rev matching, clutch engagement pressure, dumping more/less of engine&flywheel inertia into trans output during upshifts (i.e. a more rough or jerky upshift). Is this done independently by GOAT mode and by gear in each GOAT mode? Can you "fix" the overly aggressive down shifts in Sport mode and the fact that it does not rev match 3->2 and 2->1 only higher downshifts? So many questions about trans tuning!! TIA.

OP
OP
ZFGracing

ZFGracing

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fantastic. That's a great gain with really no hardware. I doubt the intake even gives a measurable gain.

@ZFGracing (or @Spooled )
  1. How are these huge torque levels consistent with the 10R60 torque rating which is just a hair higher than the stock 3.0l output?
  2. What would gains be on 91 octane?
  3. Can your tune adapt from 91->93->E30 blend (~95 equivalent octane), or do you need to load a different tune for each?
  4. Please provide some details on what the trans tuning entails. Shift times, shift points vs. rpm and load, more or less aggressive rev matching, clutch engagement pressure, dumping more/less of engine&flywheel inertia into trans output during upshifts (i.e. a more rough or jerky upshift). Is this done independently by GOAT mode and by gear in each GOAT mode? Can you "fix" the overly aggressive down shifts in Sport mode and the fact that it does not rev match 3->2 and 2->1 only higher downshifts? So many questions about trans tuning!! TIA.
1) 10r60 is good for about 530 ft-lbs on the Explorer which is awd and just as heavy. I suspect the same here. We specialize in 10 speed trans tuning.
2) probably 75whp
3) when you select a tune you will want to select the lowest octane you will run and tune on that. That being said there is room left in the tune for it to add power on better fuel. All of our pump gas tunes are setup to handle up to e30
4)we don't provide details on the trans tuning or what we do to achieve our results. In generally the shifting needs to be quicker and harder for the trans to be able to last. The smother the shift the more time it spends on the clutches and the more wear and tear there is from slipping. The trans tuning is drive mode dependent there are basic 3 profiles that can be held in the trans tune and assigned to any drive mode. We like to keep normal mode pretty tame, sport aggressive751793
and then sand mode is typically made to be a drag mode.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
1) 10r60 is good for about 530 ft-lbs on the Explorer which is awd and just as heavy. I suspect the same here. We specialize in 10 speed trans tuning.
2) probably 75whp
3) when you select a tune you will want to select the lowest octane you will run and tune on that. That being said there is room left in the tune for it to add power on better fuel. All of our pump gas tunes are setup to handle up to e30
4)we don't provide details on the trans tuning or what we do to achieve our results. In generally the shifting needs to be quicker and harder for the trans to be able to last. The smother the shift the more time it spends on the clutches and the more wear and tear there is from slipping. The trans tuning is drive mode dependent there are basic 3 profiles that can be held in the trans tune and assigned to any drive mode. We like to keep normal mode pretty tame, sport aggressive751793
and then sand mode is typically made to be a drag mode.
Thanks.
  • 1. So you are saying that the Ford spec is, more or less, nonsense?
  • 3. So the approach is different in having an E30 tune that can accommodate 91 vs. a 91 tune that can accommodate E30? Would be greaty to better understand the details here.
  • 4. Is the extreme privacy really warranted? You won't get much, if any performance from trans tuning, its more about feel. So are you saying that among all of the GOAT modes they all share just 3 basic shift profiles? So the trans tuning is then simply adjusting each of these 3 profiles? Can issues like the too aggressive downshifting, too aggressive rev-matching, some shifts do not rev-match and the hard thunk shift at low rpm 4th->5th (all problems in Sport mode) be corrected? If so, it sounds like you can alter individual shifts, in each profile? I'd like some reasonable guarantee of such issues being addressed before making a purchase. I (and I expect many other owners) won't purchase on "we make better" or "we make faster" without some details. Lastly there is no Sand mode for the Raptor...

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well dang! In knew the gains where going to be good based on the data I was getting back piror to getting on the dyno but these gains are amazing! +131 whp gained on 93 and mind blowing 197 whp gain on e50 (on @Spooled's Bronco Raptor)!

Ford really did their homework on the bronco raptor turbos and they are a much higher flowing turbo than other 3.0ls out there! Special thanks Eric HP Tuners for working on getting us the right definitions!

Screenshot 2024-04-05 201611.png
Is everyone else missing the fact that this guy has a dyno in his backyard next to his Jetski??!! Siiiick. I want

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks.
  • 1. So you are saying that the Ford spec is, more or less, nonsense?
  • 3. So the approach is different in having an E30 tune that can accommodate 91 vs. a 91 tune that can accommodate E30? Would be greaty to better understand the details here.
  • 4. Is the extreme privacy really warranted? You won't get much, if any performance from trans tuning, its more about feel. So are you saying that among all of the GOAT modes they all share just 3 basic shift profiles? So the trans tuning is then simply adjusting each of these 3 profiles? Can issues like the too aggressive downshifting, too aggressive rev-matching, some shifts do not rev-match and the hard thunk shift at low rpm 4th->5th (all problems in Sport mode) be corrected? If so, it sounds like you can alter individual shifts, in each profile? I'd like some reasonable guarantee of such issues being addressed before making a purchase. I (and I expect many other owners) won't purchase on "we make better" or "we make faster" without some details. Lastly there is no Sand mode for the Raptor...
Not sure a public forum is the best place for this IMO. Most companies don't post their proprietary information for everyone to see. Maybe a private message or phone call would be better suited. Just my opinion
Sponsored