First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I stopped watching after 2 minutes.....could not stand his annoying voice and gestures. :rolleyes:

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Life is good with the soft top. It was a blistering 55 degrees yesterday so we put the top down, heat still on though lol
I completely agree with you! however, I'd love to install a roof tent on the Bronco.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Doug's sorta like my in-laws. Best in limited doses. The thirty minute review is like a week long vacation with the wife's family. Can't take it.

Cpc101

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Subarus and one old Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lots I like and lots I don't...

Towing. This is one of the few things I've been concerned about. I want to travel with mine and as such need to tow decent accommodations. 1000# increase helps a bit. Changes cramped to conformable I think. More power doesn't hurt either.

Flares. Don't really seem as bad as I thought when the camo was on. In front angle shots they looked fine. Rear angle shots were hideous.

Bronco ticks all the boxes for me - off road / inclement weather capability, topless, towing, and fun! Sooner or later I'll buy, just don't know what yet...

Interior. Much better over non-Rrrrraptor. I really can't stand any of the available interiors except for the BL which I don't need/want. Color complements are nice, more sporty. The Navy, digi-camo and brown choices are just plain awful.

Sponsored

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess it will grow on me but for now, it just looks more like a hollywood movie prop for the next sylvester stalone, will smith or Dwayne the rock Johnson future cop movie. The regular Bronco Sasquatch is more like Clint Eastwood. You can be bad ass without having to be so bulgy and telling everyone that looks at you that your are.... you know? Bulgy can be pretentious. IMO.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doug's sorta like my in-laws. Best in limited doses. The thirty minute review is like a week long vacation with the wife's family. Can't take it.
I know what you mean....... forced dialogue with alot of drama in the voice inflections. annoying.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thing is a lot, and will be priced accordingly. I feel it's geared more toward 'racing' performance. I can easily see this killing it in Baja racing.

Besides the rare-and-cool factor, I think it is engineered beyond 95% of off-roaders realistic use. If you got the money to burn, go for it! I am very happy with my base sasquatch, it's already more than enough for mild crawling and overlanding.

Besides, i doubt this thing would even fit in my garage. Still a superb piece of art from Ford, can't wait to see these in person.
Definitely agree. I’m in San Diego and this is designed for my back yard but I still don’t particularly want it. A narrower Badlands for tight trails and overlanding suits my needs better. This thing is made for high budget off-roading. The 1%ers of off-road enthusiasts if you will. If I had a ton of money I’d love one but I’d still rather build a two door for trails and regular use.

It is actually a reworked "regular" Bronco. So yeah, its basically a "regular" Bronco with bolt on stuff. Not for me.
This thing is way more than bolt on parts unfortunately. I mean if you want your Bronco to look like a Raptor sure but that’s about it.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stopped watching after 2 minutes.....could not stand his annoying voice and gestures. :rolleyes:
Yes he has an annoying voice and gestures. But I think he does more homework and actually includes more facts and information than other reviewers.

If you do watch the full 30 minutes then you'll be able to tell your therapist all of the quirks and features of the new Bronco Raptor. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool truck, or is it a cool trick? Like many, I want to like the “Ford Bronco Raptor.” It’s at a price point I can afford and I could add it to my stable. It looks cool. It sounds cool. Uhh…

But what for? What is the function of this truck? I’ve never jumped a truck or run through the desert at highway speeds in my lifetime of automotive enthusiasm. Is this really a “thing”… with consumers? I mean, of course it’s a thing that people actually do, I suppose, but how many? I don’t know ANYONE in my extended circle of off road friends who does this sort of “wheeling” on the reg. Do I know rock crawlers and overlanders? Sure. But this seems to be a specialty activity. Are the folks buying the Bronco Raptor really using it for that? I’m more than a little skeptical.

What the BR appears to be from afar is the ultimate mall crawler. Impress your friends with your off the line time in your big truck, and go to Macy’s all shiny and scratch free.

Well, the apropo response from the anti-Jeep crowd might be to call attention to the 392 Wrangler. But hold up, that truck actually has an application for crawling and even overlanding. For those with the pocketbook, it would be an excellent base for a long term wheeler in either of the big two categories… which is to say, high speed desert running is excluded.

At the end of the day this vehicle simply appears useless; beautiful, but… as the great, late Tony Wilson said, nothing useless can be truly beautiful. If any one quote ever applied to the BR, it’s that one. For those of you ready to order and drive one, remember what it truly is before you push the button. Don’t let us all down.

-JC

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t watch him. He is appropriating culture of the mentally ill.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After any video I watch, I ask myself one question: What have I learned?
  1. No manual = I'm out
  2. No soft top for convertible awesomeness = I'm out
  3. A booth wide enough to paint the truck including fenders doesn't exist so we just glue on black plastic = I'm out and can't stop crying.
Thank you,
me

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not in love with the Raptor, though I get it I guess. In saying that, if the preproduction is accurate, they couldnt do painted mirrors and door handles for the Raptor? Yes, I know it was removed for 2022 on models that carried it, but surely they could have done that for just the Raptor model. Painted top anyone? Anyways, good luck to those who wanted one, but for me, it really wouldnt have even been on my radar unless it had a Coyote or other V8 in it. Maybe the Raptor R perhaps, but not holding my breath.
Maybe if we're lucky, a Shelby or a Saleen can take a more affordable bronco and slap a V8 in it for cheaper or similarly priced to a top of the line Raptor.
Sponsored