Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just talked to ford performance and they told me unofficially that Ford is still on the fence if they want to release a tune for the Braptor. Apparently they haven't made a decision yet but are not sure if they want to go through all the work, testing and CARB approval.

If you're like me and would like to see one, call Ford performance and let them know, not sure if anything anyone says makes ANY difference but it can't hurt....
Ford performance hot line: 1-800-367-3748
Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I called last week but has there been any update on this?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I called last week but has there been any update on this?
As of this morning, I was told no plans. I will keep working on this with my connections but sounds like an uphill battle, but we have moved the needle before.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
From my talks with them it's in the works but is still a ways out. There's a ton of durability testing that needs to be done first and then it goes to emissions for approval which is a timely process. I'd say if you're set on the FPP cal to be patient and hopefully we'll see it released later on this year. If you don't want to wait the Whipple cal is a great option along with the Jb4 device.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime.

Thanks!

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
New to the Braptor. What are current options for flash? I assume it’s going to be fuel trim, timing and boost mainly?

Sponsored

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

New to the Braptor. What are current options for flash? I assume it’s going to be fuel trim, timing and boost mainly?
The only option for a tune is the Whipple calibration and it’s fantastic. It’s not a fully customizable too, but it adds 60hp/80lb torque, changes shift points etc. it should be combined with their intercooler upgradeS. It’s fantastic, I highly recommend it. There is another three on here that has a lot of details. You can also find several videos online. One from SVT and one from Lethal Performance.

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The only option for a tune is the Whipple calibration and it’s fantastic. It’s not a fully customizable too, but it adds 60hp/80lb torque, changes shift points etc. it should be combined with their intercooler upgradeS. It’s fantastic, I highly recommend it. There is another three on here that has a lot of details. You can also find several videos online. One from SVT and one from Lethal Performance.
Thanks I’ll look into this!

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
could Ford fix the broken Sport mode with an OTA update? it’s so poorly executed, like they made an attempt at rev matching but missed terribly.

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

could Ford fix the broken Sport mode with an OTA update? it’s so poorly executed, like they made an attempt at rev matching but missed terribly.
The Whipple Tuner fixes it and more!

Sponsored

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

and breaks your warranty
Not according to my Dealer. They can’t just void your warranty, they could deny services, but would have to prove that the tune caused the failure. Whipple works with Fords lead calibrator for their tune and uses the ford file. That’s why they are the only ones with a tune available. They would be hard pressed to prove a failure and quite honestly the dealerships like warranty work. You should talk to your services advisor, if they tell you otherwise, you should go talk to another dealerships service dept.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not according to my Dealer. They can’t just void your warranty, they could deny services, but would have to prove that the tune caused the failure. Whipple works with Fords lead calibrator for their tune and uses the ford file. That’s why they are the only ones with a tune available. They would be hard pressed to prove a failure and quite honestly the dealerships like warranty work. You should talk to your services advisor, if they tell you otherwise, you should go talk to another dealerships service dept.
And what is this burden of proof that you describe? Why would Ford warranty any engine tune that doesn’t have their name on it? I would expect them to deny every single one.

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And what is this burden of proof that you describe? Why would Ford warranty any engine tune that doesn’t have their name on it? I would expect them to deny every single one.
It’s still their engine. For example can’t prove that additional turbo boost or shift points caused a cam phased issue. I don’t think you are going to believe me regardless of the reasoning I give you or the reference points that I provide from a legal perspective. You should just talk to a service advisor who would be responsible for approving any repairs with your vehicle.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s still their engine. For example can’t prove that additional turbo boost or shift points caused a cam phased issue. I don’t think you are going to believe me regardless of the reasoning I give you or the reference points that I provide from a legal perspective. You should just talk to a service advisor who would be responsible for approving any repairs with your vehicle.
It was their engine built to their specifications, upon changing those specifications, it’s now your engine.

mrandol

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It was their engine built to their specifications, upon changing those specifications, it’s now your engine.
That’s not true, but whatever. Listen man, believe whatever you want and if you don’t want to talk to your dealer then don’t. It makes no difference to me, I’m just trying to shed some light on an often misunderstood issue. I can promise you my dealer isn’t lying to me, they sell and service a ton of modified vehicle. It’s never been an issue for me or their other customers before, but do whatever you are or aren’t comfortable with, irs your car.
Sponsored