MaverickMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj 80 amc eagle 85 cj7 laredo 79 ford quadravan(inoperable due to tragic fire)
Maybe ford will suprise us with a rubicon whipping fx4 or whatever they name it right off the bat to properly compete with their target. Then a year later after ford dominates baja(2nd try) with another bronco r, they release a raptor which leans heavily on parts and lessons learned at baja. Something with a unique over 400 hp engine and some serious suspension and big body work. Preferably with parts available from ford to make your standard one feel like a raptor.

I prefer to hope for the best from ford.

Advertisement

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
How does everyone feel about this timeline?
F3D07BC6-7C70-414B-A3A3-A3260F1F5923.jpeg

rmc523

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think the Bronco Raptor will be build with the same frame & interior size as regular? with updated drive train, shocks etc.. Maybe different body panels & bumpers.

or something completely different?
There's not a chance the interior size will be different. But I could see it sporting an upgraded frame and I'm sure it'll have upgraded drivetrain/shocks. I'd also agree different bumpers would be a given. Body panels it's hard to say. With how the rear wheel cuts into the rear door, it makes it hard to give it Raptor-esque flared fenders on individual trims, as they'd have to develop a completely different door skin for it, which they won't want to do for costs. (it's why we've seen the weird fender applications). F-150 Raptor gets away with it because you can have the front fender end before the front door, and the bed is separate with its own side panels, allowing them to use the same standard F-150 doors.

The Pope

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
With how the rear wheel cuts into the rear door, it makes it hard to give it Raptor-esque flared fenders on individual trims, as they'd have to develop a completely different door skin for it......
Not an issue for the 2 Door Bronco.... just saying.... 😎