First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ask the Dealer how much is a Ford Customer Survey worth.

Tell them that you heard the going rate for a top ranked survey and no complaints to the Ford Zone Rep, Bronco Customer Service or the Bronco6G forum just happens to be $893 today only but it could be going up due to commodity constraints.

Also ask him if your name is on the Order, how’s it going to look to Ford, BBB and the Local TV stations consumer affairs reporter that the Dealer sold a Bronco with Your Name on the Sticker for $10-15k out of pure greed.
The one thing they’re afraid of is the SURVEY!!
Sponsored

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All dealers have those fee's they are usually $395.-$995. , it's my understanding that they are not allowed to sell the Bronco's to us (reservation holders) above MSRP as per Ford rules but those dealer prep fees are not governed by Ford and at this point in the game there is no negotiation other that to walk away and like others have posted they will gladly add 10-20K for a mark up and put on the showroom floor, hopefully your dealer will at least give you a couple of oil changes out of the deal (now that you can negotiate).
Not all dealers have a "prep fee", you seem to be referring to a doc fee, which most dealers have. Some states regulate how much a dealer can charge, some states, like FL do not and they can charge over 1k. A prep fee is an add on cost that adds profit to the bottom line of the deal, charging outrageous prices for low cost add-ons like nitrogen and Vin/etch BS.

You are also incorrectly stating that Dealers can't sell above MSRP to reservation holders. Ford has never stated, inferred or published anything with that language. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price....just a suggested price from Ford that can be used in the negotiation between you and the dealer. Most of us on here worked that pricing out before we ordered. You may be confusing Ford MY21 price protection. Ford has stated that those that ordered before a certain deadline have MSRP price protection if they don't get a MY21 Bronco and it rolls into MY22 or MY23, but again that does not protect against your dealer charging more than that if you don't have a deal worked out with the dealer ahead of time.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The supply will not stay limited though, it'll be a mass produced vehicle, and prices will fall accordingly. Problem is you'll be in it for 1k over MSRP. If you can't walk away though, as in any deal situation, you've lost your most important tool.
The supply will likely be limited until 2023 with the way things are going. Then, it will be just another used vehicle that may or may not hold good value.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not all dealers have a "prep fee", you seem to be referring to a doc fee, which most dealers have. Some states regulate how much a dealer can charge, some states, like FL do not and they can charge over 1k. A prep fee is an add on cost that adds profit to the bottom line of the deal, charging outrageous prices for low cost add-ons like nitrogen and Vin/etch BS.

You are also incorrectly stating that Dealers can't sell above MSRP to reservation holders. Ford has never stated, inferred or published anything with that language. Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price....just a suggested price from Ford that can be used in the negotiation between you and the dealer. Most of us on here worked that pricing out before we ordered. You may be confusing Ford MY21 price protection. Ford has stated that those that ordered before a certain deadline have MSRP price protection if they don't get a MY21 Bronco and it rolls into MY22 or MY23, but again that does not protect against your dealer charging more than that if you don't have a deal worked out with the dealer ahead of time.
I did work out a deal ahead of time and that is when I was told they are not supposed to sell above MSRP and gee it didn't ask where that information came from I just again am happy with my Dealer and trust them (5th vehicle I've bought from them) also I have bought a lot of vehicles in my day and the ones I have special ordered I negotiated not only the invoice pricing but the holdback fees and delivery fees as well and have been able to purchase for $2500+ under invoice, so I know how it works but like I said before this is a New model and with 230,000 reservations they are not gonna sit on the lot for long but the dealer obviously doesn't want a bad review either. I am proud of you if you think your deal is better than mine, My salesmen is upfront with me totally on my side and have known him for many years so no need to worry about my deal.
Also with all that said most will be probably financing there Broncos and all these fee's that you are so worried about only amount to 10-15 dollars a month so if you didn't already work them out its not that big a deal Just Enjoy your Bronco.

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with my build week finally in hand I asked my dealer to produce a purchase order for me. This is the issue I ran across and for those that have already bought their Bronco I'd love to hear your feed back. Everything checked out except one thing. The dealer added $893 to the MSRP for "Dealer Prep Fee". This sounds like a bogus fee that is another way of just saying ADM.

Sales Rep has been really nice through the whole process and was pretty honest with me. He said, "If you dont take it, and management honestly doesnt want you to cause they will add 10k for ADM."

Figured I'm sorta stuck with the extra $893...
Maybe you take your routine maintenance elsewhere. Sure, they’ll get their price gouge now, but hit them with an honest Yelp & DealerRater review and take your future business elsewhere

Sponsored

Tetsuo9106

Wildtrak
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For all the talk of dealers being able to add $5-10k to other buyers, I'm not seeing that in the real world. Looking on ebay, i'm not aware of other sites, I see auctions expiring without the minimum being reached and the trucks being reposted at $5k less than the original auction. I think there isn't as much buzz still around. Buzz fatigue, since the vehicles aren't really showing up. I think excitement is up still amongst enthusiasts, but the general consumer types have moved on to the next thing.

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thankfully I’ll be using the A Plan. Glad to know I don’t have to worry about dealer BS.
I will be purchasing under A plan also, but that doesn't protect you from other dealer add-ons that you may not agree to. Review the language in the link carefully and pay attention to the "Process and Documentation" section. For example, it states:

• The dealership may charge any price negotiated (at or above dealer cost) between the dealer and the customer for undercoating, dealer installed options, extended service contracts and other items or services that add value to the vehicle, provided such items are priced separately and listed individually on the retail buyer's order and the AXZD-Plan Pricing Agreement.
https://www.myplan.ford.com/myplanweb/jsp/howitworks/myplan_az_rules.htm?#process

This is from 2018 so there is probably some updated language to this but this is what I have printed and brought with me every time I make a vehicle purchase under the A/Z plan agreement. It really does a good job of covering the customer from any shenanigans and walking into the dealership with this already in hand sometimes puts a stop to whatever they were planning to upsell you before they even start. I believe they have to provide this at the time of sale but no one is going to read through this whole thing at the dealership and they anticipate that.

BroncHouTX

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm expecting the same thing. I was even told recently by a Kia dealership that they were the only ones around selling a Telluride at MSRP. Once I put the order in they mention the $898 dealer prep fee.

droosif

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll most likely be going back to the dealer in September when B&P come out come out for MY22. When I placed my order through the dealer I singed a bunch of paperwork that had a price breakout of the vehicle, the options, and the final sales price but like the idiot I am I didn't take copies home. They verbally agreed and reassured me that they would be selling at MSRP and they would get in trouble by ford if there was markup and that if I didn't want the vehicle they would mark it up instantly for the next buyer. I put 1k refundable down and have the receipt for that. Next time should I just ask for copies of all the paperwork and agreed price. Should I ask for something signed that says "this is the out the door price when you come in to pick up"?
Sponsored