bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If "you" were selected and given the opportunity to purchase a Bronco Raptor, the dealer only gets his $20,000 markup if you say OK. He can't even get that vehicle if you walk away. Negotiate until you are satisfied, that dealership will always want more - so offer him nothing !
If you don't say okay someone else will take your allocation and pay or the dealer will place the order under an abandoned reservation and sell it on the lot. By all means negotiate but don't pretend like having a GT grants you any leverage over the dealership. Ford did not set this up in a way to protect the consumer. The GT only gives you first shot at purchasing the Raptor, it really doesn't mean anything.
Sponsored

PatrickRide

Raptor
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If "you" were selected and given the opportunity to purchase a Bronco Raptor, the dealer only gets his $20,000 markup if you say OK. He can't even get that vehicle if you walk away. Negotiate until you are satisfied, that dealership will always want more - so offer him nothing !
As I understand it they get the allocation whether you buy it with your GT or not. GT holders have zero leverage negotiating price. If the dealer wants to mark it up $50k (like mine) they can and if you don't want it at that price they don't care they'll sell it to someone else at whatever markup they can get!!

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't say okay someone else will take your allocation and pay or the dealer will place the order under an abandoned reservation and sell it on the lot. By all means negotiate but don't pretend like having a GT grants you any leverage over the dealership. Ford did not set this up in a way to protect the consumer. The GT only gives you first shot at purchasing the Raptor, it really doesn't mean anything.
WOW, I misunderstood the program. We get shit on again!

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I understand it they get the allocation whether you buy it with your GT or not. GT holders have zero leverage negotiating price. If the dealer wants to mark it up $50k (like mine) they can and if you don't want it at that price they don't care they'll sell it to someone else at whatever markup they can get!!
My Bad. I wasn't interested in the Raptor, but I thought the program benefited those who have waited FOREVER, not the Dealerships again. Well, some of the dealerships anyway. There are still some honorable ones out there.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My Bad. I wasn't interested in the Raptor, but I thought the program benefited those who have waited FOREVER, not the Dealerships again. Well, some of the dealerships anyway. There are still some honorable ones out there.
I think everyone thought the GT program would be a bit more favorable to the consumers but at the end of the day it's just smoke and screen PR. The dealerships can pull whatever BS they want to get the GT winner to walk and sell the allocation to anyone.

I had hoped the GT would play out differently but as someone who didn't get a GT but can pay the ADM I'm glad I'm getting a Raptor. The GT allocation is just the normal allocation with more steps.

BronxRaptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My dealer submitted my order to Ford this morning and I received order confirmation email moments later.

F35DD7C8-CEB3-4950-B47A-42155C9DCA22.jpeg

Tight lines

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 ram diesel , Ford edge ST, 67 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My dealer submitted my order this afternoon and I received Your Bronco Order Has Been Updated from Ford. I did not get Your Order Has Been Confirmed

Tight lines

Raptor
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 ram diesel , Ford edge ST, 67 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My dealer submitted my order this afternoon and I received Your Bronco Order Has Been Updated from Ford. I did not get Your Order Has Been Confirmed
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor order bank is OPEN! ECCFE245-747A-47D6-8A08-3CAD4DE09C7B

BroncoMustang

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PatrickRide,
Where did you learn that? I am not challenging you, but rather hoping to learn more about this. I was told if we cancel our Raptor order due to the ridiculous overcharge that the dealership loses their allocation, but maybe that person was wrong. Thank you.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

UPDATE: Just finished a call with Ford. I spoke to two different agents. Both told me the same. They said Ford has no control over dealer markups. They said they would let me register a complaint but unfortunately that wonā€™t likely change things. The dealer is free to markup the vehicle to whatever price they like. (In my case an additional $20k) When I asked about transferring my reservation/order to another dealer they said transfers are now frozen on the raptor.

Can anyone that knows or understands more about how these things work offer me some advice? I want to fight this thing because it just isnā€™t right. Iā€™ve had a reservation since day 1.
Hey, my question is.... are you a golden ticket holder? The ford emails stated at MSRP. I submitted my build yesterday with the dealer and received back the build sheet. I replied back to them (asking) and they confirmed my build price is the sell price plus tax, title n registration. They will not be adding an admin. fee. šŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
PatrickRide,
Where did you learn that? I am not challenging you, but rather hoping to learn more about this. I was told if we cancel our Raptor order due to the ridiculous overcharge that the dealership loses their allocation, but maybe that person was wrong. Thank you.
I think the manner in which I obtained my allocation should explain. I did not win a GT. My dealership had 3 GT winners. 2 ordered a Raptor and the third "did not respond to attempts to contact". My dealership then pulled that GT allocation from the GT winner and gave it to me. I had an existing order from 2/2021 with them so not a day 1 reservation.

If any of the other GT at my dealership had elected to not purchase the Raptor, because of ADM or just changing their mind, the dealership keeps the allocation. I know because that is how I was able to order a Raptor.

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If any of the other GT at my dealership had elected to not purchase the Raptor, because of ADM or just changing their mind, the dealership keeps the allocation. I know because that is how I was able to order a Raptor.
This is whatā€™s happening. Itā€™s all over the Bronco Raptor forum here and elsewhere.

The notion that Bronco Raptors were going to people with early reservations, simply is not true.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think the manner in which I obtained my allocation should explain. I did not win a GT. My dealership had 3 GT winners. 2 ordered a Raptor and the third "did not respond to attempts to contact". My dealership then pulled that GT allocation from the GT winner and gave it to me. I had an existing order from 2/2021 with them so not a day 1 reservation.

Not doubting what you are sayingā€™ but the Email from Ford about placing your order for the Raptor only came out like a day or two ago and we have to the 28th to order. What if your GT holder isnā€™t on a forum and didnā€™t get around to replying to the email until tomorrow, what happens if he contacts the dealer and sees that his allocation is gone? Surely 48 hours isnā€™t enough time to justify him abandoning the offer.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not doubting what you are sayingā€™ but the Email from Ford about placing your order for the Raptor only came out like a day or two ago and we have to the 28th to order. What if your GT holder isnā€™t on a forum and didnā€™t get around to replying to the email until tomorrow, what happens if he contacts the dealer and sees that his allocation is gone? Surely 48 hours isnā€™t enough time to justify him abandoning the offer.
The dealer contacted the region rep and got it approved to transfer the allocation, they wanted to make sure they wouldn't get punished for doing this. At the end of the day getting a GT really doesn't mean anything since the dealerships still retain the allocation. If a dealership wanted to tack on 100K ADM on all their GT winners to muscle them out of buying a Raptor nothing is stopping them from what I've seen.

The GT was just a big ass PR stunt because at the end of the day the dealers can do what they want. Ford should have locked the allocations to the GT winners and if they didn't convert, they go away. That would have taken the power away from the dealerships. This was not the fairest way for Ford to handle the Raptor.
Sponsored